British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Recieved contracts - new life here we come! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/recieved-contracts-new-life-here-we-come-483646/)

kato33 Sep 26th 2007 12:21 pm

Recieved contracts - new life here we come!

Sorry if this is of no interest to anyone else but I just had to tell someone other than the family who are going to be devastated. :(

We now have, in our hands, the contract for a new job in Rotorua and the contract to sign for our house sale. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Called the OH and told him and now the nerves have set in.........

No looking back now. Could not afford to buy another place out of the area we live anyway so, having never been to NZ before, we are applying for our visa in the next 4 weeks after having the meds done.

Excitement, dread and fear all at once. We dont even have anywhere to live, so heres to my good fortune and me and the kids sleeping in a cardboard box at your nearest train station:eek:

KIRSTIE Sep 26th 2007 12:23 pm

Re: Recieved contracts - new life here we come!

hi kato33

good luck with it all it will be like being on a roller coaster but well worth it, whats a couple of months of stress and hassle to a lifetime of happiness :D

with regards

kirstie

kato33 Sep 26th 2007 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by KIRSTIE (Post 5356503)
hi kato33

good luck with it all it will be like being on a roller coaster but well worth it, whats a couple of months of stress and hassle to a lifetime of happiness :D

with regards

kirstie

Cheers kirstie.............but the nerves are now making my stomach churn.
Only just got the call about the contracts, well about an hour ago, and now its setting in.

Where you heading too??

Nici

KIRSTIE Sep 26th 2007 1:05 pm

hi nici

we would like to be near Invercargill, as we would like to live semi rural, we still need to put our house up for sale, but dont want to do it yet incase we dont get our visa,
we are just waiting for paperwork to come back to us, to complete the ITA then it can be sent off, we would like to be there for the spring.
Rotorua looks lovely i saw it on Destination New Zealand which is on sky (do you watch it) are you taking the permanent night shift job??
i would like us to be there now as all the waiting etc is a bit stressful but we are getting there
with regards

kirstie

McGowans Sep 26th 2007 1:07 pm

Great news! We done:thumbsup:

We're in the same boatr if/when we sell our house. We've thought about renting it out, but don't want to have that safety net, it would make things too comfortable for us. Also I'd hate to come back to a wrecked house, when we've spent the past 18 months pouring our hearts and finances into. And finally we need the cash!

Emma

lardyl Sep 26th 2007 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by McGowans (Post 5356652)
Great news! We done:thumbsup:

couldn't put it better - good on ya :D

Animal Crackers Sep 26th 2007 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by KIRSTIE (Post 5356647)
hi nici

we would like to be near Invercargill, as we would like to live semi rural, we still need to put our house up for sale, but dont want to do it yet incase we dont get our visa,
we are just waiting for paperwork to come back to us, to complete the ITA then it can be sent off, we would like to be there for the spring.
Rotorua looks lovely i saw it on Destination New Zealand which is on sky (do you watch it) are you taking the permanent night shift job??
i would like us to be there now as all the waiting etc is a bit stressful but we are getting there
with regards

kirstie

Well done everyone:thumbsup: Where's your new job? When is Destination New Zealand on? I've never seen it?:thumbdown:

joshgifford Sep 26th 2007 2:36 pm

Be prepared for the roller coaster ride of emotions :thumbup:we,re more all less in the same boat.my better half been offered a job in Waikato Hospital starting in Dec,container coming next thursday,sale of house been agreed,notice been handed into work,family been told of our plans etc.But it will be all worth it !:thumbsup:

jill1420 Sep 26th 2007 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by kato33 (Post 5356513)
Cheers kirstie.............but the nerves are now making my stomach churn.
Only just got the call about the contracts, well about an hour ago, and now its setting in.

Where you heading too??

Nici

You Go Girl!

Great to hear things are moving for you guys. Best Wishes.

Jill:thumbsup:

Animal Crackers Sep 26th 2007 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by joshgifford (Post 5356903)
Be prepared for the roller coaster ride of emotions :thumbup:we,re more all less in the same boat.my better half been offered a job in Waikato Hospital starting in Dec,container coming next thursday,sale of house been agreed,notice been handed into work,family been told of our plans etc.But it will be all worth it !:thumbsup:

It's all steam ahead for you then!!:thumbsup:Is your husband a nurse? If so how did he get the job? I'm a nurse and just don't know where to start on the job front!!:confused:

Am Loolah Sep 26th 2007 10:00 pm

Well done mate,

I got your PM and will reply promise!:thumbup:

Originally Posted by Animal Crackers (Post 5357200)
It's all steam ahead for you then!!:thumbsup:Is your husband a nurse? If so how did he get the job? I'm a nurse and just don't know where to start on the job front!!:confused:

simonmarkellis Sep 26th 2007 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by kato33 (Post 5356498)
Sorry if this is of no interest to anyone else but I just had to tell someone other than the family who are going to be devastated. :(

We now have, in our hands, the contract for a new job in Rotorua and the contract to sign for our house sale. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Called the OH and told him and now the nerves have set in.........

No looking back now. Could not afford to buy another place out of the area we live anyway so, having never been to NZ before, we are applying for our visa in the next 4 weeks after having the meds done.

Excitement, dread and fear all at once. We dont even have anywhere to live, so heres to my good fortune and me and the kids sleeping in a cardboard box at your nearest train station:eek:

Nice one Nici, really pleased for you and the family... It's all go from now on in, but enjoy it, it goes quickly... here's drinking to you...

Simon

karonious Sep 26th 2007 10:19 pm

Good news Nicci - now the fun really starts :eek::eek:
Hang on to your sense of humour over the next few months or you will lose what little is left of your sanity:rofl:
Congratulations!
Karen B

ceri75 Sep 26th 2007 11:06 pm

thats fantastic news :eek: i'm really chuffed for you all...try & enjoy your UK time with friends & family as much as you can cos i know its so difficult when your emotions are rollercoastering. hopefully meet up over there & good luck.
ceri

happynz Sep 26th 2007 11:53 pm

Noiice, Nici, very nooiice. :thumbup: