record turntables

Old Sep 19th 2007, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

lizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud of
Default record turntables

I know you may think I am living in the dark ages but my turntable has broken. Yes I still play LPs. Anyone know where I can buy another one in NZ? I can't seem to find one anywhere and I have got lots of LPs.
Old Sep 19th 2007, 8:42 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: record turntables

Where are you in NZ dude? - oopps BoP -not sure who is over they matey
There are usb t/ts advertised on the web here....I'll find the linky if you want.
Also there is a hifi dealer on Khyber Pass Rd in Newmarket with loads of t/ts - from Mitchels down to Pro-jects....they even had a Goldring - just like my GL75 but 30 years newer!!

see:
http://www.audioenz.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=4091
or for tradeMe junkie:
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...x?id=118289349

Last edited by lardyl; Sep 19th 2007 at 8:49 am. Reason: read the flippin post.....
Old Sep 19th 2007, 8:43 am

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

Places like 'trademe.com' and 'ferrit.com' should have them for sale.

Turntables are sometimes hidden away under the 'DJ equipment' category, if you are having trouble finding them.
Old Sep 19th 2007, 9:43 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lizard
I know you may think I am living in the dark ages but my turntable has broken. Yes I still play LPs. Anyone know where I can buy another one in NZ? I can't seem to find one anywhere and I have got lots of LPs.
the new Rega Planar - the P1 seems like it might be good and its still made in England!!
It seems that these people stock it:
Tauranga
Jim's Music Room
49 Grey Street, Tauranga
Phone 07 578 163
Good Luck and report back please as I do need to replace my GL75, which is really nearly 40 years old!!
Old Sep 19th 2007, 9:47 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lardyl
the new Rega Planar - the P1 seems like it might be good and its still made in England!!
It seems that these people stock it:
Tauranga
Jim's Music Room
49 Grey Street, Tauranga
Phone 07 578 163
Good Luck and report back please as I do need to replace my GL75, which is really nearly 40 years old!!
For Christmas I bought Hubby the coolest portable turntable can be either run off the mains or batteries and comes in it's own carry case! Thought we could have beach reminisces. Only problem is what with carrying the hamper, Bolly, towels, 4 kids and 2 dogs he struggles with the record collection too ... men?

Sorry, meant to say we got it from www.iwot.com - they may deliver internationally?
Old Sep 19th 2007, 9:50 am
Winter hibernator

Ted Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to behold

Harvey Norman, they do in Wellington
Old Sep 19th 2007, 10:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Try Eastern Hi-Fi they have a few branches around BOP.

Rob
Old Sep 19th 2007, 11:07 am
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.ferrit.co.nz/?ObjectPath=...terCategory1x=

Always a good site in find where things are sold.

Last edited by mickey_d; Sep 19th 2007 at 11:11 am.
Old Sep 20th 2007, 12:39 am
Living on the Gold Coast

Spellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to behold

The cheapest one that I have seen was in Kmart. I bought mine from trade me, but it was an expensive 'retro' type.
Old Sep 20th 2007, 2:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Woolworths & Countdown now and then do a cheap S&V brand turntable for $39.95.

Rob
Old Sep 20th 2007, 7:05 am
Forum Regular

zoej has a brilliant futurezoej has a brilliant futurezoej has a brilliant futurezoej has a brilliant futurezoej has a brilliant futurezoej has a brilliant futurezoej has a brilliant future

WT audio in Lower Hutt is a great treasure cave of second hand and new separates and Hi Fi equipment - My hubby fav shop - after TSS motor bikes!!!!