Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

ready for adventure

ready for adventure

Old Sep 11th 2006, 1:40 pm
Just Joined

ritapeter is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile ready for adventure

In january we hope to join our daughter, son in law and grandsons who are very, very happily settled north of the south island, we as very fit healthy [thank God] retirees would welcome advice on all aspects of living in NZ from other young at heart oldies,our particular worry is thecost of health insurance as unfairly in my opinion having paid into the UK NHS all our working lives it seems we have kiss all that good bye.Luckily we have no health problems so far and are looking forward to the great outdoor life and having time to sculpt ,paint and maybe take up dancing salsa!!! husband says salsa you must be joking!!! we,ll see
Old Sep 11th 2006, 6:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ready for adventure

Originally Posted by ritapeter
In january we hope to join our daughter, son in law and grandsons who are very, very happily settled north of the south island, we as very fit healthy [thank God] retirees would welcome advice on all aspects of living in NZ from other young at heart oldies,our particular worry is thecost of health insurance as unfairly in my opinion having paid into the UK NHS all our working lives it seems we have kiss all that good bye.Luckily we have no health problems so far and are looking forward to the great outdoor life and having time to sculpt ,paint and maybe take up dancing salsa!!! husband says salsa you must be joking!!! we,ll see
Good luck - I can't give you any advice but will watch your thread with interest as my parents hope to follow us out in the future (not sure what the OH thinks about it though!)
Donna
Old Sep 11th 2006, 11:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by danny.f
Good luck - I can't give you any advice but will watch your thread with interest as my parents hope to follow us out in the future (not sure what the OH thinks about it though!)
Donna

i too will watch this thread with interest as the in laws definatley want to come & i'm hoping my parents will to, but i know my mums concerned about her pension etc. Good luck
Old Sep 14th 2006, 8:43 am
BE Enthusiast

jueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by poppets
i too will watch this thread with interest as the in laws definatley want to come & i'm hoping my parents will to, but i know my mums concerned about her pension etc. Good luck
If you search on google for health insurence in nz, you should be able to find a site that you can type in what you want and they will give you a quick instant estimate of what its going to cost, from three different companies (sorry we used this to get ours but I can't seem to find it now!!!) I will ask my husband if he knows...

Also for life insurence www.lifedirect.co.nz also will compare companies for you to get a life insurence quote, (we found that it was too expensive to keep up payments on our UK one with the exchange rates/ bank charges.)