British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Removal (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/removal-519075/)

markraynes Mar 4th 2008 1:20 pm

Removal

We`re getting things sorted now on our move.
We got quote for removals from a few and thing we chose Anglo Pacific. Because they look and sound professional and we can claim our uk tax back, and transfer pension. Nice liitle extras.

We got about 400 cu ft and cost £1800. quite good really but it takes 10-12 weeks to arrive. Blimey.

we was thinking of getting a hotel or b&b for 6 weeks. We do it 6 weeks in uk and 4-6 weeks in nz till we get date of things coming so we can get a house.

Anyone got any prices for b&bs (if they extist in nz) or hotels.
we got young kids so cant live in empty house

thanks

gina and danny Mar 4th 2008 2:04 pm

Re: Removal

wow your organised. were printing out our immi forms as i type, we gotta get them sent off asap, oh just got back from nz so jetlagged and not much help:p, and we havent even thought about whats happening with the contents of our house yet:( think we better pull our finger out.

pumpkinlou Mar 4th 2008 3:39 pm

Hello,

I posted a similar thread yesterday to ship or not too ship. We have little ones too, and i know what you mean. What do you do in the meantime while waiting for your things to arrive? I had lots of good advice, and plan to do B & B like yourselves. Where are you heading too?

PL

markraynes Mar 4th 2008 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by pumpkinlou (Post 6016191)
Hello,

I posted a similar thread yesterday to ship or not too ship. We have little ones too, and i know what you mean. What do you do in the meantime while waiting for your things to arrive? I had lots of good advice, and plan to do B & B like yourselves. Where are you heading too?

PL

not sure yet, but like the sound of hawkes bay

Tan0410 Mar 5th 2008 3:26 pm

May help...may not!

We've decided to ship stuff in early April and we don't leave till mid May...

Have two very small children and figured that better to be without our stuff here where friends and family are....than in NZ when we know only two people....currently :unsure:

When we arrive in NZ we have two weeks in a self-contained 2-bed cabin in a holiday park. In this two weeks we have to find a rental. Shipment will arrive at the end of this two weeks or very soon after.

Cost of holiday let is $100 per night (own kitchen,bathroom, 2 bedrooms and went out and bought a travel cot specially since we asked):thumbsup:

p.s. relying on our excess baggage allowance to carry a few essential items too

Tan

pumpkinlou Mar 6th 2008 7:47 am

Hi Tan,

That's a good idea actually. Better to be here with no things with family nearby as you say. I had some lovely Denby from when we got married, and most of it has broke now :(. Am going to go on a spree when we get to Welly!!

PL