Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Re-newing UK passport in NZ

Re-newing UK passport in NZ

Old Mar 20th 2011, 9:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re-newing UK passport in NZ

Hello sorry to post this, I'm sure its been covered seveal times, however I need to renew Robs passport and I know it has changed since I renewed mine a couple of years ago. Also I can not fine the search facility.

Any advice re the process and cost gratefully accepted.
How long will it take?

Cheers Gill
Old Mar 20th 2011, 6:53 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re-newing UK passport in NZ

Details are all on the Wellington British High Commission website, sorry dont have a link - but google will find it.
Old Mar 20th 2011, 8:19 pm

P18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond repute

I did a load of kids ones not long ago, you get the form from the website and then complete everything and take it down to the local post shop - they do a cursory check that you have everything and then post it off to high commission - from memory it didn't take long (2 weeks?)ish.
Old Mar 20th 2011, 9:32 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Renewing mine was as per P18PPS post.

May as well stick up the links for anyone else also looking in.

A linky

&

The Post Shop jobby.

When you go for your photos make sure they know it is for a UK passport. The UK passport photos are a different size to the NZ passport photos.

Old Mar 20th 2011, 9:35 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Please complete this check list before lodging your application at your local PostShop
When lodging an application at your local PostShop please confirm the following by ticking the box opposite:
Please present this sheet with your application

The completed application form is the current form

All relevant sections of the application form are complete
  • That an LSO1 form is attached, if the application is to replace a lost or stolen passport
  • All forms are completed in black or dark blue ink (forms completed in other colours will not be accepted)
  • Each page is initialled in the box provided
  • The applicant has signed within and not through the border lines of the signature box
  • 2 identical photos are provided that meet the UK passport photo requirements – one certified (not required for
  • a renewal application)
  • All application forms have been countersigned (unless applying for an adult renewal passport)
  • Supporting documents are original (e.g. full birth certificate, marriage certificate, UK passport)
  • Photocopied identification is supplied (from the parent / guardian if the application is for a C2 - Child), either 1
  • photo ID or 2 Proof of Address documents
Please note – all original documents will be securely returned to you by the British High Commission

Fees

Adult Passport (32 page standard size)*$334.00
Adult Passport (48 page jumbo size) *$392.00
Child Passport (under 16 years of age)*$232.00
Old Mar 21st 2011, 5:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the help guys.

Gill
Old Mar 21st 2011, 8:05 pm
Stoke City fanatic

nelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Renewing mine was as per P18PPS post.

May as well stick up the links for anyone else also looking in.

A linky

&

The Post Shop jobby.

When you go for your photos make sure they know it is for a UK passport. The UK passport photos are a different size to the NZ passport photos.
We also found UK much stricter over photos, the ones we used for our daughters kiwi passport were rejected for the UK passport (bit crazy when you consider she was 3 months old and doesn't look anything like that now anyway)