removal

Old Apr 28th 2008, 9:42 pm
Forum Regular

darlo_tony is just really nicedarlo_tony is just really nicedarlo_tony is just really nicedarlo_tony is just really nicedarlo_tony is just really nicedarlo_tony is just really nicedarlo_tony is just really nicedarlo_tony is just really nice
Default removal

ok here goes,

I have had good feed back on costs of moving cost of living etc but are you able to give advise on good container / removal companies

also i have read in past threads about to take or not to take white goods over to nz silly question but what about the plugs ? do you just buy plug converters for each of the items or what ?

hope you can all help
Old Apr 28th 2008, 9:54 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: removal

You'll hear good n bad about most removal companies. I think it's down to luck on who you get to do the packing & unpacking on the day & how much care they take.

Be prepared for a trip to Mitre 10 or Bunnings (your B&Q equivalents) to buy lots of new plugs for all your electrical items, then get yourself a flask of coffee & a packet of biccies & start replacing all your UK plugs.
Do the fridge first then you can get it chilling the beer - you'll be needing a few of these by the time you're done

Last edited by scrubbedexpat094; Apr 28th 2008 at 9:56 pm. Reason: poor grammar - go to the bottom of the class Mr V.
Old Apr 28th 2008, 9:59 pm
Forum Regular

darlo_tony is just really nicedarlo_tony is just really nicedarlo_tony is just really nicedarlo_tony is just really nicedarlo_tony is just really nicedarlo_tony is just really nicedarlo_tony is just really nicedarlo_tony is just really nice

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
You'll hear good n bad about most removal companies. I think it's down to luck on who you get to do the packing & unpacking on the day & how much care they take.

Be prepared for a trip to Mitre 10 or Bunnings (your B&Q equivalents) to buy lots of new plugs for all your electrical items, then get yourself a flask of coffee & a packet of biccies & start replacing all your UK plugs.
Do the fridge first then you can get it chilling the beer - you'll be needing a few of these by the time your done
cheers for that is it that easy though with the plug thing i.e. no probs with electric being stronger of weaker (not an electrician so excuse my child like descriptions) also can you recommend(if allowed) any removal companies so i can get a few prices together
Old Apr 28th 2008, 10:10 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by darlo_tony
cheers for that is it that easy though with the plug thing i.e. no probs with electric being stronger of weaker (not an electrician so excuse my child like descriptions) also can you recommend(if allowed) any removal companies so i can get a few prices together
Not had any problems with the electricity, it's 230V AC, 50Hz as in Europe. You can buy surge protector plugs for stuff like computers etc. Lardyl's the man for this sort of info though. Sure he'll be along later.

If you do a search on removal companies I'm very sure you'll find loads of threads.
We used PSS & the packers were great UK side but NZ Van Lines were hopeless this end. Others have had no probs with them though.
Other companies include Crown, Anglo Pacific, Pickfords. That's all I can remember off the top of my head.