Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

The real New Zealand picture thread

The real New Zealand picture thread

Old Apr 24th 2007, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

Burt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud of
Default The real New Zealand picture thread

Came across some photo's of the condensationon our single glazed windows (You don't need double glazing in NZ!) and a picture of a house we passed daily on the school run where the curtains were rotting from damp!

Enjoy the dream!

Burt
Attached Thumbnails The real New Zealand picture thread-leaving-nz-027.jpg   The real New Zealand picture thread-leaving-nz-058.jpg   The real New Zealand picture thread-leaving-nz-053.jpg  
Old Apr 24th 2007, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

Burt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud of
Default Re: The real New Zealand picture thread

.....A few more
Attached Thumbnails The real New Zealand picture thread-leaving-nz-026.jpg   The real New Zealand picture thread-leaving-nz-049.jpg   The real New Zealand picture thread-leaving-nz-055.jpg   The real New Zealand picture thread-leaving-nz-024.jpg   The real New Zealand picture thread-leaving-nz-059.jpg  

Old Apr 24th 2007, 9:09 am

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

The 3 words of NZ real estate...

ventilation, ventilation, ventilation
Old Apr 24th 2007, 9:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Lexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Burt Badger
.....A few more
we had the same.... I had lovely curtains made and they were ruined. I think that is the reason a lot of people don't bother with nice curtains in NZ. It was almost impossible to find them at all and maybe that is why!! But as you say, you don't need double glazing in NZ. It never rains and it is always sunny.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 9:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Lexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Avid

hahaha yes!! Maybe you should start a TV programme called that in NZ. I am sure it would do VERY well. I watch the UK version, Location, Location, Location!
Old Apr 24th 2007, 9:27 am

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

I think you have a poltergeist* in your house, burt, as somebody has written 'I hate NZ' on the last photo....

Looking at the view...am I right in thinking you live in Waipukurau?

(*'pulturgust' in NZ pronunciation)

Last edited by Avid; Apr 24th 2007 at 9:30 am.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 9:30 am
BE Forum Addict

I think you have a poltergeist* in your house, burt, as somebody has written 'I hate NZ' on the last photo....

(*'pulturgust' in NZ pronunciation)
That was my most favourite one. nearly died laughing! Good on you burt.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 9:31 am
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute

And there's me thinking it was 'nice sunny aspect'

Bert mate - time for a dehumidifier. My work mate just got one and says it's worked wonders. Makes the place feel warmer too, simply because it's not so damp.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by Wiz'n'Ton
And there's me thinking it was 'nice sunny aspect'

Actually it's "original settler's mansion" which translates into "really big shed".

I should know, I live in one.....
Old Apr 24th 2007, 9:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Actually it's "original settler's mansion" which translates into "really big shed".

I should know, I live in one.....
I lived in one in Chch..... god it was cold. Never felt warm again after living there. Still get a chill thinking about it. Am glad to be back in a lovely properly built victorian house where the stone is thick and keeps cool in summer and warm in winter. No more wooden sheds for me.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

Avid........I see that you are "Living the dream"....LOL

I have some more photo's somewhere.......

Burt
Old Apr 24th 2007, 9:41 am
BE Forum Addict

I have some more photo's somewhere.......

Burt

I lived the dream and then woke up thankfully......!!! I have some classic pictures of our house after the crash that I should load up. Might be worth a few comments...!!
Old Apr 24th 2007, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

Lexy

Ahhhh....so you are back in the land of the living where it rains every day, is always cold and dark etc etc etc.....

Its a pleasant 20C here in North Beds today.

Burt
Old Apr 24th 2007, 9:42 am

Well...I often have that dream where I am running but not actually moving....

So....yes, I am.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 9:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Lexy

Ahhhh....so you are back in the land of the living where it rains every day, is always cold and dark etc etc etc.....

Its a pleasant 20C here in North Beds today.

Burt
yes back to hell but I must be a real life devil as I am loving it! It is raining today but in my well built house with heating and curtains that are not rotting its fine and dandy! I am going out soon for a coffee (yes we have a cafe culture here too!) with some friends then I am off to M&S food court to find some yummy things to eat that wont destroy my bank account! I might even buy some good Kiwi wine that will be cheaper to buy here than it was when I was in NZ.

So how are you Burt? how is North Beds treating you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.