RE: Lightbulbs?

Old Nov 8th 2008, 6:53 am
Buzzy Bee Mad

Beetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of light
Smile RE: Lightbulbs?

Hi all,

Just a query really - are the majority of lightbulb fittings baynet or screw?

and can we use the low energy ones in NZ as I seem to be

accumulating lots of these (freebies)

cheers

Niki
Old Nov 8th 2008, 7:38 am
BE Forum Addict

lapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lightbulbs?

It depends on your house - most "hanging" fitting are bayonet, but recessed spots are all screw. I brought over lots of bayonet eco-bulbs then bought a house with exclusively screw fittings. Eco bulbs seem to be one of the quite few things that are cheaper here than in UK - I was going to stock up in B&Q during a recent visit to UK until I saw that they cost in £ there what we pay in $ at Bunnings here
Low-energy ones are encouraged here to the point that incandescent ones will be illegal sometime quite soon unless the election changes that policy
Old Nov 8th 2008, 8:57 am
Banned

M-Squared will become famous soon enough

Energy saving lightbulbs contain mercury AAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!
Old Nov 8th 2008, 9:10 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Beetrooper
Hi all,

Just a query really - are the majority of lightbulb fittings baynet or screw?

and can we use the low energy ones in NZ as I seem to be

accumulating lots of these (freebies)

cheers

Niki
Yes. You can use them here. We brought several over and very useful they have been too.
Old Nov 8th 2008, 9:42 am
Buzzy Bee Mad

Beetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of light

many thanks for the replies waste not want not as they say -

I will pack them then