Regrets

Old Nov 20th 2006, 3:08 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Regrets

Any regrets?

Things you wished you had or had not done or said before you left for your new life?
Old Nov 20th 2006, 7:01 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Regrets

Originally Posted by Jack Daws
Any regrets?

Things you wished you had or had not done or said before you left for your new life?
And now, the end is near;
And so I face the final curtain.
My friend, Ill say it clear,
Ill state my case, of which Im certain.

Ive lived a life thats full.
Ive traveled each and evry highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, Ive had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

I planned each charted course;
Each careful step along the byway,
But more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Yes, there were times, Im sure you knew
When I bit off more than I could chew.
But through it all, when there was doubt,
I ate it up and spit it out.
I faced it all and I stood tall;
And did it my way.

Ive loved, Ive laughed and cried.
Ive had my fill; my share of losing.
And now, as tears subside,
I find it all so amusing.

To think I did all that;
And may I say - not in a shy way,
No, oh no not me,
I did it my way.

For what is a man, what has he got?
If not himself, then he has naught.
To say the things he truly feels;
And not the words of one who kneels.
The record shows I took the blows -
And did it my way!
Old Nov 20th 2006, 7:28 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

You should have been a lyricist
Old Nov 20th 2006, 10:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Leaving do was hard as hell. Regret not getting Donna more pissed. Good thread,thought there'd be more answers than this. Gonna karma you for this.
Old Nov 20th 2006, 10:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I deeply regret not visiting Australia before deciding NZ was the one!
Came here 4 times on holiday, it was ace, as holidays quite often are.
Visited Australia last year, soon realised what a BIG mistake emigrating to NZ was.
Australia is more what we are looking for as a family. Climate (Brisbane) far better than here.
So, thats our regrets.
Old Nov 21st 2006, 12:31 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by danny.f
Leaving do was hard as hell. Regret not getting Donna more pissed. Good thread,thought there'd be more answers than this. Gonna karma you for this.
there you good - speaking too soon............
Old Nov 21st 2006, 2:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold

Any regrets?

Yeah, I always wanted to go to Iceland, Norway, Sweden or Denmark. Never went to any of them. Maybe I'll go when I'm old and rich. Was going to go to one of them for honeymoon, but went to Amsterdam instead, no regrets there though
Umm, I regret not spending more time with a few people that I miss like mad sometimes.
But nothing else really.
Old Nov 21st 2006, 2:49 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jude J
Yeah, I always wanted to go to Iceland, Norway, Sweden or Denmark. Never went to any of them. Maybe I'll go when I'm old and rich. Was going to go to one of them for honeymoon, but went to Amsterdam instead, no regrets there though
Umm, I regret not spending more time with a few people that I miss like mad sometimes.
But nothing else really.
Sweden is exceptionally clean, but possibly the most expensive country I've been to. More stand-offish than Denmark, but both rank pretty high on that scale. Denmark's otherwise pretty boring hee hee! Haven't been to Norway or Iceland. Ex-fiance went to Iceland one summer, though ... right after beer prohibition ended. Everyone was smashed! LOL
Old Nov 21st 2006, 2:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Maz
Sweden is exceptionally clean, but possibly the most expensive country I've been to. More stand-offish than Denmark, but both rank pretty high on that scale. Denmark's otherwise pretty boring hee hee! Haven't been to Norway or Iceland. Ex-fiance went to Iceland one summer, though ... right after beer prohibition ended. Everyone was smashed! LOL
I've heard that, my hubs worked in Stockholm for a few days in the winter one year, he was on expenses but said it was very expensive. He is prone to exaggerating but said it was -20. So probably more like -10 and he said there were reindeer coming into the city areas to warm up, but he might have been winding me up! Oh, he brought home reindeer crisps, some kind of salty meat and the most gorgeous salmon. I would love to go over that bridge between Sweden and Denmark, have you seen it?
Old Nov 21st 2006, 3:12 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jude J
I've heard that, my hubs worked in Stockholm for a few days in the winter one year, he was on expenses but said it was very expensive. He is prone to exaggerating but said it was -20. So probably more like -10 and he said there were reindeer coming into the city areas to warm up, but he might have been winding me up! Oh, he brought home reindeer crisps, some kind of salty meat and the most gorgeous salmon. I would love to go over that bridge between Sweden and Denmark, have you seen it?
I only went to both countries in 1981, I should probably add! We sailed from Sweden to just north of Kobenhaven, and I've never EVER seen so many drunk people (on vodka, no less) in my life! This is before Sweden joined the EU, or EC as it was then, and the taxes on booze were *so* much lower in Denmark, that people would make money off paying for the return fare on the ferry, and buying as much vodka as they were allowed, in Denmark, and of course getting smashed on both ferry journeys!

My parents used to both live in Goteborg... it's actually where they met. And yes, reindeer really do seek any warmth possible, including creating havoc by wandering around major cities!
Old Nov 21st 2006, 3:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Winnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud of

Any regrets?

Biggest regret.................not doing it years ago! Only other thing is not bringing more things with me, should have filled the container.
Other than that, absolutely none!
Old Nov 21st 2006, 5:53 am
Forum Regular

Herm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant future

My biggest regret? I never went north of the Thames - always frightened of nose bleeds....
Old Nov 21st 2006, 6:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Any regrets?

Nope, not one..other than having moved here when I could have changed my money at $3 to a pound rather than $2.64!!!
Old Nov 21st 2006, 8:49 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Any regrets?

We do regret not filling our contained to bursting point.... we gave away lots of things that we were told were cheap to replace here.... they are not, and some we havnt managed to replace.

We shouldve spoken to more expats before leaving to get the low-down and not just kiwis.

I regret giving away absolutely all of my baby gear.... wasnt going to have any more babies in the UK.... have forked out loads of money already for this new bub.

I regret leaving all my horse gear with my mate.... she didnt need it and I couldve used some of it here.

I shouldve found this site sooner than what I did!
Old Nov 21st 2006, 2:45 pm
Banned

Cheers for the replies

What about friends and family?

Any regrets there?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.