Recce Advice

Old Feb 5th 2008, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

Kerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to all
Question Recce Advice

OK where to start........
My Husband is going out to NZ in April for a recce. He is hoping to arrange some interviews before he leaves, which I suspect may dictate his travel plans. However, as the place we settle will be dictated by where he finds work, we need some kind of itinerary, i.e. which cities and for how long.

I appreciate it's a huge question but I wonder whether anyone has any advice or experience, which may help in the planning.

thanks.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 10:27 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Recce Advice

Originally Posted by Kerrygold
OK where to start........
My Husband is going out to NZ in April for a recce. He is hoping to arrange some interviews before he leaves, which I suspect may dictate his travel plans. However, as the place we settle will be dictated by where he finds work, we need some kind of itinerary, i.e. which cities and for how long.

I appreciate it's a huge question but I wonder whether anyone has any advice or experience, which may help in the planning.

thanks.
I would think an idea of where his interviews might be or where you would like to be may narrow it down? Where has he applied thus far?
Old Feb 5th 2008, 10:51 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

OK gizza clue KG. What kind of work is he in?
Old Feb 5th 2008, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

Kerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to all

He's a Construction Site Manager, so we will need to live within commuting distance of a city. Not sure I fancy Auckland as we currently live close to London but Wellington or Christchurch both appeal - I know, different islands! He's in contact with Agencies in Wellington, Christchurch, Tauranga and Auckland. All give off good vibes - especially the ones in Christchurch and Wellington.

Problem is I fancy countryside, mountains, sheep and growing my own vegetables. He and my daughters fancy hot weather, beaches and access to city life.

Last edited by Kerrygold; Feb 5th 2008 at 11:06 am.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 11:14 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

He's a Construction Site Manager, so we will need to live within commuting distance of a city. Not sure I fancy Auckland as we currently live close to London but Wellington or Christchurch both appeal - I know, different islands! He's in contact with Agencies in Wellington, Christchurch, Tauranga and Auckland. All give off good vibes - especially the ones in Christchurch and Wellington.

Problem is I fancy countryside, mountains, sheep and growing my own vegetables. He and my daughters fancy hot weather, beaches and access to city life.
Woodend, Rangiora, Mandeville, Ohoka...nuff said.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 11:17 am
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute

vibes - especially the ones in Christchurch and Wellington.
Doesn't seem like a problem to me! ChCh will offer you city, country, mountains and sea all at the same time. The only thing to decide will be what comes first!!!