Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Random Question about cars

Random Question about cars

Old Dec 26th 2010, 8:35 am
Forum Regular

Gizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the rough
Default Random Question about cars

Hi all,

I was wondering. If I purchased a 'classic' car in the UK (I think it is a classic at any rate), I can just bung it in a container and have it shipped over can't I?

Well, after ensuring that it is nice and clean that is!

There are no special rules governing ex-UK cars comming into the country apart from the bio-hazard ones are there?

Thanks
Old Dec 26th 2010, 8:46 am
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Random Question about cars

I believe you have to have owned it for 12 months, otherwise there are a few taxes you have to pay.........I stand to be corrected.......unless it's LHD and then there are a few other rules to obey...
Old Dec 26th 2010, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

Foxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud of

Here is a post from simonsi after he brought his car in. Hope it helps.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hlight=simonsi
Old Dec 27th 2010, 2:45 am
Forum Regular

Gizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the rough

Sweet. Thanks