Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Remembering Kashin - Free Day at Auckland Zoo on Sunday 30 August

Remembering Kashin - Free Day at Auckland Zoo on Sunday 30 August

Old Aug 27th 2009, 5:59 am
  #1  
you dewty owld maan!
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: is practically perfect in every way
Posts: 5,565
lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Remembering Kashin - Free Day at Auckland Zoo on Sunday 30 August

Hi guys,

for all those mourning Kashin (who was only a year younger than me) there is a free day on Sunday, see:

http://www.aucklandzoo.co.nz/sphilo....D-C9A08A768A17

Not checked all details as we can get in free (pretty much anyway).

Might be a bit packed but you can always go to MOTAT or Western Springs to feed the ducks, etc.

Enjoy, LL

PS Rain date Saturday 5 September
lardyl is offline  
Old Aug 27th 2009, 6:21 am
  #2  
Live from CHCH...
 
Matewx's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Auckland
Posts: 1,258
Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Remembering Kashin - Free Day at Auckland Zoo on Sunday 30 August

Originally Posted by lardyl View Post
Hi guys,

for all those mourning Kashin (who was only a year younger than me) there is a free day on Sunday, see:

http://www.aucklandzoo.co.nz/sphilo....D-C9A08A768A17

Not checked all details as we can get in free (pretty much anyway).

Might be a bit packed but you can always go to MOTAT or Western Springs to feed the ducks, etc.

Enjoy, LL

PS Rain date Saturday 5 September
We went yesterday... A great zoo, although I suspect they lock animals in earlier than 5pm so all visitors are out by 5! As we could not see any tiger or monkeys from 4:30...

What does rain date mean???
Matewx is offline  
Old Aug 27th 2009, 9:32 am
  #3  
you dewty owld maan!
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: is practically perfect in every way
Posts: 5,565
lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Remembering Kashin - Free Day at Auckland Zoo on Sunday 30 August

Originally Posted by Matewx View Post
We went yesterday... A great zoo, although I suspect they lock animals in earlier than 5pm so all visitors are out by 5! As we could not see any tiger or monkeys from 4:30...

What does rain date mean???
If its rained off that's the stand-by date.
You'll see lots for outdoor events as we get quite a bit of erm....rain, like the other night!!

About 430 is best time to see the big cats, but get there before they get put to bed......they seem more active around then.
lardyl is offline  
Old Aug 27th 2009, 9:35 am
  #4  
Live from CHCH...
 
Matewx's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Auckland
Posts: 1,258
Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Remembering Kashin - Free Day at Auckland Zoo on Sunday 30 August

Originally Posted by lardyl View Post
If its rained off that's the stand-by date.
You'll see lots for outdoor events as we get quite a bit of erm....rain, like the other night!!

About 430 is best time to see the big cats, but get there before they get put to bed......they seem more active around then.
Ahhh Makes sense!

I thought it was wain...

Anyway, I saw it last night, the rain that is, as I was outside while the firemen were putting the fire off on 17th floor!! lol
Matewx is offline  
Old Aug 27th 2009, 9:54 am
  #5  
you dewty owld maan!
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: is practically perfect in every way
Posts: 5,565
lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Remembering Kashin - Free Day at Auckland Zoo on Sunday 30 August

Originally Posted by Matewx View Post
Ahhh Makes sense!

I thought it was wain...

Anyway, I saw it last night, the rain that is, as I was outside while the firemen were putting the fire off on 17th floor!! lol
Ah I got a call to do a fire today but had to decline it on grounds of ill-health (lurgie). Maybe that was it.
You didn't work at the BHX [email protected]@le by any chance?
I did a fire there once (by "did" I mean investigated not literally "did it"!), one of a series (allegedly) in [email protected] establishments......mine was in a cleaner's cupboard opposite a lift, and there had been a few around the place like that.

BTW I realise you work for another chain, who coincidentally I once applied for a job with (in the old Bass days) and stuffed the 2nd interview by referring to Will Carling as a [email protected]@.......the Bass bloke then informed me how he was friends of the Carling family.....oops..
lardyl is offline  
Old Aug 27th 2009, 10:04 am
  #6  
Live from CHCH...
 
Matewx's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Auckland
Posts: 1,258
Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Remembering Kashin - Free Day at Auckland Zoo on Sunday 30 August

Originally Posted by lardyl View Post
Ah I got a call to do a fire today but had to decline it on grounds of ill-health (lurgie). Maybe that was it.
You didn't work at the BHX [email protected]@le by any chance?
I did a fire there once (by "did" I mean investigated not literally "did it"!), one of a series (allegedly) in [email protected] establishments......mine was in a cleaner's cupboard opposite a lift, and there had been a few around the place like that.

BTW I realise you work for another chain, who coincidentally I once applied for a job with (in the old Bass days) and stuffed the 2nd interview by referring to Will Carling as a [email protected]@.......the Bass bloke then informed me how he was friends of the Carling family.....oops..
Nah didnt work for Metr o pole... Piece of crap as far as am concerned...

Fire was last night, not at the hotel but where I live!! I live in a 38 storey building, on the 12th! Fire was in a flat on 17th...

I counted nearly 10 fire trucks & god knows how many police people!!

Ambulance was on standby, but left empty as we re-enterred the building some 2hours later!!! Was fun watching the lightning strikes over the harbour!
Matewx is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.