Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Relocation relocation relocation...(Dosh that is!)

Relocation relocation relocation...(Dosh that is!)

Old Nov 20th 2012, 6:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Caz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Relocation relocation relocation...(Dosh that is!)

Originally Posted by Padycosforbos
Well got the job offer and thanks to yee guys my expectations of the relocation was not great (shocked to hear so many of u got nowt!) but anyway you have given me some idea of the costs involved (less of course my dogs!) The relocation is 10k (NZ dosh that is) plus a months accomm . Ohhh heck so much to think about -big opportunity, but BIG move. We looked at both sides, some folks love it- and others.... Just how difficult is it it to make friends? now as a drinker,never been a problem wherever I have been... just checking!! ??
congrats! well done on being offered some relocation assistance too! Yes lots of things to consider. as you know from reading here - everyone's experience is different and no one can tell you if it will be for you or not. How difficult is it to make friends? the answer is impossible! It will be easier to make expat friends for sure - generally you have the same backgrounds/sense of humour and that sense of adventure to try somewhere new - all with variations of course but you all come from the same place, plus there's the "alone in a new land" thing where you all HAVE to make new friends. As for kiwi friends - well theres lots of different POV on this - I generally think - it will happen but it will be a longer harder slog and needs time and effort to develop them.
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 4:40 am
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Relocation relocation relocation...(Dosh that is!)

Originally Posted by Padycosforbos
Hey ho!

Well this is a mighty BIG move, so still weighing up the pros and cons I guess getting down to negotiations salary n relocation allowance, its a long way to relocate - and just the cost of bringing my dogs (and eye watering 8.5k) jesus thats more than my flight Did any of yee come over for a job offer (tis a good job in a big multinational company) and can anyone give me idea's of you got in terms of relocation allowance please? Was there any room for negotiation? was it a 'flat' fee and you sort everything yourself? Your a helpful friendly bunch and I really appreciate all your help and comments.

Cheers
Paddy
If they are offering and they are a large multi national, I would expect it to include either 2 to 4 weeks accommodation and $5,000 to $10,000 for expenses.

So low end would be 2 weeks plus $5,000 and top end would be 4 weeks plus $10,000. Also, are you having expenses re-imbursed against invoices or being given a lump sum (which is treated as income and taxed accordingly)

See what is offered and where you lie on that scale if you want to start negotiating.