Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Received a bill (import tax) from TNT following the return of my documents....

Received a bill (import tax) from TNT following the return of my documents....

Old Feb 27th 2018, 9:29 pm
Just Joined

Mickwick is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Received a bill (import tax) from TNT following the return of my documents....

I've never heard anything back from them since the initial email acknowledging my query!
Old Feb 28th 2018, 8:51 pm
Just Joined

Mickwick is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Received a bill (import tax) from TNT following the return of my documents....

Got my "credit note" today, paperwork as unclear as the initial communications but presume this means it's now dealt with.
Old Feb 28th 2018, 8:57 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by uk_grenada
I always think its a form of theft when duty is charged on the cost of goods plus freight plus insurance,
Thats the "Landed Cost" definition used globally. Landed Cost is essentially the input price to the local business or subsidiary that subsequently on-sells the goods.

If you think that is theft try the application of VAT to Fuel Excise Duty in the UK - tax on a tax!
Old Apr 17th 2018, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

Ria_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to all

I received this letter from TNT too for some documents. Not anything I would consider "valuable", just convenient to have a copy of. But apparently a copy of my current tenancy agreement alone is worth $100 (???), in addition to other copies of historical bills and statements.

Any updates from anyone else, with recommendations on what to do?
Old Apr 17th 2018, 10:21 am
Just Joined

Jon.B is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ria_
I received this letter from TNT too for some documents. Not anything I would consider "valuable", just convenient to have a copy of. But apparently a copy of my current tenancy agreement alone is worth $100 (???), in addition to other copies of historical bills and statements.

Any updates from anyone else, with recommendations on what to do?
Just call TNT and tell them you were being returned your own paperwork and not importing goods so you won't be paying and request a credit note to cancel out the invoice.
They will be getting these calls constantly so they should take care of it without any fuss.