Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

The real New Zealand picture thread

The real New Zealand picture thread

Old Apr 25th 2007, 11:02 am
Forum Regular

Burt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud of
Default Re: The real New Zealand picture thread

Originally Posted by Kippers
No, they probably think you're a patronizing prick.

You do seem to be rather up yourself.

A new arrival with all the answers to NZ's problems.

Kip
Kippers I see you have resorted to the Kywy standard abusive response......you have really intergrated with the locals. Well done!

Burt
Old Apr 25th 2007, 11:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Lexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond repute

Kip
you have got to be joking??? Who the h*ll are you to be telling someone that they are up themselves? and what does it matter how new arrival or not?Seriously get a grip.... read my previous post. NZ is not your mother or lover either so don't feel you need to defend it so much.

I think this had gone too far now. You have not right coming on and abusing someone for posting their opinion on a COUNTRY... that is right COUNTRY,.... not your family or friends. I hope the mods put a stop to the name calling.
Old Apr 25th 2007, 11:06 am

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Burt Badger;4694779]
Originally Posted by Genesis

?????????.......Strange eh? Whats this all about then? Going back to your days as a Police Officer?

Burt
Tell me about it....looks like the coppers and screws who wouldn't go on the 'payroll' back in the UK have come over here and think they own the place!

(insert smiley here)
Old Apr 25th 2007, 11:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Avid
I meant 'fun' as in 'share a joke'. But you can't have it both ways. You can't shout people down for being negative about things and then start posting the 'walk in his shoes' crap when the mood takes you.

By your logic you can only understand why some people are unhappy here when you have 'walked in their shoes'.

I've read your posts. You seem to be having a good time in Palmerston and you've been boasting about having a big house and a pool. Fine. Life is good for you but I don't understand why you are insisting that life has to be good for everybody else.

As I posted earlier the moaners and the happy people don't have to attack each other, but they can respect each other and not get involved. This thread started off as a joke about NZ but you felt that you had to wade into it and lecture other people. You should have stayed away. And, to be honest, if your life is really so great, why on earth are you on this thread in the first place?
I did not boast about my pool Badger asked me 'how could my quality of life could be so good in Palmy?' My pool amongst other things was the reply. I was asked a question and replied. I do not see it as a joke posting photos of rotting curtains and condensation with the legend ' Enjoy the dream ' that comes over to me as bitter. I am on this thread as I live in NZ and have an interest in those coming here. I help people who require help and offer assistance to those coming to my city. Is that okay with you?
Old Apr 25th 2007, 11:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Lexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Avid;4694804]
Originally Posted by Burt Badger

Tell me about it....looks like the coppers and screws who wouldn't go on the 'payroll' have come over here and think they own the place!

(insert smiley here)
looks like it but seriously calling you a prick is a step to far. I think the mods should give him a warning. He is clearly out of control of what he says on here. This is no place for that type of language.
Old Apr 25th 2007, 11:10 am

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

Kip

Sorry sir....where you born here?

How many days before people can criticise the country?

Looks like, from your posts, you've been here a few months longer than me.....but I might have been an 'expat' many more years than you.
Old Apr 25th 2007, 11:11 am

[QUOTE=Lexylou;4694816]
Originally Posted by Avid

looks like it but seriously calling you a prick is a step to far. I think the mods should give him a warning. He is clearly out of control of what he says on here. This is no place for that type of language.

Well...if I was on his 'floor'....I'd fall down the stairs tonight!

Sad little man.
Old Apr 25th 2007, 11:13 am

I did not boast about my pool Badger asked me 'how could my quality of life could be so good in Palmy?' My pool amongst other things was the reply. I was asked a question and replied. I do not see it as a joke posting photos of rotting curtains and condensation with the legend ' Enjoy the dream ' that comes over to me as bitter. I am on this thread as I live in NZ and have an interest in those coming here. I help people who require help and offer assistance to those coming to my city. Is that okay with you?

yeah, it's ok to help people and give assistance. I do the same (hard to believe)

But you ought to be smart enough to stay away from obvious threads that are 'letting off steam'....

And the photo wasn't really a 'joke'...more a reflection of how things can be.
Old Apr 25th 2007, 11:15 am

Kip

What's the problem 'kippers'.....I talk to non-whites,

Does that make you nervous?

I'm thinking......a) it's 11pm....so kipper has had a few too many.

b) all his posts are on the exchange rates thread....so he's lost all his money and is attacking me for it.

c) he didn't get the promotion to assistant warder....

Last edited by Avid; Apr 25th 2007 at 11:21 am.
Old Apr 25th 2007, 11:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

A classic thing people do here is the second anyone mentions anything neg about NZ they start throwing mud and saying how awful the UK is...

When in God's name have I slagged off the UK generally?? I slagged off the tiny, weeny bit I lived in. I happen to think that the UK is a great place with lots to offer. I just don't want to live there. I love Thailand and Greece too..but don't want to to live there either.

If you look at some of my previous posts I am very uptempo about many of the great things about Britain and how much I miss stuff from my old life. It just happens that life in the few square metres I occupy in NZ is better for me than those sqaure metres I occupied in Northampton.
Old Apr 25th 2007, 11:22 am
BE Forum Addict

A classic thing people do here is the second anyone mentions anything neg about NZ they start throwing mud and saying how awful the UK is...

When in God's name have I slagged off the UK generally?? I slagged off the tiny, weeny bit I lived in. I happen to think that the UK is a great place with lots to offer. I just don't want to live there. I love Thailand and Greece too..but don't want to to live there either.

If you look at some of my previous posts I am very uptempo about many of the great things about Britain and how much I miss stuff from my old life. It just happens that life in the few square metres I occupy in NZ is better for me than those sqaure metres I occupied in Northampton.
I don't believe in god so nothing in gods name for me but i did not say that YOU specifically, I said PEOPLE.
Old Apr 25th 2007, 11:27 am

It just happens that life in the few square metres I occupy in NZ is better for me than those sqaure metres I occupied in Northampton.
fair enough...same for most of us, probably.

There's the 'smileys' and there's the 'moaners' (and there's the 'kippers' the ones like the father in 'American Beauty') and we can all respect each other and live side by side.

fair enough?
Old Apr 25th 2007, 11:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Lexylou
I don't believe in god so nothing in gods name for me but i did not say that YOU specifically, I said PEOPLE.
Now Lexy, please calm down....'in God's name' is just an expression, I think you are taking too much of this way too literally. And perchance all a bit too seriously, aye? I shall rejoin the 'pub fight' after a good night's sleep. Night-night.
Old Apr 25th 2007, 11:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Thats good, I am pleased that you are happy with your few square metres. That is all one can ask for in life. I too am happy with my few square metres in Scotland, much more than I was in Christchurch. I always said though that if I had lived in Wellington (I Refuse to call it Welly) i would have been much more happy.
Old Apr 25th 2007, 11:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Now Lexy, please calm down....'in God's name' is just an expression, I think you are taking too much of this way too literally. And perchance all a bit too seriously, aye? I shall rejoin the 'pub fight' after a good night's sleep. Night-night.
I know that it is an expression.... I was joking..... ( I dont believe in god though)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.