Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Is it really that bad??

Is it really that bad??

Old Feb 1st 2008, 4:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Elizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Is it really that bad??

Originally Posted by Campbells
Of course the Kiwis make better Cheese than the Swiss & better wine than the FRench, didn't you know that ?

They even make better Jaffa Cakes just ask any Kiwi, just make sure they understand that you mean a biscuit and not eating Aucklanders, not sure if that tradition is still practiced

Old Feb 1st 2008, 6:39 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Campbells
Of course the Kiwis make better Cheese than the Swiss & better wine than the FRench, didn't you know that ?
Very True...mate - good comments

I am not keen on European Cheese, either

French Wine Sucks

While I was living in UK I also missed Speights Old Dark, (Ozzie) Tasmanian Brie Cheese..........................! and Kiwi (None Greasy) Fish&Chips!

BUt I didn't miss cr*ppy Watties range one jot. I Just Can't Stand it. It (still) drives me absolutely crazy (inevitable situations) tried... but can't tolerate OZ/NZ Made processed foods -

ps. Home made Fish&Chips and cuppa with Scones
Attached Thumbnails Is it really that bad??-_40029845_creamtea203.jpg   Is it really that bad??-finishedfish1.jpg  

Last edited by crap coffee; Feb 1st 2008 at 8:10 am.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 8:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Elizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by crap coffee

I am not keen on European Cheese, either

French Wine Sucks

I think French wine sucks too! (however I think French cheese is orgasmic). But back to wine, my favourite red is Australian (Penfolds) and my favourite white is....dunno yet....a chardonnay I discovered at the cellar door at Omana Estate in Russell was pretty spectacular, tasted like pure nectar but you can't buy it in the shops and they only had a limited supply. I think NZ whites are pretty good but the Ozzie reds are better than NZ reds.

I also think the best cheese is Welsh! Man, I tasted some fantastic Welsh cheeses when I was back home on holiday, it was quite a revelation.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 8:25 am
BE Forum Addict

ps. Home made Fish&Chips and cuppa with Scones

I miss fish&chips with mushy peas and bread and butter with a good cup of tea. When I was back home on holiday I was guzzling cups of tea everywhere I went! Can't beat it! The Brits really know how to brew a proper cuppa!
Old Feb 1st 2008, 8:30 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elizabeth I
I also think the best cheese is Welsh! Man, I tasted some fantastic Welsh cheeses when I was back home on holiday, it was quite a revelation.
Man, I didn't know that. Maybe I will try some Welsh cheeses if I go back to the UK at some point

But I found British Brie Cheese too rich (for me)
Old Feb 1st 2008, 8:34 am
BE Forum Addict

I miss fish&chips with mushy peas and bread and butter with a good cup of tea. When I was back home on holiday I was guzzling cups of tea everywhere I went! Can't beat it! The Brits really know how to brew a proper cuppa!
Here (you are)

ps. Authentic British fish and chips
Attached Thumbnails Is it really that bad??-fish-chips.jpg  
Old Feb 1st 2008, 8:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Here (you are)

ps. Authentic British fish and chips
Yay! Cheers!
Old Feb 1st 2008, 8:40 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

There seems to be something missing from that pic.

Originally Posted by lizzyI
I was back home on holiday
where in England did you return to?
Old Feb 1st 2008, 8:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Man, I didn't know that. Maybe I will try some Welsh cheeses if I go back to the UK at some point

Please do treat yourself to some! I thought they were sensational. I went to a gorgeous picturesque place in North Wales by the name of Betws-y-Coed and they had this Welsh cheese shop and I sampled the most amazing artisan Welsh cheeses and nearly bought the whole shop out, lol.

I went to Cheddar too and tried the famous cheese but thought the Welsh was better. (shock horror)
Old Feb 1st 2008, 8:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by BEVS here
where in England did you return to?

To family in Chester (it's on the border with N.Wales). But I also stopped off in London (where I used to live) and visited the Costwolds and Somerset too.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 8:49 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

To family in Chester (it's on the border with N.Wales).
I know where it is. I'm British.

Where were you born?
Old Feb 1st 2008, 8:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Please do treat yourself to some! I thought they were sensational. I went to a gorgeous picturesque place in North Wales by the name of Betws-y-Coed and they had this Welsh cheese shop and I sampled the most amazing artisan Welsh cheeses and nearly bought the whole shop out, lol.

I went to Cheddar too and tried the famous cheese but thought the Welsh was better. (shock horror)
Sure. many thanks for the info. I've been planning to visit Cardiff for my next holiday anyway

I'll raise a glass to you

ps. Certainly the Ozzie reds are better than NZ reds.

Cheers
Old Feb 1st 2008, 8:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by BEVS here
I know where it is. I'm British.

Where were you born?

Beg pardon. I always have to explain to kiwis where it is so automatically explain it to everyone else, regardless, apologies.

I was born in Auckland, parents left when I was 6 months for Australia and then Chester. Raised in Melbourne and Chester, came to NZ because hubby wanted to come but glad I did.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 8:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Sure. many thanks for the info. I've been planning to visit Cardiff for my next holiday anyway

I'll raise a glass to you

Beautiful, thanks!
Old Feb 1st 2008, 8:56 am
BE Forum Addict

ps. Certainly the Ozzie reds are better than NZ reds.

Cheers
Yup.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.