Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Real Estate Agents - Descriptions or lack of?

Real Estate Agents - Descriptions or lack of?

Old Aug 17th 2009, 8:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

MOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond repute
Default Real Estate Agents - Descriptions or lack of?

Does anyone know if any real estate agents' websites exist that show things that we take for granted in the UK such as floor plans, room sizes etc...?

We are struggling to find such info anywhere. Any ideas?
Old Aug 17th 2009, 9:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

janeyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Real Estate Agents - Descriptions or lack of?

have you tried open2view? plenty of pics not much in descriptions as people tend to wander round open homes
Old Aug 17th 2009, 9:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

MOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I've tried open2view, but you don't get room sizes or floor plans or even photos of all the rooms to get a proper idea of what the house is actually like.
Old Aug 17th 2009, 10:36 pm
Freak of nature

asiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud of

Try house builders rather than real estate agents.

or how about...http://www.viewitnow.co.nz/30322

Last edited by asiatic; Aug 17th 2009 at 10:39 pm.
Old Aug 18th 2009, 2:57 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MOSO
Does anyone know if any real estate agents' websites exist that show things that we take for granted in the UK such as floor plans, room sizes etc...?

We are struggling to find such info anywhere. Any ideas?
Hi - the reason there are no floor plans is that they have to be paid for - Open2View for instance charge between $200-$300 depending on the size of the house. That's in addition to the $200-$300 for photography! And the thousands for advertising! So you can see why people wouldn't necessarily go for the floor plans. I've been trying to push it for ages but ...
Old Aug 18th 2009, 4:16 am
Forum Regular

Markk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Batty
Hi - the reason there are no floor plans is that they have to be paid for - Open2View for instance charge between $200-$300 depending on the size of the house. That's in addition to the $200-$300 for photography! And the thousands for advertising! So you can see why people wouldn't necessarily go for the floor plans. I've been trying to push it for ages but ...
Well, I work for Open2view and I charge $400 for photos AND floor plan. Auckland is more expensive though.

I don't really understand why people would think that was expensive for a professional service? From my experience the agents/vendors often complain about the price even though it is the most cost effective bit of advertising they will pay for. Certainly it's chicken feed compared to the other advertising costs that the agency pays for up front. The problem, in my mind anyway, is that there is a conflict of interests between the agency and good value advertising. Most agencies would rather have their profile in the local paper or their own agency mag (and no doubt get paid for doing so) rather than give the vendor the best value.

I'm always on at agents to take the floor plan option as it will pay off with expat/overseas buyers. I might as well be talking to myself most of the time!