Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Really stupid questions that we should know the answer to...

Really stupid questions that we should know the answer to...

Old Nov 29th 2008, 2:41 am
Banned

katieuk has much to be proud ofkatieuk has much to be proud ofkatieuk has much to be proud ofkatieuk has much to be proud ofkatieuk has much to be proud ofkatieuk has much to be proud ofkatieuk has much to be proud ofkatieuk has much to be proud ofkatieuk has much to be proud ofkatieuk has much to be proud ofkatieuk has much to be proud of
Default Really stupid questions that we should know the answer to...

What nuts grow underground?

I was stumped by that one - until I was told the answer. Then I felt really stupid.

So my thought is - what stupid questions should we all be able to answer? Throw 'em out there
Old Nov 29th 2008, 2:59 am
BE Forum Addict

DeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Really stupid questions that we should know the answer to...

Are you really clever when you can define 'stupidity'?
Old Nov 29th 2008, 4:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Norri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by katieuk

I was stumped by that one - until I was told the answer. Then I felt really stupid.

So my thought is - what stupid questions should we all be able to answer? Throw 'em out there
Are they terrorists?
or peanuts?

Last edited by Norri; Nov 29th 2008 at 5:48 am.
Old Nov 29th 2008, 5:05 am
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute

Did the man who invented the door knocker win a Nobel Prize
Old Nov 29th 2008, 5:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Norri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by katieuk

You know sadly I've thought some more about this, I'm not sure that the question was stupid. You just didn't know the answer.

My thought now is why would we want to know the answer to any stupid questions?
and, if we could all answer why would anyone bother to ask the question?
Old Nov 29th 2008, 5:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Circus-of-Power
Did the man who invented the door knocker win a Nobel Prize
Knock Knock who's there?
Old Nov 29th 2008, 2:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Dogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond repute

Why is there a sign that says 'Exit' ....why not just 'way out' ?
Old Nov 29th 2008, 2:40 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dogbyte
Why is there a sign that says 'Exit' ....why not just 'way out' ?
'Cause 'Way out" just confuses the hippies man!

Stupid questions I hear all the time.
"Where's my socks?" "Where's my keys?" I know the answers, but the kids and Dh don't seem to.
Old Nov 29th 2008, 2:46 pm
Dizzy Blonde

clarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond repute

My DH asked me what I thought was a really stupid question the other day, one that I thought he should have known the answer to:

DH - 'Do Tesco sell Eggplant sweetheart?'
Me - 'Eggplant? Eggplant? no, they sell eggs, but they don't come on plants dummy, they come from chickens'
DH - *laughs hysterically* Then shows me what Eggplant is on wiki.

Soooo.... Sometimes you may think someone is asking a stupid question, but most of the time in my case, the question is legit and I'm the one giving the stupid answer
Old Nov 29th 2008, 3:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

DeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond repute

BE needs a wiki for acronyms like OH, DH, etc. for the new people here... like me!
Old Nov 29th 2008, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

Hove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to all

Originally Posted by DeanUK2US
Are you really clever when you can define 'stupidity'?
You know in Germany peanuts are called Erde Nusse Strawberry erde beern?
potatoes erde apfle Erde meaning earth:.....................
Old Nov 29th 2008, 4:55 pm
Flaky Red-headed Goodness

SallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud of

I'm still trying to figure out which nuts grow underground
Old Nov 29th 2008, 4:57 pm
Dizzy Blonde

clarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond repute

Why aren't french fries and popcorn considered vegetables when they're just cooked potatoes and corn?
Old Nov 29th 2008, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

Hove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to all

Originally Posted by SallyCinnamon
I'm still trying to figure out which nuts grow underground
peanuts do spent time in Alabama
Old Nov 29th 2008, 5:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Hove
You know in Germany peanuts are called Erde Nusse Strawberry erde beern?
potatoes erde apfle Erde meaning earth:.....................
No I didn't. I can now put on my CV that I speak a bit of German.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.