Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

This refugee thing.

This refugee thing.

Old Dec 20th 2016, 11:51 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: This refugee thing.

I'm very much appreciating our place in the quiet corner of the world and the distance between us and the Middle East/North Africa at the moment. Hopefully geographical constraints continue to be a deterrent.

I was dissapointed to hear a German politician talking about war and such. What Germany needs is a calm, rational approach to both stemming the flow of refugees (numbers are already declining), relocating refugees back to their place of origin at the cessation of hostilities in those areas and finally better resourcing of police and security services to deal with the issues they've inherited.

Last edited by Charismatic; Dec 20th 2016 at 11:59 pm.
Old Dec 21st 2016, 12:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
What Germany needs is a calm, rational approach to both stemming the flow of refugees (numbers are already declining), relocating refugees back to their place of origin at the cessation of hostilities in those areas and finally better resourcing of police and security services to deal with the issues they've inherited.
What Germany needs too, although it probably won't happen, is to quit NATO and stop creating refugees by bombing their homes in the Middle East. As a general statement, the cessation of hostilities means the withdrawal of NATO aircraft and NATO-sponsored on-the-ground armies. Silly, silly, people!
Old Dec 21st 2016, 12:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Kotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
I'm very much appreciating our place in the quiet corner of the world and the distance between us and the Middle East/North Africa at the moment. Hopefully geographical constraints continue to be a deterrent.

I was dissapointed to hear a German politician talking about war and such. What Germany needs is a calm, rational approach to both stemming the flow of refugees (numbers are already declining), relocating refugees back to their place of origin at the cessation of hostilities in those areas and finally better resourcing of police and security services to deal with the issues they've inherited.
Not going to happen. Given a very high percentage of the 'refugees' are economic migrants they are not going to voluntarily return home (and are going to continue coming). So unless you are going to erect ever higher border barricades eg Calais, watch them drown and/or return them at gunpoint?? Given Germany is already fairly regimented eg Id cards and a fierce bureaucracy not sure what further steps a Western democracy can take - but AfD should do well in the next elections.
Old Dec 21st 2016, 12:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Kotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gordon Barlow
What Germany needs too, although it probably won't happen, is to quit NATO and stop creating refugees by bombing their homes in the Middle East. As a general statement, the cessation of hostilities means the withdrawal of NATO aircraft and NATO-sponsored on-the-ground armies. Silly, silly, people!
Sounds like another left wing liberal apologist for Putin/Assad et al. I can just see Al Quaeda and IS laying down their arms because the West (I assume that incl NATO Turkey) pull out. It sounds like Trump agrees with you though and will sign a deal with Putin.
Old Dec 21st 2016, 1:24 am
BE Enthusiast

SSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond repute

I don't understand any of it, I don't understand why they can't all stop killing each other and I don't understand why one religion would want to annihilate another. I know my Hindu friend hates all Muslims but I don't really know why she thinks that either. I feel so sad for the genuine refugees but if lone wolfs keep blowing up and driving into folk they're just going to bring their disagreements into our lives and I feel really angry about that. I feel vulnerable and threatened and I don't want to feel that way.
I worked with a Muslim guy years and years ago and he had no respect for women, he was disgusting and outright said a lot of disgusting things to me .. I was 19 and he made me feel very uncomfortable.
I think that's my major worry, that us women are being threatened and our freedom is being threatened. I don't give a monkeys about anything else really,I'm not religious, I believe we are just nature and will go back to it whether it be in the ground or back to join the stars.
IMO men have got a lot to answer for ;-/
Old Dec 21st 2016, 2:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SSky
What a fun (if unintentional) thread this is. That is half the human race rubbished. Can you imagine the faux outrage if a man said this about females. Misogyny is unacceptable but misandry is fashionable?

Completely off topic - it is the poor downtrodden male who does the dangerous occupations, has a lower life expectancy and higher suicide rates that should be cherished :-).
Old Dec 21st 2016, 5:13 am
BE Enthusiast

SSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kotare
What a fun (if unintentional) thread this is. That is half the human race rubbished. Can you imagine the faux outrage if a man said this about females. Misogyny is unacceptable but misandry is fashionable?

Completely off topic - it is the poor downtrodden male who does the dangerous occupations, has a lower life expectancy and higher suicide rates that should be cherished :-).
I have three sons, this was said in jest but I brought my sons up to respect and honour women not just think of them as dirty rags ... just saying x
Old Dec 21st 2016, 5:23 am
BE Enthusiast

And also, I a female did a very manual hard work job in dairy for three years, I didi it to support my family. Actually a lot of women work in this industry . It's hard and is dangerous! I know as now my back is buggered after I was attacked by a bull that followed the cows into the milking yard.
Old Dec 21st 2016, 5:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Anyways ... back on topic
Old Dec 21st 2016, 9:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

I don't understand any of it, I don't understand why they can't all stop killing each other and I don't understand why one religion would want to annihilate another.
All religions are about control, wealth and power. They are all complete nonsense.

Men have run the world for millennia, and sadly we don't seem to have made a very good job of it

This is the only religious book you need
Attached Thumbnails This refugee thing.-zcolsbible.jpg  

Last edited by BEVS; Dec 21st 2016 at 10:54 pm. Reason: sweary filters apply to pics too .
Old Dec 21st 2016, 7:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Justcol
All religions are about control, wealth and power. They are all complete nonsense.......
Approx 6 billion (out of 7 billion) profess a religious adherence so you need to shout louder :-)
Old Dec 21st 2016, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

DennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud of

Germany, Sweden and the like are idiots.
These refugees posed no threat to the civilised world at the bottom of the sea. Should have left them there.

NZ should have a zero quota or build detention centres in the Auckland Islands and leave them there. Lucky we are surrounded by rough seas so know one can realistically make it here.

Muslim refugees belong in Muslim countries - i dont remember seeing Saudi Arabia offering a helping hand to people in Northern Ireland wishing to escape the troubles of the last 40 years.
Old Dec 22nd 2016, 9:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Approx 6 billion (out of 7 billion) profess a religious adherence so you need to shout louder :-)

I am always mystified that seemingly sensible people can be so stupid.
Six billion people all believing some unworldly essence, burped, farted or
shat itself, and hey presto, out came the world.
Old Dec 22nd 2016, 10:17 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Justcol
I am always mystified that seemingly sensible people can be so stupid.
Six billion people all believing some unworldly essence, burped, farted or
shat itself, and hey presto, out came the world.
Me too. We now understand more about the universe, life and everything than we have ever done. We have scientific explanations for why stuff happens and yet people seem more skeptical than ever about science. That people still buy into religion, alternative medicine and other mumbo-jumbo astounds me and also makes me despair for the human race.
Old Dec 22nd 2016, 6:59 pm
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
Me too. We now understand more about the universe, life and everything than we have ever done. We have scientific explanations for why stuff happens and yet people seem more skeptical than ever about science. That people still buy into religion, alternative medicine and other mumbo-jumbo astounds me and also makes me despair for the human race.
The problem is that science has been corrupted by money - corporates, vested interests etc. Eg. Eating sugar is fine according to the scientific study funded by processed food producers. Scientific studies funded by mobile phone companies proved that there are no health risks from using mobile phones. That sort of thing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.