Ready, set, go?!

Old Jul 29th 2010, 10:26 pm
Forum Regular

Toon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to all
Default Ready, set, go?!

Start the clock, START THE BLOODY CLOCK!!!

Just had our conformation email today outlining our PR application, approved in principal, they just need a few odds n sods from us, all seems pretty straight forward - I hope! Parent's DOB's and a few more recent letters addressed to us (I'd been to busy trying to prove our long term relationship and I sent INZ things dating as far back as the "80's I forgot to post any current joint bills etc, etc) anyway, it's looking alreet.

Emailed the new boss and gave him the details, he said "Cool, when can you start?" and I said this Monday!

He said "Monday is good with us"!

On a serious note, I'm thinking first week in September, could it be done?

Our current situation as it stands;

Me, I'm self employed so I can give myself as much notice as I want/need, in fact to late, my alter ego has just read that I'm leaving and he's sacked me, I hate him!

Wor lass, only has to give one weeks notice.

House, has been on market only a few months, not a sniff. Estate agent claims they can rent it no problem - yeh, heard it all before!

Shipping, haven't even had a quote as I never really thought it would happen, even though it's been in the planning for what seems an eternity you just never think it'll happen to you.

Pets, read loads n loads on here over the past 3 years or so and I 'm a realist, I know I can't take my boyz with me and it's a killer. Two Beagles and there knocking on a bit, had them owa 10 years and I can't justify the thick end of £5k to ship them out when I know money is gonna be tight to start off with, especially if we're still paying a mortgage in the UK and not only that but who's gonna rent us a gaff with two dog's and a cat, no one. Please don't give me any grief owa this, I've been hard enough on myself trying to justify me decision. The cat, well, she's coming for one reason and one reason only, she's the wife's and I know it'll make her happy if her pussy is there to help her settle in.

Son, he's more than happy to use as a couple of guinea pigs and come owa once we are sorted and settled in, he'll move in with his Grandad till then .

So, it's over to the experts, is it realistically possible or shall I tell him he'll have to wait till Tuesday!
Old Jul 29th 2010, 10:37 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Ready, set, go?!

It can be done but it'll be tight. You'll be living outta your suitcases whilst your worldly goods are on the high seas, but you'll manage.

You need to get started with yer cat immediately though ,as there are tests and stuff that need to be done before moggy will be allowed to fly. From memory , I think there were two poo tests which needed to be 2 weeks apart , though Good luck with the poo . My TylerBaBaPuss wouldn't sh!t in the litter tray no matter what and had several days worth stored. In the end I had to leg it over two garden fences to catch me cat in the act and then scoop up the logs before it got buried & me neighbour beat me with a mop for stomping around in her flower bed.

Congrats
Old Jul 30th 2010, 5:26 am
Forum Regular

witty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nice

Course you can do it fella, get on with it and stop wasting time on here

I think "just" is the right word here!!

See ya soon!
Old Jul 30th 2010, 7:36 am
Stoke City fanatic

nelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond repute

Yea you can do it. We ended up leaving our cats in UK for few weeks whilst we were getting sorted and the mother-in-law had the lovely poo job Cats arrived just as we had moved into our first rental and timing was perfect. Was nice to meet the cats at the airport too. good luck
Old Jul 30th 2010, 8:12 am
BE Enthusiast

londonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by BEVS
It can be done but it'll be tight. You'll be living outta your suitcases whilst your worldly goods are on the high seas, but you'll manage.

You need to get started with yer cat immediately though ,as there are tests and stuff that need to be done before moggy will be allowed to fly. From memory , I think there were two poo tests which needed to be 2 weeks apart , though Good luck with the poo . My TylerBaBaPuss wouldn't sh!t in the litter tray no matter what and had several days worth stored. In the end I had to leg it over two garden fences to catch me cat in the act and then scoop up the logs before it got buried & me neighbour beat me with a mop for stomping around in her flower bed.

Congrats
that is love!
Old Jul 30th 2010, 8:16 am
BE Enthusiast

londonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Toon_Nut
Pets, read loads n loads on here over the past 3 years or so and I 'm a realist, I know I can't take my boyz with me and it's a killer. Two Beagles and there knocking on a bit, had them owa 10 years and I can't justify the thick end of £5k to ship them out when I know money is gonna be tight to start off with, especially if we're still paying a mortgage in the UK and not only that but who's gonna rent us a gaff with two dog's and a cat, no one. Please don't give me any grief owa this, I've been hard enough on myself trying to justify me decision. The cat, well, she's coming for one reason and one reason only, she's the wife's and I know it'll make her happy if her pussy is there to help her settle in.
So sad for you that's a horrid decision to make but sounds like the right one for your circumstances they'll get lots of love here in Blighty

And just go for it of course you guys can make the move, it will be so exciting good luck!