Reload this Page >

Is it really that bad??

Is it really that bad??

Old Feb 1st 2008, 10:25 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Is it really that bad??

Originally Posted by Elizabeth I
Did you ever go to a Lions Tea Shop? Nigella Lawson's mother was the heiress of that huge company.

Apparently it was the Starbucks of its day but a tea company....I didn't even know there was such a thing until I saw that doco on Nigella "Who do you think you are" looking into her family tree recently screened on Sky, UKTV.
My Mother worked for a famous Lions Tea Shop in London. It was not a tea company it was a place like a cafe, similar to Forte.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 10:25 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Did you ever go to a Lions Tea Shop? Nigella Lawson's mother was the heiress of that huge company.

Apparently it was the Starbucks of its day but a tea company....I didn't even know there was such a thing until I saw that doco on Nigella "Who do you think you are" looking into her family tree recently screened on Sky, UKTV.
all I remember about her parents was Nigel wiping his bottom on the poor in about 1989.......a vivid cartoon sticks in my mind....
No dont know much about MrsL senior, although I bet she has very nice assets.......
Old Feb 1st 2008, 10:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Elizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by lardyl
all I remember about her parents was Nigel wiping his bottom on the poor in about 1989.......a vivid cartoon sticks in my mind....
No dont know much about MrsL senior, although I bet she has very nice assets.......
Oh yeah, old greasy haired Nigel Lawson. The only thing I remember about him is greasy hair. But I was stunned by the doco about Nigella's mother, though....
Old Feb 1st 2008, 10:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Elizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by BEVS here
My Mother worked for a famous Lions Tea Shop in London. It was not a tea company it was a place like a cafe, similar to Forte.
Ah, thanks for the correction. Wow, your mother worked at one? The history of that company looked really interesting.....
Old Feb 1st 2008, 10:29 am
`

Beg pardon. I always have to explain to kiwis where it is so automatically explain it to everyone else,.
eh? You are a kiwi
Old Feb 1st 2008, 10:31 am
`

Ah, thanks for the correction. Wow, your mother worked at one? The history of that company looked really interesting.....
Oh wow. I've drank tea several times in one. Nice to know we are part of history.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 10:32 am
BE Forum Addict

eh? You are a kiwi
Technically by birth, yes. But my Dad is British and I have spent most of my life in Britain.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 10:36 am
`

My Mother was Irish but I'm English in New Zealand. No fussing
Old Feb 1st 2008, 10:37 am
BE Forum Addict

My Mother was Irish but I'm English in New Zealand. No fussing
In Britain I felt kiwi, in NZ I feel British. No fuss, though.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 10:51 am
`

In Britain I felt kiwi, in NZ I feel British. No fuss, though.

Except about tea and jaffa cakes.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 10:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Except about tea and jaffa cakes.
Not even about them unless I'm on here.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 10:56 am
`

Old Feb 1st 2008, 10:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Maybe you should go to bed.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 7:09 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute

Very gorgeous.

I'm dying to get my hands on their Yorkshire Tea Loaf cake recipe so I can open my own special Tea Shop over here, cackle. I seriously considered that but kiwis are too into their "flat whites" and big monstrous bowls of "latte." lol

Oh for the joys of tea and dainty cut sandwiches and tea cake, we need a proper British Tea shop, dang it!.....sigh....
You can buy a book of Bettys Recipes - and all sorts of other goodies from their online shop http://www.bettysbypost.com - for the book click here http://www.bettysbypost.com/item.asp?itmid=1457

The book is only available to UK customers (according to the website) but Bettys are very accomodating and I'm sure they would post one out to you if you sent them a very nice letter!!...

p.s. forgot to say...Howdy folks...hope you are all fit and well...xx

p.p.s We have a Bettys about 15 minutes away from us...can I get anything for anyone??...

Last edited by Pinkie Pie; Feb 1st 2008 at 7:26 pm.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 9:36 pm
`

Maybe you should go to bed.
I did. The excitement all got too much for me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.