Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Remembering Kashin - Free Day at Auckland Zoo on Sunday 30 August

Remembering Kashin - Free Day at Auckland Zoo on Sunday 30 August

Old Aug 27th 2009, 5:59 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Remembering Kashin - Free Day at Auckland Zoo on Sunday 30 August

Hi guys,

for all those mourning Kashin (who was only a year younger than me) there is a free day on Sunday, see:

http://www.aucklandzoo.co.nz/sphilo....D-C9A08A768A17

Not checked all details as we can get in free (pretty much anyway).

Might be a bit packed but you can always go to MOTAT or Western Springs to feed the ducks, etc.

Enjoy, LL

PS Rain date Saturday 5 September
Old Aug 27th 2009, 6:21 am
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Remembering Kashin - Free Day at Auckland Zoo on Sunday 30 August

Originally Posted by lardyl
Hi guys,

for all those mourning Kashin (who was only a year younger than me) there is a free day on Sunday, see:

http://www.aucklandzoo.co.nz/sphilo....D-C9A08A768A17

Not checked all details as we can get in free (pretty much anyway).

Might be a bit packed but you can always go to MOTAT or Western Springs to feed the ducks, etc.

Enjoy, LL

PS Rain date Saturday 5 September
We went yesterday... A great zoo, although I suspect they lock animals in earlier than 5pm so all visitors are out by 5! As we could not see any tiger or monkeys from 4:30...

What does rain date mean???
Old Aug 27th 2009, 9:32 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Matewx
We went yesterday... A great zoo, although I suspect they lock animals in earlier than 5pm so all visitors are out by 5! As we could not see any tiger or monkeys from 4:30...

What does rain date mean???
If its rained off that's the stand-by date.
You'll see lots for outdoor events as we get quite a bit of erm....rain, like the other night!!

About 430 is best time to see the big cats, but get there before they get put to bed......they seem more active around then.
Old Aug 27th 2009, 9:35 am
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute

If its rained off that's the stand-by date.
You'll see lots for outdoor events as we get quite a bit of erm....rain, like the other night!!

About 430 is best time to see the big cats, but get there before they get put to bed......they seem more active around then.
Ahhh Makes sense!

I thought it was wain...

Anyway, I saw it last night, the rain that is, as I was outside while the firemen were putting the fire off on 17th floor!! lol
Old Aug 27th 2009, 9:54 am
you dewty owld maan!

Originally Posted by Matewx
Ahhh Makes sense!

I thought it was wain...

Anyway, I saw it last night, the rain that is, as I was outside while the firemen were putting the fire off on 17th floor!! lol
Ah I got a call to do a fire today but had to decline it on grounds of ill-health (lurgie). Maybe that was it.
You didn't work at the BHX Metr@p@le by any chance?
I did a fire there once (by "did" I mean investigated not literally "did it"!), one of a series (allegedly) in Hilt@n establishments......mine was in a cleaner's cupboard opposite a lift, and there had been a few around the place like that.

BTW I realise you work for another chain, who coincidentally I once applied for a job with (in the old Bass days) and stuffed the 2nd interview by referring to Will Carling as a T@[email protected] Bass bloke then informed me how he was friends of the Carling family.....oops..
Old Aug 27th 2009, 10:04 am
Live from CHCH...

Ah I got a call to do a fire today but had to decline it on grounds of ill-health (lurgie). Maybe that was it.
You didn't work at the BHX Metr@p@le by any chance?
I did a fire there once (by "did" I mean investigated not literally "did it"!), one of a series (allegedly) in Hilt@n establishments......mine was in a cleaner's cupboard opposite a lift, and there had been a few around the place like that.

BTW I realise you work for another chain, who coincidentally I once applied for a job with (in the old Bass days) and stuffed the 2nd interview by referring to Will Carling as a T@[email protected] Bass bloke then informed me how he was friends of the Carling family.....oops..
Nah didnt work for Metr o pole... Piece of crap as far as am concerned...

Fire was last night, not at the hotel but where I live!! I live in a 38 storey building, on the 12th! Fire was in a flat on 17th...

I counted nearly 10 fire trucks & god knows how many police people!!

Ambulance was on standby, but left empty as we re-enterred the building some 2hours later!!! Was fun watching the lightning strikes over the harbour!