Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

RE: Gang rape in Wellington

RE: Gang rape in Wellington

Old Mar 28th 2007, 12:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gang rape in Wellington

Originally Posted by Campbells
My point is that I believe it is not totally honest to be projecting this fuzzy & warm NZ to people who are actually considering moving here. I was under the impression that is the core purpose of this site.

I am constantly amazed at the amount of denial I get and the abusive nature of attacks received when anyone one posts anything deemed negative about NZ. My point is why is the UK in such a sad state now?

I think it is healthy to have these truths be known, you know - freedom of speech. I believe I have that right in NZ and this forum is where we can offer our opinions (note the plural).

I don’t think these kind of news articles will make it to the UK press and it seems that many of the BE members don’t want to read this kind of news. Can you explain that?

Cheers.
Truth be known, crime rates are actually higher in New Zealand than UK.
http://www.finfacts.com/biz10/worldstatistics.htm

Interesting eh!!!
Old Mar 28th 2007, 12:14 pm
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sausage sizzle
Then when I get the answers I can make own mind up, about if in NZ I will need to be worried about getting raped if i am in auckland or nelson or anywhere in NZ.
Mate, it all depends on where you hang out

PS: a sausage sizzle is a positive thing NZ has.

The topic is harsh mate and I have my wicked SOH and glad you can recognise that.

I believe you will enjoy NZ

What was the question again ?

Last edited by Campbells; Mar 28th 2007 at 12:42 pm.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 12:22 pm
Fight for the republic.

Cava Fizz has a spectacular aura aboutCava Fizz has a spectacular aura aboutCava Fizz has a spectacular aura about

enough is enough.

This has already wasted too much of my day.

Worst of all however it spoilt PMQ
Old Mar 28th 2007, 12:34 pm
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Cava Whizz

Worst of all however it spoilt PMQ
You at work? Tut tut. What kind of Pizza got spoilt ?
Attached Thumbnails RE: Gang rape in Wellington-pmq.jpg  
Old Mar 28th 2007, 12:39 pm
Fight for the republic.

Cava Fizz has a spectacular aura aboutCava Fizz has a spectacular aura aboutCava Fizz has a spectacular aura about

Work on a Wednesday! i think not.

http://www.pm.gov.uk/output/Page306.asp

Which part of the globe are you located at?
Old Mar 28th 2007, 12:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond repute

I am not sure I understand why posting gang rape in wellington is not allowed. ..... can someone explain to me? its no different than 'crashed my car' if people are sensitive about crashes or rape (am afraid both just sad facts of life) then they should not read them. By not posting them doesnt mean that they wont happen.... am confused. Campbells..... help!
Old Mar 28th 2007, 12:47 pm
Account Closed

eileen35 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pixi-dust
Bad things do happen.
I've posted about this before, when the dutch couple were abducted not that long ago. I live very near where that happened.
What I feel is different here compared to elsewhere ( or where I used to live anyway) is the utter horror, shock and outrage that caused. It wasn't looked on as "just another bad thing, they happen all the time..."

It was so shocking - because it doesn't happen all the time - at all.

I'm just wondering why you are making such a point of posting this? ( Honest question) I don't think anyone is saying they don't believe these things happen, we can all read the papers.
But for me I still feel safe here. ( that being said I felt perfectly safe in the east end of Glasgow too, cos I'm well hard - not actually)
pixie whereabouts in the east end?
im in carntyne
Old Mar 28th 2007, 12:48 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Gee Whizz
Work on a Wednesday! i think not.

http://www.pm.gov.uk/output/Page306.asp

Which part of the globe are you located at?
Sorry to burst yer bubble mate, the same part your coming to stay - JAFA town.

PS: Jaffa is not a Kiwi biscuit

PPS: Good news -Kiwiland is VERY laid back - bad news: THey work Wednesdays

Cheers ..
Old Mar 28th 2007, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

justinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to all

"past a group of Polynesian men "

Same in many areas of the UK. Little or no violent crime in the mainly white rural villages - lots in the inner cities with a very high percentage commited by black and Asian gangs.

I know it's not PC to mention this sort of thing but facts is facts.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 12:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eileen35
im in carntyne
I love glasgow. One of my most favourite cities in the world, after San Fran. Used to work on West George street......LOVE the shops, the bars, the people. Are you leaving to go to NZ?
Old Mar 28th 2007, 12:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mickey_d
Truth be known, crime rates are actually higher in New Zealand than UK.
http://www.finfacts.com/biz10/worldstatistics.htm

Interesting eh!!!
wow... amazing. was quite surprised at that.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 1:16 pm
Fight for the republic.

Originally Posted by justinthyme
"past a group of Polynesian men "

Same in many areas of the UK. Little or no violent crime in the mainly white rural villages - lots in the inner cities with a very high percentage commited by black and Asian gangs.

I know it's not PC to mention this sort of thing but facts is facts.
I hadn't noticed that in the UK. I had noticed that some of the poorest areas around me (south manchester) are populated by black people as well as poles and other Easter Europeans, Indians, Pakistanis, Bangladeshis etc.

If what you said is a fact would you mind providing a link?
Old Mar 28th 2007, 1:17 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Lexylou
I am not sure I understand why posting gang rape in wellington is not allowed. ..... can someone explain to me? its no different than 'crashed my car' if people are sensitive about crashes or rape (am afraid both just sad facts of life) then they should not read them. By not posting them doesnt mean that they wont happen.... am confused. Campbells..... help!
Perhaps the truth is too painful? I actually don’t have all the answers but I do know that having lived in South Africa we went from living in relatively low crime to nearly a war zone in a space of 10 years. I am talking post 94.

This is how it all started, one or two here & there and then three or four and before you know it it’s into the hundred then thousands. It is like a rot that once it gets a grip it spreads rapidly. They say that if you drop a frog into a pot of cold water and turn up the heat slowly he’ll be happy to stay in there but if you drop the frog in hot water?

I can say that it is a lot less painful being alert of the increase in such crimes and I am glad that in NZ people do come out in action, like with the kiddie spanking thing going on.

I see lots of situations in business where you look at the Kiwi way and think, gee, this is jurrasic we moved on from this ten years ago but in NZ it is still popular practice. A lot of people are reluctant to change or perhaps fear it. I really don’t think the Kiwis are all that naive but are pretty complacent.

Did you see Once Were Warriors? Make’s Fintry look like an attractive place to move to!

Off topic: Do you do much travelling around Scotland with your job? Interesting your comments on Dundee. St Andrews is magic and I used to spend lots of time at Leuchars. One of my fav places was Tullybachart (Sp) and through the back roads to Perth. Dunkeld has a great vibe too. Ahh, a Forfar bridie – a real one.

Of course, a good plate of soup!

Cheers
Old Mar 28th 2007, 1:17 pm
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eileen35
im in carntyne
Dennistoun!! ( my best friend is still there)

When my car got nicked ( for the third time!) they blew it up in Carntyne! I pretty much love the whole of Scotland - good and bad!
Old Mar 28th 2007, 1:22 pm
Fight for the republic.

Campbell I understand what you are saying regarding, the rot has to be stopped.

Do you not think comparing pre and post South Africa 1994 and New Zealand today is a bit ridiculous?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.