Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

RE: Strange question ?

RE: Strange question ?

Old Feb 18th 2010, 7:44 pm
Buzzy Bee Mad

Beetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of light
Default RE: Strange question ?

Hi,

I know this is a strange question but how avilable are bathroom facilities across NZ?

I suffer with IBS and sometimes need to go pronto, so are facilities easily available - like in the US all petrol stations etc have facilities is it the same in NZ?

We arrive on Thursday and I am already worrying!

Cheers

Niki
Old Feb 18th 2010, 7:54 pm
Account Closed

Yotty is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Strange question ?

Might be a bit late now ..
Old Feb 18th 2010, 8:08 pm
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

All petrol stations I've come across (am in South Island) have toilets. When travelling towns have pubic facilities - smaller towns may not but may have a cafe you could call in at and most picnic areas we've come across have and when out tramping there's usually some kind of facilities in car parks so don't worry, sure you'll be ok.
Old Feb 18th 2010, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

Lee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud of

This is the sort of stuff I worry about! HOORAY, there is someone else like me When we were in NZ we did some long journeys and I had to stop at a garage in this tiny little town and they had a toilet to my suprise, I am a bit of a fuss pot (putting it lightly ) and its not where I would usually want to stop but, when you gotta go... you gotta go

erm, just incase you were wondering... it was only for a number 1
Old Feb 18th 2010, 9:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

I wasn,t wondering but thanks for sharing

Neil
Old Feb 18th 2010, 9:47 pm
Buzzy Bee Mad

Beetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for the replies

It just makes me feel better knowing that there is a loo available if needed.

It is the not knowing that makes me want to go. oh and traffic jams!

Glad to be of help Lee Lee

Cheers

Niki
Old Feb 18th 2010, 10:13 pm
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute

Most towns have public toilets and most petrol stations, also.

We toured the North Island in April last year, with 2 kids (so you can imagine what that's like!) and had no problems.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 3:09 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

NZ is brilliant for public loos - even deserted beaches in the middle of nowhere often have them and they are usually clean and well-stocked too. It is very unusual to have to pay to use a toilet here although it is expected at a few facilities.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 3:21 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

to OP --

you are so funny...

don't worry. loos pretty good here. - especially Welly.

I usually go to a hotel loo tho - most of the time whenever I'm around in town.. as I refuse to go to an ordinary dirty toilet...

My friend said... I am a bit weird...something. cos I always txt him from the hotel toilet.

hotel loos are the cleanist, nicest, and so on... and they don't charge you!!!!

Last edited by crap coffee; Feb 19th 2010 at 4:19 am.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 4:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute

I have the same problem but there is no need to worry like others have said. However its not the same in the UK I know where every McDonald is in every town we visit.

We once went to Southport paid on the car park on the beach front then I went to the loo there, also had to pay. They were absolutely disgusting but needs must and I was almost sick. I wrote a letter to Southport Council stating how had they got nerve to charge for the car park & the loo as they were in such a bad condition. You would not believe the reply I got, no apology they just told me I should have used the ones at the entrance to the pier.

They must have a joker in their offices because this would have taken us about 45 minutes to walk there.

June
Old Feb 19th 2010, 4:47 am
BE Enthusiast

kiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of light

And if you're on a long journey you'll always see a few blokes peeing on the side of the road, and their women somewhere in the distance behind a tree.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 4:54 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by kiwinow
..... and their women somewhere in the distance behind a tree.
Erk ! That's been me at times. Hovering between the ferns , hoping nothing bites me bum.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 6:17 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

You quite often see the public loos that look like giant fizzy drink tins in lay-bys on the main roads - can't comment on how clean they are tho as I haven't need to avail myself of their facilities
Old Feb 19th 2010, 9:16 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, NZ has some very interesting and architecturally designed toilets (Hunderwasser and Wanaka spring to mind as a couple). A friend of mine takes a photo at each one they visit and posts it on Facebook!!

You can do a google image search of public toilets in NZ - a real eye opener :-)

As for those 'tin cans', they do look funny.

There was a story recently about a tourist that got locked in a public automatic loo and had to call the fire brigade to get her out
Old Feb 19th 2010, 9:18 am
Account Closed

Yotty is an unknown quantity at this point

What is it with Wimmen and Loos ???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.