Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Rejection letter...

Rejection letter...

Old Jan 19th 2012, 2:56 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Rejection letter...

Completely brilliant:
A student has sent a rejection letter to the University of Oxford following her interview for a place there.

Ms Nowell's letter began: "I have now considered your establishment as a place to read Law (Jurisprudence).

Elly Nowell Student "I very much regret to inform you that I will be withdrawing my application.

"I realise you may be disappointed by this decision, but you were in competition with many fantastic universities and following your interview I am afraid you do not quite meet the standard of the universities I will be considering."

Should the university wish to "reapply", her letter continued, "while you may believe your decision to hold interviews in grand formal settings is inspiring, it allows public school applicants to flourish... and intimidates state school applicants, distorting the academic potential of both".

She also criticised Magdalen College's "traditions and rituals", and the gap between "minorities and white middle class students".

However, the university said in a statement: "Of the seven UK students who received offers for law and joint school courses at Magdalen, only one was from an independent school."
I like the way she pre-empted and outmanoeuvred the universities response. She’ll be great in law if she keeps that sharp wit .
Old Jan 19th 2012, 7:16 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rejection letter...

Originally Posted by Charismatic
Completely brilliant:

I like the way she pre-empted and outmanoeuvred the universities response. She’ll be great in law if she keeps that sharp wit .
No, the College's response is excellent PR and presumably factual. How are they supposed to do away with the grand settings - that's part of the attraction surely? 6/7 state school is a heck of a lot better than it used to be. In fact that stat is pretty unbelievable and it looks like sour grapes on her part.