Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Is it really that bad??

Is it really that bad??

Old Feb 1st 2008, 9:11 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is it really that bad??

Originally Posted by Elizabeth I
I miss fish&chips with mushy peas and bread and butter with a good cup of tea. When I was back home on holiday I was guzzling cups of tea everywhere I went! Can't beat it! The Brits really know how to brew a proper cuppa!
What's your favourite cuppa?

Fortnum&Mason?
Ahmad?
Yorkshire?
Lancashire?
PG Tips?
Tetely?
Typhoo?
Twinings?
etc..........
Old Feb 1st 2008, 9:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Elizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by crap coffee
What's your favourite cuppa?

Fortnum&Mason?
Ahmad?
Yorkshire?
Lancashire?
PG Tips?
Teately?
Typhoo?
etc..........

Yorkshire!
Old Feb 1st 2008, 9:14 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Yorkshire!
ditto

I luuuuuuuuuuv Yorkshire Gold!
Old Feb 1st 2008, 9:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Elizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of light

ditto

I luuuuuuuuuuv Yorkshire Gold!
Me too!

I feel like we should sit down drink Yorkshire Gold and eat

Old Feb 1st 2008, 9:26 am
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

They sell Yorkshire tea and 'real' Jaffa cakes in our local lolly shop
Old Feb 1st 2008, 9:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Me too!

I feel like we should sit down drink Yorkshire Gold and eat

lol Where shall we sit (down)?
Old Feb 1st 2008, 9:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by TeamEmbo
They sell Yorkshire tea and 'real' Jaffa cakes in our local lolly shop

I have been able to purchase the beloved Yorkshire Tea from some UK food shop over in Browns Bay (which I think has since closed down). But tonight I just drove past a local orchard shop and wouldn't you know it, they had a sign outside chalked with "Jaffa Cakes"! There was something else on it but I only noticed the "Jaffa Cakes" because I was in here today chatting about them.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 9:34 am
BE Forum Addict

lol Where shall we sit (down)?
Um....let me think.... Betty's Tearoom in Harrogate!
Old Feb 1st 2008, 9:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Its a gorgeous place, isn't it?
Attached Thumbnails Is it really that bad??-bettys-tearoom-harrogate2.jpg   Is it really that bad??-bettys-tearoom-harrogate1.jpg  
Old Feb 1st 2008, 9:44 am
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nerine
Why should any potential immigrant choose NZ over any other country in the world?

I can sort of see your point here.

In comparison to the UK, NZ has advantages and disadvantages and I think personal experiences, luck, expectations, how it fares to one's 'old life' and personal choices/desires dictate how much people will enjoy it over other countries. And for how long.

I enjoy living in English speaking countries and could equally choose Singapore, the Caribbean & Canada to NZ. And some parts of Africa in my dreams, but probably not in reality.

How lucky we are to have this choice. What did our ancesters think about all day long? Trying to keep alive no doubt. We really are very lucky thesedays.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 9:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Its a gorgeous place, isn't it?

Very gorgeous.

I'm dying to get my hands on their Yorkshire Tea Loaf cake recipe so I can open my own special Tea Shop over here, cackle. I seriously considered that but kiwis are too into their "flat whites" and big monstrous bowls of "latte." lol

Oh for the joys of tea and dainty cut sandwiches and tea cake, we need a proper British Tea shop, dang it!.....sigh....
Old Feb 1st 2008, 10:02 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

or Ilkley - used to work over the road from there.....
you'd no doubt love the Taylors' place by the Minster, especially as they are responsible for Yorkshire Gold.
we only have the tea caddy from that great tea and even that is fading fast in the NZ sun
Old Feb 1st 2008, 10:14 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by crapcoffee
As for British Tea shop, Wellington isn't as terrible as Auckland, I would think. Luckily we can buy a big range of British tea in Welly which is good.

Good grief. What a load of all round crock.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 10:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lardyl
or Ilkley - used to work over the road from there.....
you'd no doubt love the Taylors' place by the Minster, especially as they are responsible for Yorkshire Gold.
we only have the tea caddy from that great tea and even that is fading fast in the NZ sun
Did you ever go to a Lions Tea Shop? Nigella Lawson's mother was the heiress of that huge company.

Apparently it was the Starbucks of its day but a tea company....I didn't even know there was such a thing until I saw that doco on Nigella "Who do you think you are" looking into her family tree recently screened on Sky, UKTV.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 10:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by BEVS here
Good grief. What a load of all round crock.
What do you mean by that?

I already deleted the message. Because it was a mistake

Last edited by crap coffee; Feb 1st 2008 at 10:24 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.