Recce to Nelson

Old Oct 1st 2007, 6:54 pm
Leeds to Nelson

Heal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really nice
Thumbs up Recce to Nelson

Just got back from my factfinding visit to Nelson.We've been looking at depth at the area for about 18 months now and thought it was time to go and have a look before our big move in April.
I must say I wasn't disappointed everything was great.Ok the flight was long but not half as bad as I expected.
I'd like to thank Dave at Driftwood Motel who was very helpful.
I've read a lot of negative things on this site but every experience I had was fantastic.The people were very friendly the weather was very good the scenery and beaches absolutely stunning,plenty of work in fact there were times I had to take a step back because I thought I was dreaming.
I couldn't believe how easy it was to drive from one place to another due to very little traffic, I didn't see any crazy drivers that I'd read about.
I covered a good area taking in all the Nelson area Abel Tasmin NP,Picton,Blenheim,Nelson Lakes and can honestly say I didn't see anything that would make me change my mind about moving over.
I stayed just outside Nelson at Mapua at Accent House it was fab,now we cant wait to get the blue sticker and make the big move.
Old Oct 1st 2007, 9:06 pm
Stoke City fanatic

nelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recce to Nelson

Originally Posted by Heal
Just got back from my factfinding visit to Nelson.We've been looking at depth at the area for about 18 months now and thought it was time to go and have a look before our big move in April.
I must say I wasn't disappointed everything was great.Ok the flight was long but not half as bad as I expected.
I've read a lot of negative things on this site but every experience I had was fantastic.The people were very friendly the weather was very good the scenery and beaches absolutely stunning,plenty of work in fact there were times I had to take a step back because I thought I was dreaming.
I couldn't believe how easy it was to drive from one place to another due to very little traffic, I didn't see any crazy drivers that I'd read about.
I covered a good area taking in all the Nelson area Abel Tasmin NP,Picton,Blenheim,Nelson Lakes and can honestly say I didn't see anything that would make me change my mind about moving over.
I stayed just outside Nelson at Mapua at Accent House it was fab,now we cant wait to get the blue sticker and make the big move.
Best of luck to you. We have been in Nelson for the past 10 months and love it. Brought a house here and hope to open own business in the near future. If we can help in any way or you need any local info don't hesitate to ask.
Darren and Vick
Old Oct 1st 2007, 10:19 pm
Forum Regular

jackietyfry is just really nicejackietyfry is just really nicejackietyfry is just really nicejackietyfry is just really nicejackietyfry is just really nicejackietyfry is just really nicejackietyfry is just really nicejackietyfry is just really nicejackietyfry is just really nicejackietyfry is just really nicejackietyfry is just really nice

I was interested to read about your recce to Nelson as it sounds like somewhere I could settle. We are booked for a recce in Feb and plan to spend a week in top of South Island area. In fact we are booked into Driftwood motel for a few nights!
Anyway, I am pleased you were not disappointed,
good luck with everything
Jackie
Old Oct 1st 2007, 10:26 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

You came to Blenheim and didn't come and see us ............

Glad you had a great reccie, not a bad place to be IMO

Any help you may need, then shout out

Kev& Sarah
Old Oct 1st 2007, 10:27 pm
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

I love Mapua, my folks and brother live there.

Did you catch up with our moderator Bevs by any chance? or she may still be on holiday in the UK.

And before the rumours start Bevs is not my mum...
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 6:50 pm
Leeds to Nelson

Heal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really nice

I think Bev was away when I was over, sorry for not calling in when I was in Blenheim I did think of you ,to be honest I was only in Nelson for a short visit and didn't realise I would be able to see so many places.
Mapua is a great place and a place we feel we may settle in, I stayed at a great B&B there.
Thanks for everyones offer of help and hope to see you all when we arrive in April.
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 7:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

jennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond repute

TOTAL BALDERDASH!
Nelson and its near neighbouring areas are not fantastic, wonderful, beautiful places to live! The weather is not Perfect! The people are not friendly! IT'S HORRIBLE- IT'S OVERCROWDED-IT'S POLLUTED-IT'S FULL OF FOREIGNERS (BRITS AND YANKS) THE PLACE HAS GONE DOWN THE PANS! PLEASE, PLEASE LOOK ELSEWHERE!

'cos we want to live there(next year) and house prices are going up and up and up 'cos everyone wants to live there!
It really is a superb area of NZ.

Last edited by jennifer45; Oct 2nd 2007 at 7:42 pm. Reason: Grammar and guilt!
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 6:42 pm
Leeds to Nelson

Big Big Sorry
I was in two minds to say how nice it was for the very reason you point out ,we are going in April and don't want house prices to rise anymore.where in West Yorkshire are you from we're from Leeds (small world).
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 7:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

jennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond repute

Big Big Sorry
I was in two minds to say how nice it was for the very reason you point out ,we are going in April and don't want house prices to rise anymore.where in West Yorkshire are you from we're from Leeds (small world).
Where the Ducks fly back'ards t' keep muck out at eyes, n treacle mines continue to flow.
Now being Leeds Loiners- tha must 'ave n idea weerst weer from!

Old Oct 5th 2007, 8:59 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by southerner
I love Mapua, my folks and brother live there.

Did you catch up with our moderator Bevs by any chance? or she may still be on holiday in the UK.
Am due to fly out from boot camp tomoz . Five weeks hard labour is over.

Originally Posted by southerner
And before the rumours start Bevs is not my mum...
Good taste in Mums you have there.
Old Oct 9th 2007, 3:49 am
Just Joined

Sandi Bloss is just really niceSandi Bloss is just really niceSandi Bloss is just really niceSandi Bloss is just really niceSandi Bloss is just really niceSandi Bloss is just really niceSandi Bloss is just really niceSandi Bloss is just really niceSandi Bloss is just really niceSandi Bloss is just really nice

We moved to Nelson a couple of months ago and love it here for all the reasons mentioned - climate (except over the school holidays of course!), scenery, pace of life. However, we'd love to get out more - in paticular down the pub! Do any of you meet up for drinks? I know my hubby would love a regular boys night out. Sandi.
Old Oct 9th 2007, 11:50 am
Stoke City fanatic

nelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sandi Bloss
We moved to Nelson a couple of months ago and love it here for all the reasons mentioned - climate (except over the school holidays of course!), scenery, pace of life. However, we'd love to get out more - in paticular down the pub! Do any of you meet up for drinks? I know my hubby would love a regular boys night out. Sandi.
Hi Sandi
where do you guys live ? We are in the brook. Always keen for a beer etc. Let us know if you fancy meeting up as we are fairly new to Nelson as well.
Darren & Vick
Old Oct 9th 2007, 6:25 pm
Just Joined

Sandi Bloss is just really niceSandi Bloss is just really niceSandi Bloss is just really niceSandi Bloss is just really niceSandi Bloss is just really niceSandi Bloss is just really niceSandi Bloss is just really niceSandi Bloss is just really niceSandi Bloss is just really niceSandi Bloss is just really nice

Originally Posted by nelsonpom
Hi Sandi
where do you guys live ? We are in the brook. Always keen for a beer etc. Let us know if you fancy meeting up as we are fairly new to Nelson as well.
Darren & Vick
We live in Richmond but are looking to buy in Stoke. But it doesn't take long to get anywhere around here so we would be happy to go into Nelson. Unfortunately our weekends are not exactly booked solid so just name a time and, babysitter willing, we'll be there!
Old Oct 9th 2007, 10:58 pm
Stoke City fanatic

Originally Posted by Sandi Bloss
We live in Richmond but are looking to buy in Stoke. But it doesn't take long to get anywhere around here so we would be happy to go into Nelson. Unfortunately our weekends are not exactly booked solid so just name a time and, babysitter willing, we'll be there!
OK sounds good. Are you guys free this Sat evening. I work on Sat but finish 5ish so if you fancy meeting for a drink let us know.
Darren & Vicky
Old Oct 10th 2007, 7:57 am
Just Joined

Love to if we can a sitter. I'll see her tomorrow morning so have my fingers crossed she's not busy! If not, another weeend woul be fine I am sure. Or maybe a lunch out? Don't know if you've seen the thread - Nelson meetup - but a meetup on Rabbt Island on Sun 28th Oct is being planned, bbq, kick around on the beach etc, if you fancy it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.