Reload this Page >

Relocating to New Zealand advice

Relocating to New Zealand advice

Old Feb 2nd 2014, 1:58 pm
Just Joined

cooperkaty is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Relocating to New Zealand advice

Hi,

We are looking for a bit of advice ( well alot actually ) about how to go about relocating to New Zealand. We are a family of 5 hoping to relocate from Aberdeen , Scotland and wondering how we go about this?
I( Dave ) currently work overseas on rotation out of West Africa in the oil and gas sector, and although i dont have a vacancy in NZ at the moment i am actively looking. I have worked in New Plymouth a few years ago but again only a short spell and was surprised how many expats i found working there and they only said good things about NZ. Any advice or links to go to, and also information on how to start the process would be greatly appreciated,

Regards

Dave & Lindsay Craig
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 4:22 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Relocating to New Zealand advice

Welcome to BE
you would need to see what visa would be best for you and your family.

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/

apart from that read through the posts on here and if you can't find what you are looking for then just ask
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 4:37 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Relocating to New Zealand advice

If you are planning on staying permanently then look at the two visas that lead to residency on the website MrsF has linked to.
These are the Work to Residence visa and the Skilled Migrant Category.

You would need a job offer to apply for WTR and it must be on either the long term skills shortage list or for an accredited employer. There are other conditions attached for a job to be allowable under this category.
You do not need a job offer to apply under the SMC, however you need enough points to guarantee selection and your application going further. Currently you are likely to need 140 or above without a job offer or >100 with a job offer.
Have a look at the Points Indicator under the SMC section first off
P

Oh and welcome to BE!