Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Reet, that's it then, summers owa with!!

Reet, that's it then, summers owa with!!

Old Sep 1st 2010, 8:11 am
Forum Regular

Toon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to all
Default Re: Reet, that's it then, summers owa with!!

Just caught the tail end if the news but it's been the coldest August for 17 years - fact. I'm sure they said average temp for the month was 17 degrees?
Old Sep 1st 2010, 10:24 am
Banned

danjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nice

Well it was hot in London for most of the summer. Not all the UK has crap weather, just most of it.
Old Sep 1st 2010, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

joannii is an unknown quantity at this point

Not hot here in Kent, Horrible Summer Hols.

I am also a rare spotted woman who hates shopping
Old Sep 1st 2010, 7:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

MattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Toon_Nut
Just caught the tail end if the news but it's been the coldest August for 17 years - fact. I'm sure they said average temp for the month was 17 degrees?
yes ive heard he locals complaining about this winter here....but if that was winter, cant wait for summer. its going to be amazing. this winter in Auk, we have worn T-shirts, sunglasses most days, had picnincs, got sun burned!. it was the first day of Spring yesterday, and we can already feel the weather warming up even more. no need for heaters on at night now, and we only used the leccy blanket for about a fortnight!
Old Sep 1st 2010, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

Toon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to all

Thirty two days, fourteen hours, 18 minutes, and twenty one..............twenty.............nineteen seconds to go.

Not that I'm counting or owt like that!
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

ex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really nice

where in nz are you heading to?
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

Alreeeeeeet mate, how's it gannin?!!

Hamilton, not to far away from you I gather?

How's life then, been there long?
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

Leither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud of

Come out the house at 6am this morning, I only had a thin layer of FROST on my windscreen!! Not heavy like, just the type that goes with one quick flash of the wipers but frost non the less.

4 degrees on the old temp guage, having said that it's crept up to a whopping 8 degrees now!

Beautiful crisp morning, clear sky but you can just feel that summer has well n truly gone - for good!
What temperature did it get to later?

The reason I ask is that there was no frost in Edinburgh first thing on Tuesday morning and later in the day it was 22 degrees in the Borders, about 60 miles north of Gateshead.

Last edited by Leither; Sep 3rd 2010 at 9:44 pm. Reason: Clarifying that I was talking about Tuesday morning
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

That afternoon was great, got up to around 17 or 18 ish I'd say? I remeber thinking how wrong I'd got my Wincey Willis prediction!

Early doors was bloody freezing, I went out at around half five time and there was this albeit thin frosting on the windscreen, nowt to thick, it just brushed off with the wipers.

Been great today, must of hit 20 I think?
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 10:10 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like a lovely sunny day in Chch post quake!!

Hey, is Wincey still doing the weather??
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 10:19 pm
Forum Regular

Nah, she packed it in years ago.

She was worse than me at predictions!

Old Sep 4th 2010, 8:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

The last few days in Wellington have been gorgeous, spring here can be better than a north east summer. We have no regrets leaving sunny Sunderland!
Old Sep 4th 2010, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Boopy
We have no regrets leaving sunny Sunderland!

Boopy, no one ever regrets leaving Sunderland!

Old Sep 4th 2010, 9:08 am

expatasia is an unknown quantity at this point

Boopy, no one ever regrets leaving Sunderland!

Except Monkey Reid.
Old Sep 4th 2010, 9:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

Now! Now Toony nuts. Where about are you in Gatesheed, we were nearer to Washy than S'land.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.