Reload this Page >

RE: Gang rape in Wellington

RE: Gang rape in Wellington

Old Mar 28th 2007, 1:24 pm
Account Closed

eileen35 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Gang rape in Wellington

Originally Posted by Lexylou
I love glasgow. One of my most favourite cities in the world, after San Fran. Used to work on West George street......LOVE the shops, the bars, the people. Are you leaving to go to NZ?
hi there,
yeah we are hoping to get over in september.
Glasgow is a great city,though pretty nasty for knife crimes,fights etc.apart from that,
We are leaving due to Polish migrants ,working for next to nothing pay and making it very hard for my hubby to make a decent wage . hes in construction. so we want to see if we can make a go of it in n.z.
Got to try anyway,will regret not trying.
The shops are going to be hard to live without though
Old Mar 28th 2007, 1:34 pm
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Swizzle stick
Campbell I understand what you are saying regarding, the rot has to be stopped.

Do you not think comparing pre and post South Africa 1994 and New Zealand today is a bit ridiculous?
Not what I said. I thought you told your GF that you can multi-task?

I said 10 years post SA i.e. 1994 - 2004

Cheers
Old Mar 28th 2007, 1:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Campbells
Perhaps the truth is too painful? I actually don’t have all the answers but I do know that having lived in South Africa we went from living in relatively low crime to nearly a war zone in a space of 10 years. I am talking post 94.

This is how it all started, one or two here & there and then three or four and before you know it it’s into the hundred then thousands. It is like a rot that once it gets a grip it spreads rapidly. They say that if you drop a frog into a pot of cold water and turn up the heat slowly he’ll be happy to stay in there but if you drop the frog in hot water?

I can say that it is a lot less painful being alert of the increase in such crimes and I am glad that in NZ people do come out in action, like with the kiddie spanking thing going on.

I see lots of situations in business where you look at the Kiwi way and think, gee, this is jurrasic we moved on from this ten years ago but in NZ it is still popular practice. A lot of people are reluctant to change or perhaps fear it. I really don’t think the Kiwis are all that naive but are pretty complacent.

Did you see Once Were Warriors? Make’s Fintry look like an attractive place to move to!

Off topic: Do you do much travelling around Scotland with your job? Interesting your comments on Dundee. St Andrews is magic and I used to spend lots of time at Leuchars. One of my fav places was Tullybachart (Sp) and through the back roads to Perth. Dunkeld has a great vibe too. Ahh, a Forfar bridie – a real one.

Of course, a good plate of soup!

Cheers

Ah fintry..... now there is a place! Yes I did see Once were warriors. Shocking....makes tannadice and dens park after two home games look like a childrens nursery!!

No travelling in Scotland with my job, just trips down the the big smoke...... I dont mind London for the odd visit.

Dunkled is great..... one of the best places to live ever in my very very humble opinion.....What were you doing at Leuchars? not plane watching???? !!!! Dont you miss an arbroath smokie? I just love them. Oh and my local cafe has the BEST soup I have ever had. The other day it was parsnip and hazelnut. Stunning is the only word for it.

Old Mar 28th 2007, 1:38 pm
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by eileen35
hi there,
Glasgow is a great city,though pretty nasty for knife crimes,fights etc.apart from that,
We are leaving due to Polish migrants ,working for next to nothing pay and making it very hard for my hubby to make a decent wage . hes in construction. so we want to see if we can make a go of it in n.z.
The shops are going to be hard to live without though
So it's nae just a Glasga kiss ?

Where in NZ you heading ?

Lots of construction going on in Auckland. You got PR?

Cheers
Old Mar 28th 2007, 1:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=eileen35;4572574]hi there,
The shops are going to be hard to live without though[/QUOTE)

yes sadly every big city the world over has those problems. Shame really as Glasgow is such a great vibe.

What does hubby do in construction?

Where are you planning on going in NZ?

Good luck with the move
Old Mar 28th 2007, 1:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mickey_d
Truth be known, crime rates are actually higher in New Zealand than UK.
http://www.finfacts.com/biz10/worldstatistics.htm

Interesting eh!!!
Is it not more that New Zealand in one of the countries with the highest reported crime rates. http://www.mapsofworld.com/world-top...ime-rates.html

Being a little synical, in that with statistics you can prove anything, that in a country with a population less than a 10th of the UK, that a greater percentage of crimes are actually reported, because it is easier to report the crime and there might be greater expectation of a positive result.

Whereas in the UK a vast percentage of crimes go un reported.

Worth a thought...
Old Mar 28th 2007, 1:51 pm
Fight for the republic.

Cava Fizz has a spectacular aura aboutCava Fizz has a spectacular aura aboutCava Fizz has a spectacular aura about

Not what I said. I thought you told your GF that you can multi-task?

I said 10 years post SA i.e. 1994 - 2004

Cheers
agreed, my mistake.

However point still is comparing South Africa to New Zealand is daft.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 1:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis
Is it not more that New Zealand in one of the countries with the highest reported crime rates. http://www.mapsofworld.com/world-top...ime-rates.html

Being a little synical, in that with statistics you can prove anything, that in a country with a population less than a 10th of the UK, that a greater percentage of crimes are actually reported, because it is easier to report the crime and there might be greater expectation of a positive result.

Whereas in the UK a vast percentage of crimes go un reported.

Worth a thought...

Yes worth a thought.....you could well be right
I had a car dive into our dining room in christchurch and boy was it hard to get anything done. Sat in that station over the river from the strip for many an hour trying to get facts and get things reported.......

Where are your statistics showing that a VAST percentage of crimes go un reported in the UK and that most get reported in NZ? or is that just speculation?
Old Mar 28th 2007, 2:03 pm
Fight for the republic.

Cava Fizz has a spectacular aura aboutCava Fizz has a spectacular aura aboutCava Fizz has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Cava Fizz

If what you said is a fact would you mind providing a link?
Still waiting.

Let me provide a tropical link for ya.

2 counties greater manchester very multi cultural and urban. Cumbria very white and rural.

208. Whilst there is a lack of crime statistics relating to rural areas, a useful indicator is to compare crime figures between the urban metropolitan counties (e.g. Greater Manchester) with the more rural counties (e.g. Cumbria). This reveals that whilst there is a greater proportion of crimes committed in the urban areas, it is still a significant problem in rural areas:
Table 1.15 - Crime in the Region Cumbria Greater Manchester
Total crimes per 1,000 population 81.94 140.90
Violent crimes per 1,000 population 12.06 17.70
Burglary per 1,000 dwellings 11.26 43.20
table here comparing above crime figures http://www.defra.gov.uk/erdp/docs/nw...W131.htm#crime

so your statement
Little or no violent crime in the mainly white rural villages
is actually wrong.

But hey why let get facts get in the way, eh campbells
Old Mar 28th 2007, 2:03 pm
Banned

Dunkled is great..... one of the best places to live ever in my very very humble opinion.....What were you doing at Leuchars? not plane watching???? !!!! Dont you miss an arbroath smokie? I just love them. Oh and my local cafe has the BEST soup I have ever had. The other day it was parsnip and hazelnut. Stunning is the only word for it.

Have you lived in Dunkeld?

Yeah, I confess I have a wee fetish for planes.

The smokie, ahhhh. Sorry but it’s gotta be with a poached egg.

Gee, parsnip & hazelnut soup, there’s one. I had macadamia nut soup here in NZ which was awesome. Butternut soup. I’ m a sucker for good old broth with Arbroath roll. Gee, that just popped into my head. Fridge-raid coming on ……….

Do you remember Wallace’s tearoom in Dundee? The best bridies.

So if you went to Dundee Uni you will know a few of the pubs. We used to go most of the art college & Uni gigs on Fridays. Trying to remember the name of the bars, Frews and something else in Westport? We used to get the tickets there. Then up the Perth Road, the Taybridge, Mennies, The Grosvner , Laings ( live bands downstairs). The original Grouchos, the dude’s that started that played in a band Skeets Boliver (sp). Trying to remember the clubs, the one next to the Burgerhouse in the Nethergait.

Gee, lots of memories there. I have lost touch with my best mate from Dundee for three years now. Last saw him in 99.

Hey, look at the time 01:56 problem with laptops !

Cheers

Hey I like the Princess Lia look. I’m a bit of a Star Wars fan, hence checking out the x-wings @ Leuchars
Old Mar 28th 2007, 2:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Yes worth a thought.....you could well be right
I had a car dive into our dining room in christchurch and boy was it hard to get anything done. Sat in that station over the river from the strip for many an hour trying to get facts and get things reported.......

Where are your statistics showing that a VAST percentage of crimes go un reported in the UK and that most get reported in NZ? or is that just speculation?
Experience - 12 1/2 yrs working for the Met Police, the last 2 as a criminal analyst.The real truth is that statistics are only as good as the information supplied.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 2:08 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Hava Pizz
But hey why let get facts get in the way, eh campbells
I thought you didn't want to hear the facts

The fact is the topic started about a gang rape right here in Wellington and you are rambling on about some stats in Siberia and Nigeria.

Don't understand what that has to do with the gang rape that took place ?

Must admit your slippery
Old Mar 28th 2007, 2:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Have you lived in Dunkeld?

Yeah, I confess I have a wee fetish for planes.

The smokie, ahhhh. Sorry but it’s gotta be with a poached egg.

Gee, parsnip & hazelnut soup, there’s one. I had macadamia nut soup here in NZ which was awesome. Butternut soup. I’ m a sucker for good old broth with Arbroath roll. Gee, that just popped into my head. Fridge-raid coming on ……….

Do you remember Wallace’s tearoom in Dundee? The best bridies.

So if you went to Dundee Uni you will know a few of the pubs. We used to go most of the art college & Uni gigs on Fridays. Trying to remember the name of the bars, Frews and something else in Westport? We used to get the tickets there. Then up the Perth Road, the Taybridge, Mennies, The Grosvner , Laings ( live bands downstairs). The original Grouchos, the dude’s that started that played in a band Skeets Boliver (sp). Trying to remember the clubs, the one next to the Burgerhouse in the Nethergait.

Gee, lots of memories there. I have lost touch with my best mate from Dundee for three years now. Last saw him in 99.

Hey, look at the time 01:56 problem with laptops !

Cheers

Hey I like the Princess Lia look. I’m a bit of a Star Wars fan, hence checking out the x-wings @ Leuchars

Well the Globe on the corner just down from the UNI, then there was tally-ho (worked in there for a while) just up the road from it. The clubs.... (how old are you? they might be different in my time!) the coconut grove - down from the Globe and Tallyho - Coconut Grove burned down I believe. Fat Sams is the club that we went to all the time. I have a shocking memory. Drank way too much in those days so dont really remember a lot of the places I went to! Did go to Laings a lot though. Liked it there. I dont remember the tea room, sorry.... dont think I was drinking tea in those days. Cider yes. Tea no.

Old Mar 28th 2007, 2:15 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis
Experience - 12 1/2 yrs working for the Met Police, the last 2 as a criminal analyst.The real truth is that statistics are only as good as the information supplied.
I thought it was the politicians that used them to tell us idiots what a grand job we are doing. And of course they usually paint a great picture when “compared to”.

I’m not interested if only two murders happened in Iceland I live in New Zealand.

Tell me, who is going to prove the stats wrong? Stats are just a spin doctor’s tool.

What good are stats in Zimbabwe ? The people want food .

Sorry, am I ranting ?

Good point there Simon….
Old Mar 28th 2007, 2:15 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Just remember folks! Violent crime only ever happens in NZ!

LINK

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.