Is it really that bad??

Old Jan 30th 2008, 6:26 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is it really that bad??

Originally Posted by lardyl

sweet as
a gooseberry
/runs for it/
I rather like gooseberry jam......but not as much as raspberry .
Old Jan 30th 2008, 9:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Elizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by daveandjue123
Hi

At the risk of starting off another slagging of NZ, we just don't get it. What all of us who are making plans to come to NZ want to know is "is life that bad" as some on here say it is.

We know everyone has a different outlook, but surely if you've done enough research and been and seen, are there that many surprise. and even if there are the odd 1 or 2, aren't there Compensations that out way them.

Please don't post with it's s**t, c**p and all that, but if you have genuine thoughts and experiences, all over here would love to hear them.
Dave & Jue

All I have to say is that I think this place is GREAT.

GREAT I tell ye. I turned up here 10 years ago with only a thousand bucks in my pocket and have since put myself through University, gained a degree, and built my own business (now in its 8th year).

Forget the naysayers, if you've got the guts to get out there and make something of life this place will give you a fair go! I can't imagine I would have ever gone to Uni back home let alone have my own company.

Life can be good here. Just come on down and get stuck in!
Old Jan 30th 2008, 9:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Elizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by NZBee
Have some nice NZ wine, go to one of our beautiful beaches, and breathe in the fresh air...be at one with nature...and chill out!!!!!!!!!!! Realise that there are A LOT worse places to be in the world than here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And how lucky we are in this beautiful country, for all its faults....it is gorgeous!!!!!!

Tell me about it! I found a beautiful secluded bay to sunbathe on the other day with the sun shining down and it was so breathtakingly beautiful I thought I died and went to heaven.

Then on Saturday I went to the harbour to check out some boats and ate calamari at a cafe overlooking the marina whilst watching peeps bringing in their catches from various fishing trips and getting their fish ready for the bbq, absolutely terrific! It was bliss! On days like that (which are many) I love this place, wouldn't wanna be anywhere else in the world!

Last edited by Elizabeth I; Jan 30th 2008 at 9:53 am.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 10:29 am
Just Joined

mitchuk has a brilliant futuremitchuk has a brilliant futuremitchuk has a brilliant futuremitchuk has a brilliant futuremitchuk has a brilliant futuremitchuk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Nerine
You should do well in NZ!

So just who is allowed to post anything 'negative' of NZ then? the people who live there or the people who've left it?

I have no problem with negative comments,it's a good thing for people to hear both sides both good and bad.
It just seems to me that some people ONLY come on this forum to post negative things and will run the place down at any opportunity.

My point is why do it ?
I'm sure if i was that unhappy somewhere I would leave.I wouldn't spend my time on a forum moaning.

Some people will never be happy or content no matter where they live.Maybe thats down to the individual being unable to grasp that they are not in Britain they are in another country with different people and cultures.

Then again some people are not happy unless they are complaining about something !!
Old Jan 30th 2008, 1:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Maz
No Gary, you don't scare me one iota. I just couldn't remember is all.
Oh ok, alls good then .. I like ya pic too.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 10:38 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Wessa
Yes, Christchurch... Why do you ask, do i scare you...
You scare me Wessa Livewire Come to Nelson. The weathers better.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 10:54 pm
Forum Regular

Location: always wishing i was somewhere else, getting there and wishing i was somewhere else again.
smiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BEVS here
You scare me Wessa Livewire Come to Nelson. The weathers better.
and the wages and house prices?
Old Jan 30th 2008, 11:01 pm
`

and the wages and house prices?
are manageable, just like everywhere in NZ.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 11:49 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down I'm sure if i was that unhappy somewhere I would leave......

Originally Posted by mitchuk
I have no problem with negative comments,it's a good thing for people to hear both sides both good and bad.
It just seems to me that some people ONLY come on this forum to post negative things and will run the place down at any opportunity.
.......Then again some people are not happy unless they are complaining about something !!
Its that record again.....jumped a couple of tracks but still the same old one.....
If you bothered to read more of the posts of more of the people that post "negatively" you'd find that almost all of them are/have been happy/content in one place or another and have/do post useful information in other threads.
There are very very few trolls who come on just to post negatively and they don't last long hereabouts and none of them have posted on this thread (IMHO of course).
Sorry but this attitude to "negative" posters is not new, adds little to the discussion and contiues to wind me up!
Old Jan 31st 2008, 12:27 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mitchuk

My point is why do it ?
I'm sure if i was that unhappy somewhere I would leave.I wouldn't spend my time on a forum moaning.

Some people will never be happy or content no matter where they live.Maybe thats down to the individual being unable to grasp that they are not in Britain they are in another country with different people and cultures.

Then again some people are not happy unless they are complaining about something !!
I think your reading must be rather selective at times and that you're also possibly suffering a sense of humour failure.

A lot of people like to hear balanced and varied views and this is one of the very few NZ immigration forums that has the confidence to allow that to happen, it's one of the reasons why it is so lively.

You want "happy clappy NZ is bliss" ? there are plenty other (more commercially sensitive) forums to choose from.

You may view posts differently after you've lived in NZ for a while, you may also realise that NZ will never resolve its issues unless they are talked about and dealt with head on. I've said before that migrants can be a powerful force for change.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 6:17 am

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm sure if i was that unhappy somewhere I would leave......

Originally Posted by lardyl
There are very very few trolls who come on just to post negatively and they don't last long hereabouts and none of them have posted on this thread (IMHO of course).

I disagree. This forum (and the entire website for that matter) has never had a single troll on it. The place is too heavily monitored for anything to happen.

The definition of 'troll' on sites such as this tends to be a negative person I don't agree with, which is not the same as real trolling.

Last edited by Avid; Jan 31st 2008 at 6:19 am.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 6:27 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Avid
I disagree. This forum (and the entire website for that matter) has never had a single troll on it. The place is too heavily monitored for anything to happen.

The definition of 'troll' on sites such as this tends to be a negative person I don't agree with, which is not the same as real trolling.
a good head?

Have you ever studied Criminology

Last edited by crap coffee; Jan 31st 2008 at 6:33 am.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 9:22 am
`

C'mon Avid/ That's not so very true. The definition is per Rule 4 & has bugger to do with whether one personally agrees with a post/ twenty plus posts or not.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 9:31 am
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nerine
....You may view posts differently after you've lived in NZ for a while, you may also realise that NZ will never resolve its issues unless they are talked about and dealt with head on. I've said before that migrants can be a powerful force for change.
Why should migrants force a change? Isn't the majority of the UK screaming out for their rights and that immigrants should be adapting to the UK way, instead of the Government implementing ways to accommodate and keep the immigrants happy? Like scrapping Christmas? Like forcing regions not to use pet names, like, well 'pet' 'duck' 'chuck', which is and has been their way for hundreds of years?

Surely migrants, having chosen to live and work in a.n.other country of their choice, should be learning the culture and ways of their adopted country and making the effort to fit in with that rather than seek to stomp around saying 'well this ain't right', and 'you could be doing that better, here let me show you how we do it' (thus implying the native way is stupid/inferior and the UK/European way is better/superior.

I don't agree that NZ needs to change to accommodate migrants. Just my opinion.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 9:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a troll!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.