Rant thread

Old Jul 13th 2011, 2:57 am
Forum Regular

seansueplustwo is just really niceseansueplustwo is just really niceseansueplustwo is just really niceseansueplustwo is just really niceseansueplustwo is just really niceseansueplustwo is just really niceseansueplustwo is just really niceseansueplustwo is just really niceseansueplustwo is just really niceseansueplustwo is just really niceseansueplustwo is just really nice
Default Re: Rant thread

Maybe we should start a "Rate the Remover" thread so we can get a bit of a poll going?
Old Jul 13th 2011, 5:20 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by seansueplustwo
Maybe we should start a "Rate the Remover" thread so we can get a bit of a poll going?
It's not a poll but

Please see here
Old Jul 15th 2011, 6:20 pm
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute

So we went to renew OH's passport yesterday and to the bank, we left at 8am and got home at 7pm The traffic was horrendous! Seriously can't wait to leave, this way of life is not fit for human consumption!!

We didn't even get to renew the passport, we were told to come back in 7-10 days, submit the forms then wait another 3 days.
Old Jul 18th 2011, 1:54 pm
Just Joined

seeingISbelieving is a jewel in the roughseeingISbelieving is a jewel in the roughseeingISbelieving is a jewel in the roughseeingISbelieving is a jewel in the roughseeingISbelieving is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: My rant . . . I will never catch a goddam bus again

I confess . . . I am never, never going to get a bus anywhere again. If I have to hitch-hike, get taxi's, or damn well walk - then that's what I will do. Years of fear, dread, humiliation, and sheer misery is about to come to an end . . . and I'm never catching a bus anywhere again - and I mean anywhere - for as long as I live.

Yesterday was the final straw when the college drip who sat next to me, slurping from one of those polystyrene cups of coffee, decided to 'accidentally' spill half of the scalding contents into my lap . . ruining my latest novel in the process. He didn't make eye contact, and mumbled a neanderthal sounding grunt which may have been 'sorry' in hyper laid-back student talk. At that precise moment a horrid spliffy, jointy, weedy aroma wafted my way. The guy was spaced out on dope, totally.

I've had numerous previous journeys where I've felt a pair of eyes burning into the side of my face. Then there's the enormous fat woman with an allergy to soap who wedged me into the back of the bus for the entire hour's journey, and it was all I could do to stop myself heaving over her as her 250-pound armpit kept brushing my chin. Had she never heard of palmolive . . . or odour eaters for that matter.

Oh yes, over the years I've smelled a variety of other, equally undesirable scents that other passengers had coated themselves in - including urine, cigar smoke, booze-breath, dog crap, copious amounts of dubious pound shop fragrances - sometimes individually, occasionally all at once. Do you KNOW how many people are drunk when they get on the bus. I would say 15% of the passengers are intoxicated, and they smell like it. And most of them sit next to me.

Besides drunks, I have had the honour of sitting next to bitchy little teenage gay guys who mince about and squeal loudly into their mobile phones, old ladies with whooping cough, girls who can be no older than 12, dressed like complete mini-whores, who put their trainer-clad feet up on the back of the seat in front of them. Plus children whose faces are completely obscured by snot, young white men who think they are young black men using ghetto talk, screaming babies, wet umbrellas shook over me, and a hundred and one other pains in the butt.

No, I'm never getting the goddam bus again . . as long as I live.

Rant over

Last edited by seeingISbelieving; Jul 18th 2011 at 1:57 pm.
Old Jul 18th 2011, 7:21 pm
Account Closed

Dustybin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: My rant . . . I will never catch a goddam bus again

Originally Posted by seeingISbelieving
I confess . . . I am never, never going to get a bus anywhere again. If I have to hitch-hike, get taxi's, or damn well walk - then that's what I will do. Years of fear, dread, humiliation, and sheer misery is about to come to an end . . . and I'm never catching a bus anywhere again - and I mean anywhere - for as long as I live.

Yesterday was the final straw when the college drip who sat next to me, slurping from one of those polystyrene cups of coffee, decided to 'accidentally' spill half of the scalding contents into my lap . . ruining my latest novel in the process. He didn't make eye contact, and mumbled a neanderthal sounding grunt which may have been 'sorry' in hyper laid-back student talk. At that precise moment a horrid spliffy, jointy, weedy aroma wafted my way. The guy was spaced out on dope, totally.

I've had numerous previous journeys where I've felt a pair of eyes burning into the side of my face. Then there's the enormous fat woman with an allergy to soap who wedged me into the back of the bus for the entire hour's journey, and it was all I could do to stop myself heaving over her as her 250-pound armpit kept brushing my chin. Had she never heard of palmolive . . . or odour eaters for that matter.

Oh yes, over the years I've smelled a variety of other, equally undesirable scents that other passengers had coated themselves in - including urine, cigar smoke, booze-breath, dog crap, copious amounts of dubious pound shop fragrances - sometimes individually, occasionally all at once. Do you KNOW how many people are drunk when they get on the bus. I would say 15% of the passengers are intoxicated, and they smell like it. And most of them sit next to me.

Besides drunks, I have had the honour of sitting next to bitchy little teenage gay guys who mince about and squeal loudly into their mobile phones, old ladies with whooping cough, girls who can be no older than 12, dressed like complete mini-whores, who put their trainer-clad feet up on the back of the seat in front of them. Plus children whose faces are completely obscured by snot, young white men who think they are young black men using ghetto talk, screaming babies, wet umbrellas shook over me, and a hundred and one other pains in the butt.

No, I'm never getting the goddam bus again . . as long as I live.

Rant over
You moving overe here?? You'll fit right in
Old Jul 18th 2011, 11:37 pm
Forum Regular

Debbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud of

I've already commented on my experience of riding the buses in Christchurch. A very good bus service but the other passengers will be similar to what you've already experienced. The other passengers will probably remember, 'Mr & Mrs sour-face looking displaced without a car' as that was my husband and I !
Old Jul 19th 2011, 8:38 am
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Debbi****
I've already commented on my experience of riding the buses in Christchurch. A very good bus service but the other passengers will be similar to what you've already experienced. The other passengers will probably remember, 'Mr & Mrs sour-face looking displaced without a car' as that was my husband and I !

Seriously though, is it that bad there??
Old Jul 20th 2011, 4:09 am
bga
Forum Regular

bga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Kija

Seriously though, is it that bad there??
No its absolutely not, I don't recognise the place that is described in some sections of this forum, please don't believe most of the crap on some of the threads on here, the term whinging poms doesn't come close, seriously!

Last edited by bga; Jul 20th 2011 at 4:16 am.
Old Jul 20th 2011, 4:35 am
Forum Regular

Debbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud of

Kija. No I don't think it's that bad ! Just the guy that whistles on the bus complete with tremble at the end of the note. Kids with their mobile phone radios at full volume, 'cause we all like the same tunes, right ? Fourteen year old girls being wanna be tarts. A group of kids trying to pay their bus fare with a 20 dollar bill each and getting the ride for free as the driver did not have enough change. I didn't get to ride for free, why did they ? Mums & prams with fidgety children in them. Crotchety bus drivers who claim not to know where a certain road/stop is even though they live in the city and have obviously been a bus driver for years ! Being given dirty looks by the driver as I've managed to use a return ticket within the 2 hour time period (don't ask, it's their idea of a return ticket). You maybe won't get the 'prizewinners' riding the bus that you've experienced !

What would the whinging Ozzies have to whinge about if it wasn't for the whinging poms ? We provide a valuable whinging service but do we get any thanks ? No just have to listen to the whinging ozzies getting their whinging done about the whinging poms !

Oops you're from Notts. NZ probably looks fantastic to you then.

Last edited by Debbie2NZ; Jul 20th 2011 at 4:38 am.
Old Jul 20th 2011, 5:59 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by bga
No its absolutely not, I don't recognise the place that is described in some sections of this forum, please don't believe most of the crap on some of the threads on here, the term whinging poms doesn't come close, seriously!
I browse this site most every day & I see very little 'cr@p' as you put it. What I do read are people's opinions, views and experiences which they are entitled to and may well differ from your own 'cr@p'

FWIW , as a short person, my nose has experienced severe under arm odour on public transport & in crowded places the world over. Both here and in Eygpt as it happens.

Not sure that SeeingISbelieving is referring to NZ. I think it's a general diatribe about the woes of travelling on public transport.
Old Jul 20th 2011, 6:35 am
bga
Forum Regular

bga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud of

.. my last word on the subject.. IMO.. as only a passing visitor nowadays, folks on here helped me immensely when I first got here, lately I see a lot of negativity, folks moaning about this and that, yeah its expensive, yeah the GBP to NZD rate is in its boots, yeah I can't get British this and that, yeah the TV is crap... so what? I ain't in the UK any more, if I wanted all that stuff I'd have stayed there, can you imagine if there was a site where folks who had moved to the UK were slagging it off, I can guess what sort of reaction that would get, and as for folks currently undertaking what I would guess is the biggest thing in their lives to read what is put on some of the threads, it'd scare me witless.. not saying I'm the most optimistic of folks by a long shot but come on.. it's too easy to be a glass is half empty type.. look on the bright side FFS, the TV is crap, great.. get out more then, can't get British this and that, great.. try something new.. can't do much about the exchange rate but I can make my money go further.. grow my own stuff.. the weathers great for it, even in midwinter stuff grows, brew your own beer and wine .. tastes like p**s, but its p**s that you've made yourself, i may have been a bit too direct with my earlier comment but, really, this isn't paradise not by a long shot, but it's not the hole its portrayed to be.. it really really isn't... BTW this is a Rant thread.. so .. Rant over
Old Jul 20th 2011, 7:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
FWIW , as a short person, my nose has experienced severe under arm odour on public transport & in crowded places the world over. Both here and in Eygpt as it happens.
I think it's probably just the odours vary depending where you are. Here at the moment I am suffering not from noxious armpits, but the smell of stinky people around me whose clothes either smell fusty of mould and mildew or woodfires.

I don't even have a woodfire, yet our cat comes home smelling of smoke just from sitting outside on the deck. I find that quite appalling, actually.
Old Jul 20th 2011, 10:21 am
We're HERE!!!

Phew that's a relief to know. We were counting on using buses there until we get a car.

As BEVS mentioned, you can't use the public transport system here in Egypt unless you absolutely have to. Not only is it stinky (the weather is abominably hot here and some people don't use seem to use deodorant), but it's packed - people are literally packed like sardines. It's awful and I feel very sorry for people who have to use buses and the underground, especially women

About people's differing perceptions, that is very true because I used to be on a forum for depression and quite a few of the members were from the US (mainly because back at that time Americans were online the most, not because the majority of Americans are depressed). Well having seen how some people live in poor countries (including my own), their grievances tended to pale in comparison, but then emotions are very subjective by their very nature.

We are all different and some people like things others don't and that's fine, in fact it would be boring if we all agreed on the same things
Old Jul 20th 2011, 8:37 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Debbi****
Kija. No I don't think it's that bad ! Just the guy that whistles on the bus complete with tremble at the end of the note. Kids with their mobile phone radios at full volume, 'cause we all like the same tunes, right ? Fourteen year old girls being wanna be tarts. A group of kids trying to pay their bus fare with a 20 dollar bill each and getting the ride for free as the driver did not have enough change. I didn't get to ride for free, why did they ? Mums & prams with fidgety children in them. Crotchety bus drivers who claim not to know where a certain road/stop is even though they live in the city and have obviously been a bus driver for years ! Being given dirty looks by the driver as I've managed to use a return ticket within the 2 hour time period (don't ask, it's their idea of a return ticket). You maybe won't get the 'prizewinners' riding the bus that you've experienced !

What would the whinging Ozzies have to whinge about if it wasn't for the whinging poms ? We provide a valuable whinging service but do we get any thanks ? No just have to listen to the whinging ozzies getting their whinging done about the whinging poms !

Oops you're from Notts. NZ probably looks fantastic to you then.
Sounds like the UK to me! ive never experienced what your talking about on the buses when ive travelled on them in Auckland or Christchurch!
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 2:02 pm
We're HERE!!!

As some of you may know I like fizzy drinks, but as I'm on an (eternal) diet I drink diet Pepsi. So today, a particularly hot day, I was especially looking forward to my Pepsi with lunch only to discover (after drinking it of course ) OH bought the regular kind so I think I've just messed up a whole cycle of my Fat Loss for Idiots diet Men...can't live with them, can't live without them

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.