Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Recipies/cooking tips

Recipies/cooking tips

Old Jan 4th 2011, 4:43 am

Woodpigeon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Recipies/cooking tips

Did a bit of a search and couldn't find anything more recent than about 2007 - do we have a thread for sharing recipies etc? I have a recipe related question, but thought I'd see if there was an appropriate thread before starting one.

If not, I'll make this it and ask away
Old Jan 4th 2011, 8:35 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Recipies/cooking tips

Is it about ham
Old Jan 5th 2011, 2:15 am
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

WP just ask anyway,it'll save you time trawling through!

Phyl x
Old Jan 7th 2011, 2:59 am

Woodpigeon is an unknown quantity at this point

With strawberries coming down in price, and daughter due back from overseas next week I thought I might have a go at making a Strawberry Shortcake. The recipe I have says to crush the strawberries with a fork and spread them on the whipped cream between the two halves of the cake. My question is,since the last time I crushed strawberries I ended up with a lot of juice, would it work if I mixed/folded/beat the crushed strawberries into the whipped cream before filling the cake? Thought that might stop the juice from escaping, but then thought it might loosen the cream and I'd end up with a worse mess than ever

Failing that I might have to make another pavolova
Old Jan 8th 2011, 9:16 am
BE Enthusiast

jennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Woodpigeon
With strawberries coming down in price, and daughter due back from overseas next week I thought I might have a go at making a Strawberry Shortcake. The recipe I have says to crush the strawberries with a fork and spread them on the whipped cream between the two halves of the cake. My question is,since the last time I crushed strawberries I ended up with a lot of juice, would it work if I mixed/folded/beat the crushed strawberries into the whipped cream before filling the cake? Thought that might stop the juice from escaping, but then thought it might loosen the cream and I'd end up with a worse mess than ever

Failing that I might have to make another pavolova
Just slice the strawberries and layer them over a layer of whipped cream- then spread a layer of whipped cream over them then the top half of sandwich cake

Decorate top with fan of sliced strawberries in shallow bed of whipped cream.