Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Is it raining anywhere?

Is it raining anywhere?

Old Jan 20th 2008, 3:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

littleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Is it raining anywhere?

Typical English talking about the weather

It's raining in Norwich but very mild at the mo. Please save me some summer for when I arrive in Feb.

Alison
Old Jan 20th 2008, 5:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

dlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of light

Funa is here. She arrived last night after much fanfare of wind and cloud yesterday afternoon (she's about 12 hours late).

My lawn is mostly hardy kaikuya grass and very little except Roundup kills that.
Old Jan 20th 2008, 5:41 pm
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dlmckay
Funa is here. She arrived last night after much fanfare of wind and cloud yesterday afternoon (she's about 12 hours late).

My lawn is mostly hardy kaikuya grass and very little except Roundup kills that.
I thought Funa was another ex-pat for a minute there I should have kept my mouth shut! Couldn't find my umbrella this morning and of course it eased off as soon as I got to the bus stop
Old Jan 20th 2008, 9:39 pm

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

You should be careful what you wish for.
Old Jan 20th 2008, 11:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

dlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Batty
I thought Funa was another ex-pat for a minute there I should have kept my mouth shut! Couldn't find my umbrella this morning and of course it eased off as soon as I got to the bus stop
You not read your thread properly? Pioneer7 mentioned Funa

I didn't say Tropical Cyclone Funa because she's been downgraded to a Deep Depression...

... and it's still raining...
Old Jan 20th 2008, 11:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz
We just mow the weeds every now and then.

It's beaut here today at the southern end of the Kapiti Coast. Expecting rain tomorrow, just a few scattered showers, high of 25. Pretty much perfect. :
Hi Maz

(today) It's very humid, sticky, muggy in North Shore, Auckland.

no good.

Welly is generally drier and sunnier
Old Jan 21st 2008, 12:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by crap coffee
Hi Maz

(today) It's very humid, sticky, muggy in North Shore, Auckland.

no good.

Welly is generally drier and sunnier
When did you get here? Its been roasting for ages, I'm glad to have a bit of cloud and rain, just want the humidity to fall a bit now. 94% in my house last night.
Old Jan 21st 2008, 12:36 am
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jude J
When did you get here? Its been roasting for ages, I'm glad to have a bit of cloud and rain, just want the humidity to fall a bit now. 94% in my house last night.
Same up here! Been lashing it down here on the coast but so so warm and sticky
Old Jan 21st 2008, 12:39 am

Heat and humidity really takes some getting used to. It often gets warm and sticky enough in Auckland to warrant the use of air conditioners. They really do make a difference and you could use some types them to heat the house during the winter. Even if you don't have them on a chill setting you can still use them to blow the air around.

We have air con in our living areas and ceiling fans in the bedrooms, the fans are on pretty much constantly and the windows open, even when it's raining. I'm not joking about having fans out on the deck, even at night. Some of the top end houses even have external air con
the power consumption of QLD must be astronomical during this time of the year.
Old Jan 21st 2008, 12:42 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jude J
True, it's been roasting for ages and it's been a little bit hard for me. (not used to the heat)

got here (Auckland) : 27th December 2007

am returning back to (Welly) : 27th January 2008

I am so looking forward to going back home and can't wait
Old Jan 21st 2008, 12:44 am
Forum Regular

krissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant future

its pouring down here today!!!!! has been all day...but still HOT!!
Old Jan 21st 2008, 12:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Nerine
Heat and humidity really takes some getting used to. It often gets warm and sticky enough in Auckland to warrant the use of air conditioners. They really do make a difference and you could use some types them to heat the house during the winter. Even if you don't have them on a chill setting you can still use them to blow the air around.

We have air con in our living areas and ceiling fans in the bedrooms, the fans are on pretty much constantly and the windows open, even when it's raining. I'm not joking about having fans out on the deck, even at night. Some of the top end houses even have external air con
the power consumption of QLD must be astronomical during this time of the year.
I'd love it, even if it was just at work!
Old Jan 21st 2008, 1:15 am

We still have a portable unit that we bought from Bunnings, works well though it's a bit noisy, they come up on Trademe quite often.

The other thing are those evaporative coolers, never used one so can't say how good they are, but they're a lot cheaper.

Last edited by Nerine; Jan 21st 2008 at 1:18 am.
Old Jan 21st 2008, 1:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Nerine
We still have a portable unit that we bought from Bunnings, works well though it's a bit noisy, they come up on Trademe quite often.

The other thing are those evaporative coolers, never used one so can't say how good they are, but they're a lot cheaper.
I remember the old air con in HK, it was always a toss up between being having it on so it was chilly enough to sleep or keeping it off because of the awful noise it made which was almost impossible to sleep through!

Ceiling fans do ok for home, cant imagine having to take them outside!
Old Jan 21st 2008, 1:59 am

Yes it'd be far too draughty to sleep in.

Some houses here have those ducted air conditioning systems which seem to just quietly cool the whole house without turning it into an ice cube, so you could have an outlet in a bedroom and feel quite comfortable I think.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.