British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Read it and weep Jafa's (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/read-weep-jafas-798753/)

barnsleymat Jun 1st 2013 3:05 am

Read it and weep Jafa's

Best place to live in NZ is beautiful Dunedin.

We've gone from living in the bottom spot to living in the top spot and I agree with everything it says!

http://m.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/arti...ectid=10554372

nero Jun 1st 2013 3:36 am

Re: Read it and weep Jafa's

Originally Posted by barnsleymat (Post 10735159)
Best place to live in NZ is beautiful Dunedin.

We've gone from living in the bottom spot to living in the top spot and I agree with everything it says!

http://m.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/arti...ectid=10554372

Read - tick, weep - nope. Each to their own, love visiting Dunedin but I would not want to live there. Happy where I am - thanks though :)

scrubbedexpat094 Jun 1st 2013 6:36 am

Rather live in the Auckland region thanks & Rodney District scores well, so can't be all bad.

Snap Shot Jun 1st 2013 6:48 am

My sister in law lives in Dairy Flat - Auckland.

The survey you refer to regarding Dunedin dates from 2009, is there anything more recent ?

barnsleymat Jun 1st 2013 7:10 am

Originally Posted by Snap Shot (Post 10735281)
My sister in law lives in Dairy Flat - Auckland.

The survey you refer to regarding Dunedin dates from 2009, is there anything more recent ?

I'm not sure, I just spotted it on Facebook.

I'm sure in 2009 the average Jafa could afford a house, how bad must they feel now. I'm thinking about having a fund raiser called JafaAid where us down here in paradise will try and raise enough money to buy 100,000 dog kennels to house unhappy Aucklanders. It could solve the housing crisis, you know, the housing crisis they rarely mention on TV!!!!!

Snap Shot Jun 1st 2013 7:38 am

Might be down your way next February.

Fooferfish Jun 2nd 2013 8:33 am

Awesome , we love Dunedin to , diversity personified

gazmfc Jun 2nd 2013 9:06 am

Just spent a stunning day on the Hauraki Gulf, the sea was flat calm, the weather warm, blue sky's, dolphins, fantastic fishing and all on the 2nd day of winter! Just beautiful!! I love the diverse nature of NZ but I'm sorry, Auckland and Rodney in particular take some beating.

shocked kiwi Jun 3rd 2013 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by barnsleymat (Post 10735290)

I'm sure in 2009 the average Jafa could afford a house, how bad must they feel now. I'm thinking about having a fund raiser called JafaAid where us down here in paradise will try and raise enough money to buy 100,000 dog kennels to house unhappy Aucklanders. It could solve the housing crisis, you know, the housing crisis they rarely mention on TV!!!!!

Yes please , I would happily accept jafaAid - but my job is here so I have to rent a kennel or else pay $2000 a week for a real house. LOL

Tom1983 Jun 4th 2013 2:14 am

Take these surveys with a pinch of salt

One done in Britain recently said Sheffield was the happiest place to live at the moment

As someone with connections to the city, if moaning and whinging about the smallest thing in the world is something that makes a place happy, then I can easily understand why its a happy place to live

shocked kiwi Jun 4th 2013 2:30 am

Originally Posted by barnsleymat (Post 10735290)

And the jafas could do a fundraiser for those poor buggers down there in the cold to buy you some antarctica weather proof suits so you don't get hypothermia sitting in your house or walking down the street in winter.;)

Fooferfish Jun 4th 2013 8:18 am

My house is 21 deg right the way throughout , I would rather live down here with slightly cooler temps , than live in JAFA land with all that traffic pollution , traffic jams , to many people and over priced housing. :thumbdown:

BEVS Jun 4th 2013 8:41 am

Originally Posted by Fooferfish (Post 10739947)
My house is 21 deg right the way throughout , I would rather live down here with slightly cooler temps , than live in JAFA land with all that traffic pollution , traffic jams , to many people and over priced housing. :thumbdown:

I hadn't realised you'd been there .

scrubbedexpat094 Jun 4th 2013 9:11 pm

Is it me or does anyone else find this stuff plain puerile?????

It's like being back in the school playground. "My Dad's got a bigger,better car than yours." :yawn:

shocked kiwi Jun 4th 2013 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix (Post 10741044)
Is it me or does anyone else find this stuff plain puerile?????

It's like being back in the school playground. "My Dad's got a bigger,better car than yours." :yawn:

Well go on tell us what car does your dad drive?