British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Is it raining anywhere? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/raining-anywhere-507489/)

Maz Jan 21st 2008 4:38 am

Re: Is it raining anywhere?

Left the races just in time in Trentham. It is now tipping it down in Porirua. :thumbup: Just got the washing in. ;) Was extremely hot in Upper Hutt over lunchtime, then thankfully it clouded over. Could almost hear the audible sigh from the thousands of people there!

Andrew Cross Jan 21st 2008 7:17 am

We had a two minute dribble in Christchurch this evening, not enough to even wet my washing that was on the line and certainly not enough to give the Canterbury Plains a drink...:D

SarahB Jan 21st 2008 8:29 am

We were hoping for rain as one of our tanks is bone dry and the other rapidly getting that way! :eek:...... so today its dribbled a bit on and off.... may have added a litre or so into the tanks. :( Can somebody send some our way please?! Ta! :D

crap coffee Jan 21st 2008 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by SarahB (Post 5817778)
We were hoping for rain as one of our tanks is bone dry and the other rapidly getting that way! :eek:...... so today its dribbled a bit on and off.... may have added a litre or so into the tanks. :( Can somebody send some our way please?! Ta! :D

Hang in there it's the same here, it's just a little worse.:rofl::D

We've got large (Mum's loving) veggie gardens that need huge amounts of water every day!:eek:

Our drinking water supply from a rain water collection system - a hoooooorrible taste!:frown::eek: this-is-what-i-call-cr*p

We've been making hard effort to save "precious water" (in every way we can;)).

Life is not easy for any of us

BEVS Jan 21st 2008 9:26 pm

RAIN ! :eek:

We have it . :thumbup:

Puppypower Jan 21st 2008 9:27 pm

Thank you to all who have been wishing for rain.
It is absolutey persisting it down here!!
but it is still warm

crap coffee Jan 21st 2008 10:43 pm

Rain! :eek: again

It's cool :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Yotty Jan 21st 2008 10:47 pm

Thats most unusual it's raining in Nelson!:) http://tvnz.co.nz/cda/tvnz/weather_index_skin

SarahB Jan 21st 2008 11:49 pm

[QUOTE=crap coffee;5818534]
Our drinking water supply from a rain water collection system - a hoooooorrible taste!:frown::eek: this-is-what-i-call-cr*p
/QUOTE]

Do you think so?? Ours tastes great..... when I go to visit my friend up in Howick her water tastes disgusting..... even she wont drink the Auckland water.... when she comes out to visit me here she likes nothing better than a glass of rain water... she thinks its great.:)

Its spitting with rain here but still nothing to shout about.... rain please!!...we want some rain!! We are either going to have to nick or buy some water this week if it doesnt rain! :D:p

Batty Jan 22nd 2008 12:07 am

Originally Posted by Puppypower (Post 5820666)
Thank you to all who have been wishing for rain.
It is absolutey persisting it down here!!
but it is still warm

As someone has already said 'be careful what you wish for' - sorry :p

Like your avatar by the way :wub:

Andrew Cross Jan 22nd 2008 2:54 am

Raining here in Christchurch too, still not cold though, was very warm this morning..

mickey_d Jan 22nd 2008 4:34 am

Clear blue skies here in Hawkes Bay, gale force winds & very,very hot:shades_smile:

gina and danny Jan 22nd 2008 11:34 am

you can have our rain too if you like, here in machester it has only just let up raining after days of the stuff, the river roach near us burst its banks, and then to make me really miserable this morning i thought great no rain as i went out to take my little lad to school when we got the car i couldnt even open the doors to get in it as they were frozen shut:curse:
we get rain wind frost freezing cold but no sunshine, boohoo:(

BEVS Jan 23rd 2008 1:19 am

Originally Posted by Yotty (Post 5821023)
Thats most unusual it's raining in Nelson!:) http://tvnz.co.nz/cda/tvnz/weather_index_skin

Not really Yotty. This area gets a reasonable amount of rain. Christmas seems to be a favorite time for the heavens to open. :p
We've just been through two days of torrential storms , complete with gale force winds. There was a weather warning.

Poxy storm has flattened my tomato plants , knocked branches off my plum tree and taken out most of the flowers on the pomegranate tree. :thumbdown:

Husband had to abandon work the past two days due to the extreme weather.

All back to sunshine today though. Just in time for the rugby this Friday [crusaders v hurricanes in Motueka] &, my favorite summer event Shakespeare in the Park this Sunday.