Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

RE: Gang rape in Wellington

RE: Gang rape in Wellington

Old Mar 28th 2007, 2:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gang rape in Wellington

Originally Posted by Campbells
I thought you didn't want to hear the facts

The fact is the topic started about a gang rape right here in Wellington and you are rambling on about some stats in Siberia and Nigeria.

Don't understand what that has to do with the gang rape that took place ?

Must admit your slippery
Your right, this is an horrific crime and if you were to picture it being your wife, daughter, sister the anger would swell. Have they ever had the death penalty in NZ?
Old Mar 28th 2007, 2:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis
Experience - 12 1/2 yrs working for the Met Police, the last 2 as a criminal analyst.The real truth is that statistics are only as good as the information supplied.
yes well that was my point, how can someone state that NZ reports their crime more than the UK does...... its just speculation.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 2:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond repute

quote Maz { Just remember folks! Violent crime only ever happens in NZ!}

Really??? Who ever said that?

Last edited by Lexylou; Mar 28th 2007 at 2:24 pm.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 2:26 pm
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Gizzmo
agreed, my mistake.

However point still is comparing South Africa to New Zealand is daft.
That is your opinion right ? I have lived in both countries - you in neither.

You going to argue that and offer me another website link ? Or based on some more stats ? I can give you a PowerPoint on Jo’burg if you like, you got a strong stomach?

Tell you what mate, take a drive down into South Auckland any day or night of the week. Then tell me your point
Old Mar 28th 2007, 2:29 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lexylou
Really??? Who ever said that?
Please learn to use the "quote" function correctly. All you need to do is press the "QUOTE" button in the post you want to quote.

And my comment is because of the doom-and-gloom people (take a look in the mirror Lexy) who spend way too much time obsessing about how crime has the audacity to happen in NZ. Like we're all too thick to know it...
Old Mar 28th 2007, 2:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

yes well that was my point, how can someone state that NZ reports their crime more than the UK does...... its just speculation.
It's the million dollar question. You'll never prove one way or the other, as nobody knows how much crime goes un-reported. But you could say i have an informed opinion. But is it not save to say that it a country with a greater volume of crime, there must be a greater volume of unreported crime.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 2:34 pm
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Waz
Just remember folks! Violent crime only ever happens in NZ!

LINK
Well that’s one way of looking at it.

I guess your point makes gang rape acceptable, is that what you are saying ?

A bit like the person from the NZ tourist board that commented on the assault on the German tourist as stating figures and stats and blah blah blah whilst the people are saying is that your response, it’s okay because ………..

Scary
Old Mar 28th 2007, 2:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

thank you maz but I do know how to use the quote function and if you look at my message you will see it has been edited as I had posted a reply forgetting to add your quote in, so I quickly added it in. SOOORRRRY.
Ah, don't lose any sleep over it Maz, its really not that important, this is just a sharing of opinion and a bit of chat

oh and I am not obsessed. Bored at work maybe but not obsessed.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 2:36 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Well that’s one way of looking at it.

I guess your point makes gang rape acceptable, is that what you are saying ?

A bit like the person from the NZ tourist board that commented on the assault on the German tourist as stating figures and stats and blah blah blah whilst the people are saying is that your response, it’s okay because ………..

Scary
Not in the slightest. Kindly don't try to insinuate that's how I feel, either. Go and try and force your assumptions on someone else.

Oh, and please do tell me all about all the crime that happens in NZ as I'm too damn thick to read the online news for myself.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 2:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis
It's the million dollar question. You'll never prove one way or the other, as nobody knows how much crime goes un-reported. But you could say i have an informed opinion. But is it not save to say that it a country with a greater volume of crime, there must be a greater volume of unreported crime.
no and its not save to say that the country with the less reported crime has the higher volume of unreported crime.....
and yes you do have an informed opinion so thank for sharing that . The facts still remain the same, there is crime everywhere! even in my town, you should see what some people wear..... that is a real crime against fashion and decency.....
Old Mar 28th 2007, 2:39 pm
Fight for the republic.

Cava Fizz has a spectacular aura aboutCava Fizz has a spectacular aura aboutCava Fizz has a spectacular aura about

That is your opinion right ? I have lived in both countries - you in neither.

You going to argue that and offer me another website link ? Or based on some more stats ? I can give you a PowerPoint on Jo’burg if you like, you got a strong stomach?

Tell you what mate, take a drive down into South Auckland any day or night of the week. Then tell me your point
Maybe and we all know you know you are correct. BUT when making substanial claims on here do you not think it would be best to provide some sort of evidence to back them up.

So people can't accuse you of scare mongering

Some of the claims on this thread have been nothing short of racist (not by you mind). thats why facts are useful seperate the truthfrom slander.

Also I think your ego is telling you that I am commiting some sort of personal attack on you, where as I a not. However personal you make it about me.

Last edited by Cava Fizz; Mar 28th 2007 at 2:41 pm.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 2:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

I have not been racist.... other than to my own town folk and the clothes they wear....
Old Mar 28th 2007, 2:45 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Maz
Please learn to use the "quote" function correctly. All you need to do is press the "QUOTE" button in the post you want to quote.

And my comment is because of the doom-and-gloom people (take a look in the mirror Lexy) who spend way too much time obsessing about how crime has the audacity to happen in NZ. Like we're all too thick to know it...
Okay, so go and post on the tra la la happy NZ posts. You don’t have to have to post here, there are options.

What’s with the look in the mirror thing?

How are you getting your fact on NZ if you live in the States, from BE forum ?

What you want to discus Maz? I know the availability of British sausages in NZ that will really be a great topic of depth. Or the comparison of soap powders and chocolates to British one. How the NZ chip compares to the Brit chip
Old Mar 28th 2007, 2:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

no and its not save to say that the country with the less reported crime has the higher volume of unreported crime.....
and yes you do have an informed opinion so thank for sharing that . The facts still remain the same, there is crime everywhere! even in my town, you should see what some people wear..... that is a real crime against fashion and decency.....
Nope, you haven't quite got that, the country with the greater volume of crime i.e UK has the greater volume of unreported crime.
that the country with the less reported crime has the higher volume of unreported crime
is not what i said
Old Mar 28th 2007, 2:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Maz

ah see, I can do it, use the quote function. had a look in the mirror. It was quite pleasing. Thank you for that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.