Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Really unhappy in New Zealand

Really unhappy in New Zealand

Old Nov 12th 2008, 12:46 pm

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Really unhappy in New Zealand

I thought I'd start this as a counterweight to the 'Really happy in New Zealand' thread because it's important to have balance in life.

Back on topic, I'm not 'really unhappy' here but I'm leaving New Zealand next January and I'd be telling a lie if I said I'll miss it. It was ok....very damp and a bit in-bred, but there were some nice animals and things. A bigger and slightly crappier version of Scotland, truth be told. And far, far better than the cities of the North of England, which is the hidden message in so many posts on this forum.

ANYWAY, this is a thread for people who are unhappy in New Zealand. The 'happy' people have their thread and now the 'unhappy' people have one for themselves*. East is East and West is West and......breast is best??

(*For about 5 posts or so before the 'happy' posters storm on and derail it/have it closed!)

Last edited by Am Loolah; Nov 12th 2008 at 6:11 pm. Reason: Please do NOT attack individual posters in threads - thank you.
Old Nov 12th 2008, 1:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

iwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Really unhappy in New Zealand

ok ok...you're entitled to your opinion & I respect that!

However...I don't think the comments you made about Genesis is totally fair...after all...he is entitled to his opinion as much as you are!
Old Nov 12th 2008, 5:29 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Its Victor Meldrew
Old Nov 12th 2008, 5:43 pm

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

This thread is for people who are unhappy in New Zealand.

Could a moderator delete the above two posts?

Many thanks.
Old Nov 12th 2008, 5:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Avid;6965626]I thought I'd start this as a counterweight to the 'Really happy in New Zealand' thread because it's important to have balance in life.

(Having said that, I wonder what on earth could happen to Genesis to make him dislike this place....I half expect him to start a thread in a few months time along the lines of "Some Kiwis came to my house and killed all my family and stole my pants but, what the hell, it's only family and pants and isn't the scenery wonderful?') UNQUOTE

Your avatar says it all Avid. Good bye and good ridance. With comments like the above I am sure you have not only offended me but others too.

Finding humour in the killing of families? Add sick to 'twat' please.
Old Nov 12th 2008, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by Genesis
Your avatar says it all Avid. Good bye and good ridance. With comments like the above I am sure you have not only offended me but others too.

Finding humour in the killing of families? Add sick to 'twat' please.
No, the humour is in the fact that you live in the worst town in New Zealand and lost your life savings to a bunch of Kiwi crooks but you still keep going on and on about how wonderful it is.

And yet you can't let 'unhappy threads' exist without starting a fight....what's your problem?

For such a 'happy' person, you really are a miserable bully! Go back to your own thread and wallow in your happiness.

Last edited by Avid; Nov 12th 2008 at 6:08 pm.
Old Nov 12th 2008, 6:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

janek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Avid

Many thanks.
Well its a bit of a daft idea, that leaves people like me having to start my own thread and I can't be ar**d, you see I am neither happy nor unhappy because of this country, so I suppose I have to start my own thread, well this is the internet and if you believe [which I am sure you do] that everyone is entitled to an opinion you won't mind anyone posting on 'your' thread.
Old Nov 12th 2008, 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by janek
Well its a bit of a daft idea, that leaves people like me having to start my own thread and I can't be ar**d, you see I am neither happy nor unhappy because of this country, so I suppose I have to start my own thread, well this is the internet and if you believe [which I am sure you do] that everyone is entitled to an opinion you won't mind anyone posting on 'your' thread.

You have to start a 'neutral in NZ' thread.
Old Nov 12th 2008, 6:07 pm

No, the humour is in the fact that you live in the worst town in New Zealand and lost your life savings to a bunch of Kiwi crooks but you still keep going on and on about how wonderful it is.

And you can't let 'unhappy threads' exist without starting a fight.

For such a 'happy' person, you really are a bully! Go back to your own thread and wallow in your happiness.
Sorry but you was waiting for Genesis and us so called happy people to bite back wasn't you

and as you say we are entitled to our opinion...

go and throw some stones at the birds or something My God
Old Nov 12th 2008, 6:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

janek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to behold

And you can't let 'unhappy threads' exist without starting a fight.

For such a 'happy' person, you really are a bully!
Yes he did, but they weren't crooks because they were 'kiwis', they were crooks because they were crooks, with your logic all black men must be muggers!

In Nelson here a few months ago a man was convicted of robbing the inland revenue [ie tax payer] of hundreds of 1000's $, gst fraud they call it, he is in prison now, he is a British immigrant, but he didn't commit the crime because he was British, he did it because he was a crook......why is that so difficult for some people to understand?
Old Nov 12th 2008, 6:11 pm

And yet you can't let 'unhappy threads' exist without starting a fight....what's your problem?

For such a 'happy' person, you really are a miserable bully! Go back to your own thread and wallow in your happiness.
And Im so sorry it really gets you angry and annoyed that people are happy in New Zealand....

but Im happy anyway, and life's what you make it, and to short to be miserable all the bloody time

anyway that's me done ...
Old Nov 12th 2008, 6:11 pm

This is a thead for people who are unhappy in New Zealand.

Perhaps.....'happy in NZ' and 'unable to understand simple English' are somehow connected.
Old Nov 12th 2008, 6:12 pm

This is a thead for people who are unhappy in New Zealand.

Perhaps.....'happy in NZ' and 'unable to understand simple English' are somehow connected.
Awww Bless
Old Nov 12th 2008, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by janek
Yes he did, but they weren't crooks because they were 'kiwis', they were crooks because they were crooks, with your logic all black men must be muggers!
What?
Old Nov 12th 2008, 6:13 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Many thanks.
Avid, long time no see ...

You are well aware that people can post a response to what they wish and where they like, so long as they keep within the BE rules.

I would also add, however, it may be an idea for those happy here to stick to their thread and those unhappy here stick to theirs as then there would be no arguing just 2 threads with every poster on each one agreeing - would that be a first?! Yay, no fighting!!

Last edited by Am Loolah; Nov 12th 2008 at 6:16 pm. Reason: Just a thought.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.