Ranuai

Old Dec 1st 2005, 11:02 pm
Just Joined

i00an is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ranuai

Hi

I have just accepted a job offer in the Ranuai area of Auckland, starting in early February and would appreciate if anyone has any suggestions of nice and affordable areas to live that are within easy commuting distance to the ranuai area and the centre of Auckland.

I was over in Auckland in June but unfortunately did not spend too much time in this area. Any comments / suggestions would be appreciated.

Ian
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 12:58 am
Forum Regular

xpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nice
Default Re: Ranuai

Hi Ian - did you mean Ranui, West Auckland ?
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 7:04 am
Just Joined

Hi xpat19

Yes Ranui, West Auckland. sorry I don't know where that additional 'a' came from

thanks
Old Dec 5th 2005, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

xpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nice

There are a lot of nice places to live near Ranui although you probably wouldn't want to live in Ranui its self as it's considered one of the rougher areas.... it's not that bad tho and has a very strong community sprirt.

It has a train station so is very easy to commute to if you don't want to drive.
Is around 5 - 10 minutes from the motorway (and outside of rush hour traffic is a 15 minute drive to the city ) and close to 2 large malls, cinemas and a wave pool complex.
We live in Swanson which is near by, semi rural and close to the West coast beaches. There's a lot of choice in this area, and really depends what you're looking for.
Do you want beach, rural or city living ?
Old Dec 5th 2005, 11:16 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by xpat19
There are a lot of nice places to live near Ranui although you probably wouldn't want to live in Ranui its self as it's considered one of the rougher areas.... it's not that bad tho and has a very strong community sprirt.

It has a train station so is very easy to commute to if you don't want to drive.
Is around 5 - 10 minutes from the motorway (and outside of rush hour traffic is a 15 minute drive to the city ) and close to 2 large malls, cinemas and a wave pool complex.
We live in Swanson which is near by, semi rural and close to the West coast beaches. There's a lot of choice in this area, and really depends what you're looking for.
Do you want beach, rural or city living ?

We would be looking for somewhere semi rural, definitely not city living, however would like to be able to commute to the city easily if required.

Is there a good selection of rental properties within this area? (Swanson, Massy?, Te Atatu) as we will have to rent first when we arrive.

Ian
Old Dec 6th 2005, 4:38 am
Forum Regular

Hi. there seems to be a good choice of rental about. Try the rental section on www.trademe.co.nz to give you an idea.

Massey and Te atatu are both considered up and coming areas, and you could also consider parts of Henderson & Kumeu for semi rural.
Just out of interest, what type of job have you been offered in Ranui ?
Feel free to PM if you have any more questins on the area.