Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Reasons why you thought you would be able ....

Reasons why you thought you would be able ....

Old Aug 3rd 2011, 11:05 pm
Forum Regular

Debbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud of
Default Re: Reasons why you thought you would be able ....

I was amazed that I can buy Oxo cubes in PNS, actually imported from Britain ! Colmans mustard and Colmans mint sauce is there too. Not in the international aisle either. Sometimes the international aisle of a supermarket is a let down. Must make a special trip to NW though. Basically people still have their own tastes even though they've emigrated. Yeah, I understand Dusty's question. The answer is that there is a harsh reality to emigrating which is only understood by those who have done it.
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 11:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Debbi****
The answer is that there is a harsh reality to emigrating which is only understood by those who have done it.
Yes imagine how much better the whole world would be for Expats if Marks and Spencers were everywhere?
Old Aug 4th 2011, 12:39 am
Account Closed

Dustybin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by luvwelly
Yes imagine how much better the whole world would be for Expats if Marks and Spencers were everywhere?
I was just having a craving for nice v neck sweater, in lemon, now you mention it...
Old Aug 4th 2011, 5:29 am
Forum Regular

yorkylass is a jewel in the roughyorkylass is a jewel in the roughyorkylass is a jewel in the roughyorkylass is a jewel in the roughyorkylass is a jewel in the rough

The only thing I miss about England are Lockwoods frozen mushy peas .............................. Seen tinned Bachelors ones in the supermarket, but they're just not the same. Oh bring on the mushy peas
Old Aug 4th 2011, 9:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Clappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bananalana
Isnt there an English section in most New World supermarkets?

Ya know with things likeMcvities (sp) digestives and jaffa cakes (OMG so good, MIL sends those to us all the time, though hasnt since we got to Oz) etc
The New World in Albany has an "ethnic food" section - 1/3rd Asian, 1/3rd Saffa, 1/3rd Pom.
Old Aug 4th 2011, 6:35 pm
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yorkylass
The only thing I miss about England are Lockwoods frozen mushy peas .............................. Seen tinned Bachelors ones in the supermarket, but they're just not the same. Oh bring on the mushy peas
Oh yes. I was just sat reading the thread, thinking about missing nothing from the UK and you go and mention mushy peas!