Relocation Costs

Old Mar 16th 2016, 3:15 am
Just Joined

stevedun4 is just really nicestevedun4 is just really nicestevedun4 is just really nicestevedun4 is just really nicestevedun4 is just really nicestevedun4 is just really nicestevedun4 is just really nicestevedun4 is just really nice
Question Relocation Costs

Hi

I live in ChCh but moving to Auckland in July, does anyone have a rough ball park figure to move a 1 bed house contents?
Ive sppoken with a couple of house movers and I think they are pulling my chain!! Anyone with recent experience of this?

Thanks in advance, apologies admin if I shouldnt post this here... not been on in a couple of years
Old Mar 16th 2016, 3:46 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Relocation Costs

About $3,500. That's what it cost us to ship the contents of a two bed house from Christchurch to Whanganui nearly five years ago. (It was a three bed house contents on leaving the UK but we somehow managed to squeeze our selves into a two bed house in ChCH.)

It must be all of that plus, if you factor in inflation.

Allied Pickfords moved us and they were very good.

Although some of that was the initial reconnaissance of two return flights plus rental car plus motel costs for 2 nights. So we could scope out a place to rent so we had somewhere to tell the removal firm where to bring our stuff to !
Old Mar 16th 2016, 5:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

How much have you been quoted, and by who ??
Old Mar 16th 2016, 5:47 am
Forum Regular

Pigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud of

backloadmoving.co.nz

Put your name, address to and from on their website. Removal companies will then call you with a quote.
We moved a 3 bed house from Auckland to Mosgiel for $3700 in Oct 2015.
Old Mar 19th 2016, 12:29 pm
Forum Regular

UktoNZ2016 has a brilliant futureUktoNZ2016 has a brilliant futureUktoNZ2016 has a brilliant futureUktoNZ2016 has a brilliant futureUktoNZ2016 has a brilliant futureUktoNZ2016 has a brilliant futureUktoNZ2016 has a brilliant future

Have you it boxed?

Are you insuring it yourself?
Old Mar 19th 2016, 9:29 pm

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Snap Shot
About $3,500. That's what it cost us to ship the contents of a two bed house from Christchurch to Whanganui nearly five years ago. (It was a three bed house contents on leaving the UK but we somehow managed to squeeze our selves into a two bed house in ChCH.)

It must be all of that plus, if you factor in inflation.
Correction - it was $7,000 for us to move all our stuff including the reconnaissance as previously detailed by me.

I remember converting it into sterling in my head, which at the time in 2011 was about three and a half thousand pounds.