Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

RE: Proud to be Kiwi – a farce?

RE: Proud to be Kiwi – a farce?

Old Mar 23rd 2007, 8:52 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Proud to be Kiwi – a farce?

OOOoooops there they both are
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 9:03 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

Sky - Maybe you and Campbells are long lost twins.

Didn't you have rose tinted glasses once?
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 9:04 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

No I never did Southerner ....
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 9:07 am
sky
Banned

They maybe are growing on me now though
I'm fully enjoying NZ more than I ever did before and I'm meeting lots of lovely kiwis
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 9:32 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

Thats good to hear.
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 10:03 am
Account Closed

cherry will become famous soon enoughcherry will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by sky
That's just not nice and isn't even an option for lots of migrants!
.Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry
"DITTO" we feel the same as you do here ,this is our first move from the UK not multiple as some posters have done and I can say I am sure it was the best choice .You will always get someone moaning that it is not good enough for them ,well the answer is as we all know it begins with an "F" and ends with "OFF BACK" to where you came from

Thats not even meant to be nice its meant to be the truth and its a pity it does not apply or work in the UK .Dont emigrate then complain about your situation in a country you chose to live in.You have the right to leave if you dont like it as they say in OZ and a pity its not said here or in the UK with a meaning that should be understood and taken.
What do you mean by its not an option for migrants after all they/you chose to migrate ,you were not asked to .

Last edited by cherry; Mar 23rd 2007 at 10:06 am.
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 10:19 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

.Quote:
"DITTO" we feel the same as you do here ,this is our first move from the UK not multiple as some posters have done and I can say I am sure it was the best choice .You will always get someone moaning that it is not good enough for them ,well the answer is as we all know it begins with an "F" and ends with "OFF BACK" to where you came from

Thats not even meant to be nice its meant to be the truth and its a pity it does not apply or work in the UK .Dont emigrate then complain about your situation in a country you chose to live in.You have the right to leave if you dont like it as they say in OZ and a pity its not said here or in the UK with a meaning that should be understood and taken.
What do you mean by its not an option for migrants after all they/you chose to migrate ,you were not asked to .
Aha

Now I get it, we chose to come to NZ therefore have rescinded all rights to anything deemed negative about NZ otherwise just FO.

Mugabe policy that one and look where he has taken the country to.

BTW you may know that NZ has campaigns running in various countries all over the world “asking” people to consider moving to NZ as they have a major skills shortage.
For your info I came in on the long-term skills shortage – IT.

You make it sound like NZ was the only place we could go so just be happy with it.

Scary stuff here
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 11:05 am
Account Closed

cherry will become famous soon enoughcherry will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Campbells
Aha

Now I get it, we chose to come to NZ therefore have rescinded all rights to anything deemed negative about NZ otherwise just FO.

BTW you may know that NZ has campaigns running in various countries all over the world “asking” people to consider moving to NZ as they have a major skills shortage.

You make it sound like NZ was the only place we could go so just be happy with it.

Scary stuff here

Look at it in any way you like but if you choose to come to a country that needs your skills as we did then dont complain if you dont like it ,as I said you have the choice you were not forced to go there .You have not given up all rights to anything deemed negative but you should have researched the pros and cons first before winging about the place YOU CHOSE to emigrate to.Like I said if you dont like it then eff off back to your roots as I would if it did not work out .I never said that NZ was the only place you could go I said if you did not like your choice here then you know the rest.
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 11:22 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

.Look at it in any way you like but if you choose to come to a country that needs your skills as we did then dont complain if you dont like it ,.
I repeat - in situations people are being "invited". If I invite you for dinner and you happen to say you don't like our food, that's it - out with you. Good one.

Who said we don't like it ? My point is that there are problems here and there is room for improvement. Behaviour on this forum is one for a start.
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 12:05 pm
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute

Wind up merchant pure and simple. Loving your work soup man, Burt B has things to learn from you!

Respec'

Wiz
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 12:07 pm
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute

That was my 200th post, and what a way to spend it

Must be more careful.
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 8:24 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Wiz'n'Ton
That was my 200th post, and what a way to spend it

Must be more careful.
Respect - Aye wicked
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 9:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

lapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

I repeat - in situations people are being "invited". If I invite you for dinner and you happen to say you don't like our food, that's it - out with you. Good one.
If you invited me for dinner and I didn't like the food there's no way I would tell you that - that's called good manners. I would probably leave as soon as it were polite to do so, and find an excuse not to go back again, but I certainly wouldn't throw your hospitality back in your face by complaining about your hospitality.
See if you can now apply your own analogy to your current migratory situation
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 9:43 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by lapsed kiwi
If you invited me for dinner and I didn't like the food there's no way I would tell you that - that's called good manners. I would probably leave as soon as it were polite to do so, and find an excuse not to go back again, but I certainly wouldn't throw your hospitality back in your face by complaining about your hospitality.
See if you can now apply your own analogy to your current migratory situation
Hey mate, did you go to a Kiwi finishing school? As they say you can’t please everyone. I'm not one of those need to find an excuse people to be considered polite, I would just tell you straight and you would know that if your food was good it really is. Not just for the sake of a fuzzy feeling but from the heart.

Have a nice day, see ya later.
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 10:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond repute

Aha

Scary stuff here
Do NZers take a hard critical look at their country, the state it is in, how they present themselves to outsiders? Not very often, it seems. Oh, there are articles here and there, in magazines and such, but never to the extent or depth that other Westerners are used to in their public dialogue. The substandard newspapers do not provide an adequate forum.

I wonder if this deficit, this inability to take a long critical look at one's culture creates a state of deep complacency and inaction. Here is a country with an undeniable skills shortage and high emigration rate, low wages, high crime rate, high rates of child abuse and suicide, poor state of the environment, etc. Why do so many NZers leave? Why do so many come to fill the gap, only to leave themselves?
In countries outside NZ it is common to mull over, argue, discuss, write about the serious problems of modern life and culture, among individuals and in public dialogue. At least it gives hope that change is possible.
It is not common here. Too many people are in a state of denial. And I think that's scary.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.