Remember Me

Old Dec 30th 2008, 11:16 am
Bouncer For Mothercare

wimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of light
Default Remember Me

Hi All, not posted for well over 6 months now mainly due to the dissapointment of our failed plans to move across to NZ. We finally had to give up on our dream because it just became impossible to sell our house. We had several offers and all fell through, we even had one woman that begged us (and I mean begged us) to sell our house to her at the lowest available price because she was so in love with the house and just could not afford any more money. We agreed and she promptly dissapeared from the face of the earth.
In the end it was like our life was in limbo and it was making us ill so we decided enough was enough and some things were never meant to happen.
I wont lie and say that I am at peace with that because I am not, NZ is on my mind every day and I think about what might have been. Maybe one day when the children are older we may look at it all again.
So I would like to wish everyone who are currently either thinking about moving or are in the process all the very best to you.

And I would like to wish you ALL a Very Happy New Year
Old Dec 30th 2008, 7:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Remember Me

Yup sure do, good to hear from you. We are still no further along the trail, Court case pending and that's before we even get so far as medicals and house sales. So many times I think about giving up on it but DD just won't let me! I even had one of those panic dreams where I was standing in the middle of Cambridge (NZ) by the park and didn't know anyone and felt really alone
Had a charming letter from my mother this morning too proclaiming me to be all that is cruel in this world,because I want to do something different with my life, ah families, don't you love them?
Old Dec 30th 2008, 8:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

teebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond repute

I too remember you, the housing world is pure hell at the moment. Keep the dream on the back burner you never know whats around the corner.

Happy New Year to you both and best wishes for 2009.
Old Dec 30th 2008, 9:46 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Hey Wimpy

Lovely to hear from you again.

Who knows what the future holds Wimpy. You may find yourself living and breathing here in NZ in times to come. I sincerely hope you do get that chance.

Wishing you a very Happy New Year 2009.

All the best to you and yours

BEVS
Old Dec 30th 2008, 9:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Forgot to say I also remember your avatar most cos it's so cute
Old Jan 1st 2009, 3:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya Wimpy, I only pop on BE every now & then. It was good to get your update. Say hi to Devon from me with a hug. I wish you all the best for 2009 & hope to see you here. x
Old Jan 1st 2009, 7:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Yup i remember you too.
I still cannot believe we managed to sell our house in the uk when we did.
There were dozens just like it for sale and ours was the only one with a "SOLD" sign up.

I even had one of those panic dreams where I was standing in the middle of Cambridge (NZ) by the park and didn't know anyone and felt really alone
you know thats never going to happen as we're keeping beer in the fridge.
Old Jan 1st 2009, 11:00 am
lionheart

howden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to all

Another one who remembers you,

No need to give up on your dreams, it's just gonna take a little longer.

Are you leaving your house on the Market, you have nothing to loose, but it can be verrrry disappointing when sales fall through.

Happy New Year

Pauline
Old Jan 1st 2009, 2:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by colandros
you know thats never going to happen as we're keeping beer in the fridge.
Thanks Col and Ros, hope its not got a sellby date give my love to Cambridge xx
Old Jan 1st 2009, 2:50 pm
Bouncer For Mothercare

wimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks all for the positive comments, right now the house is off the market because it has dropped £50k since its original valuation and that is a pretty severe sum to toss away. Things will pick up but may take a few years so in the meantime we will be looking at a healthy holiday in Kiwi Land as my best friend lives there aswell as sister in law.
Old Jan 1st 2009, 6:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wimpy
Thanks all for the positive comments, right now the house is off the market because it has dropped £50k since its original valuation and that is a pretty severe sum to toss away. Things will pick up but may take a few years so in the meantime we will be looking at a healthy holiday in Kiwi Land as my best friend lives there aswell as sister in law.

Hello, you are well remembered it seems. I was very sad when you understandably pulled the plug. BUT listen to my story. Came here in 1990 and 14 years and 2 wives later (the 1st buggered off with a toy boy!!) I got to where I wanted. I guess you are much younger than me and time is on your side. May I say it was well worth the wait and my time in the big waiting room that was GB was very enjoyable!!! The great thing is that NZ will always be here waiting for you. The housing market WILL come right and your arrival will merely be delayed. Come see us if you are in the lower part of the N Isle on your NZ road trip. Happy new year!!!!

PS You wouldn't wanna come now anyway with the shite exchange rate!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 8:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

iwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond repute

I remember you...and you avatar! Lovely to hear from you again!

Sorry things still haven't progressed...we are in the same boat, just waiting to sell (or rent) the house before we can move!

Couldn't you rent the house out? That's what we're trying next, then at least we can sell the house when the market picks up & make a bit more profit!