Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

'Relating well in NZ' course- well worth doing

'Relating well in NZ' course- well worth doing

Old Mar 29th 2008, 4:27 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 'Relating well in NZ' course- well worth doing

Originally Posted by helinuk
excuse me you 2 this was started as positive thread
Apologies, Helen. Pascal is acting all "innocent" but he likes to have a dig at me. Quite why he has nothing else better to do, I don't know. Oh well, there are weirdos all over the interwebs.

Originally Posted by dreamfish
we have arrived with PR and i contacted our 'settlement office', told them we were in Porirua. They sent us a pack of 'Whats on in Wellington', 'Whats on at Te Papa' , 'whats on at the botanical gardens', a wellington bus timetable and train timetable for the johnsonville line. Oh, and a Porirua bin bag and recycle bag.
Not too bad for starters...

Originally Posted by dreamfish
I thought it was pretty naff when I could have done with knowing the basics like what is the number for emergency services, an explanation of the ambulance service out here, where to get bin bags, how to use the post office and what do the various postal services mean, and those grey boxes on the side of the road arent poop scoop bins, but letter boxes.

Nothing about any courses or how to settle in.
I wonder how they would react if we came up with a list of what would really be useful to know, put it together for them, and presented it to them. They might really appreciate the effort of current expats wanting to help out new expats. I think I'll start a new thread on that.

Originally Posted by Nerine
oooooooh dear, therein lies a tale
Sure does eh? Go on do tell!
Old Mar 29th 2008, 4:55 am
Banned

pascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nice

[QUOTE=Maz;6126378]Apologies, Helen. Pascal is acting all "innocent" but he likes to have a dig at me. Quite why he has nothing else better to do, I don't know. Oh well, there are weirdos all over the interwebs.

Pot calling the kettle black me thinks.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 5:04 am
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Maz;6126378]Apologies, Helen.

it's ok Maz just don't let ppl wind you up- put them on 'ignore' if you don't like their comments, thats what I do
Old Mar 29th 2008, 5:10 am
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Maz;6126378]
I wonder how they would react if we came up with a list of what would really be useful to know, put it together for them, and presented it to them. They might really appreciate the effort of current expats wanting to help out new expats. I think I'll start a new thread on that.

If you like I'll send you the contact details of the relational services Tauranga for you to send to Wellington

This course did give us local info booklets but was more to do with helping ppl settle in a new country. Setting new goals and networking.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 5:12 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by helinuk
If you like I'll send you the contact details of the relational services Tauranga for you to send to Wellington

This course did give us local info booklets but was more to do with helping ppl settle in a new country. Setting new goals and networking.
Ooh yes please, would be nice to see what they have. Thanks Helen!
Old Mar 29th 2008, 6:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Maz
Ooh yes please, would be nice to see what they have. Thanks Helen!
Western bay of plenty settlement support nz YMCA Tauranga, 82 Devonport rd, Tauranga.
*** www.migrantsupport.org.nz*** excellent

settlement support tel. 07 578 9272

Relationship sevices 07 5787833 are the organisation who lead the courses from Kaitiaia to Invercargill 0800 735 283 www.relate.org.nz

Last edited by helinuk; Mar 29th 2008 at 6:08 am.