Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Is it raining anywhere?

Is it raining anywhere?

Old Jan 19th 2008, 9:27 pm
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Is it raining anywhere?

They've promised us rain two days in a row now but still none This'll probably sound strange to some people, especially if you're not here yet and it's freezing where you are, but I'm over the sun It's the monotony of it - every day the same. I want to do some painting in our back hallway but there are two skylight type windows in the ceiling and it's blistering hot by 10am

Mind you, the poor animals in Central Otago need it much more than I do - did anyone see the news last week where farmers haven't enough grass to feed them?

So has anyone else got some much-needed rain?
Old Jan 19th 2008, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

Location: always wishing i was somewhere else, getting there and wishing i was somewhere else again.
smiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Is it raining anywhere?

in germany. plenty here my dear your welcome to it.
Old Jan 19th 2008, 9:41 pm
Banned

pioneer7 is just really nicepioneer7 is just really nicepioneer7 is just really nicepioneer7 is just really nicepioneer7 is just really nicepioneer7 is just really nicepioneer7 is just really nicepioneer7 is just really nice

Well on Friday I found the Only Rain shower in the North Island I think? Between Te Kuiti and Tauamaranui on SH4. Saw the promising black clouds then ran straight into a wall of rain that made the road froth, weirdest thing like someone had poored soap on the road

Unfortunately after all the hot weather a bit of rain makes corners interesting and came across somone who ditched their car on a corner, luckly they were not hurt. Not seen no rain since and the grass is getting a tad brown locals say this is a typical Kiwii summer from back in the old days beats the cooler summers of the last few yeras thats for sure

Oh yes I hate it to hot no aircon in my bus
Old Jan 19th 2008, 9:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

teambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to behold

I think all those in the general North are in for some windy and wet weather over the next day or so.......

The grass around our place could certainly do with some prolonged rain....

Are we fed up of the nice weather though..... nope not yet.

Spent yesterday at Pukekohe race circuit on bikes and put up my motorsport awning i bought here with us. In the UK it was always used with the full sides and ground plate units to provide a working shelter from the potential weather.

Over here we've used it and lent it to people about 10 tens and every time to date its been purely as a place to get shelter from the hot sun.....
Old Jan 19th 2008, 9:49 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Been raining in Croydon all week, seems to have stopped now, though for how long....
Know what you mean though, I get bored if the weather doesn't change. Never been a big sunworshipper myself, might be something to do with being from the North East?!?
Old Jan 19th 2008, 10:21 pm
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue R
Been raining in Croydon all week, seems to have stopped now, though for how long....
Know what you mean though, I get bored if the weather doesn't change. Never been a big sunworshipper myself, might be something to do with being from the North East?!?
Well, for me, it's being used to Irish weather lol

I wouldn't be complaining if I was off to the beach or out on a boat as I was supposed to be today but it's too windy - it's when you need to do work inside that it becomes a pain.

Our best buy this year was a gazebo from the Warehouse - $47 and it's been invaluable over the last few weeks. An umbrella isn't enough when you have more than four people and this is brilliant. The only rain we've had in weeks now was Christmas and Boxing Day - typical
Old Jan 19th 2008, 10:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Is it raining anywhere?
Hey Batty

It's persisting down here in the Gold Coast, Dams are all full, everything is lush green and above all it not as near as humid as it was this time last year!

Unusual for an Aussie resident to offer a Kiwi resident this but..............'Do you need some water??'

NG
Old Jan 19th 2008, 10:32 pm
Forum Regular

Location: always wishing i was somewhere else, getting there and wishing i was somewhere else again.
smiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Nice Guy
Hey Batty

It's persisting down here in the Gold Coast, Dams are all full, everything is lush green and above all it not as near as humid as it was this time last year!

Unusual for an Aussie resident to offer a Kiwi resident this but..............'Do you need some water??'

NG
take it your bored if you are surfing the nz site. dont ozzies and kiwis like each other
Old Jan 19th 2008, 10:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smiges33
take it your bored if you are surfing the nz site. dont ozzies and kiwis like each other
Nah.........not bored at all, sometimes I post here and at other times I post elsewhere.

The Aussies and Kiwis have a friendly rivalry at all things sporty but a mateship in most other things.

NG
Old Jan 19th 2008, 10:49 pm
Banned

pioneer7 is just really nicepioneer7 is just really nicepioneer7 is just really nicepioneer7 is just really nicepioneer7 is just really nicepioneer7 is just really nicepioneer7 is just really nicepioneer7 is just really nice

Hey Batty

NG
makes a change bit like last Winter all the best snow fell in Australia I was laughing to hear all the Aussies who came over here on the word of Good Sking and it all fell in Australia.

Sucks I replanted my lawn this year and well its not looking to healthy :curse: Even the Plum Tree fruited early unlike last year the crop has been and gone and hardly a plum eaten. At least the freezer has got some frozen from last year!
Old Jan 19th 2008, 11:16 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pioneer7
Sucks I replanted my lawn this year
We just mow the weeds every now and then.

It's beaut here today at the southern end of the Kapiti Coast. Expecting rain tomorrow, just a few scattered showers, high of 25. Pretty much perfect. :
Old Jan 20th 2008, 1:30 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Raining all day here in Central Hawkes Bay, and whilst I should be delighted being a rural dweller, I don't understand the irony that has it cloudy and rainy when my family are here, then hot and sunny for days when they have gone, only to cloud over and rain again when the in-laws arrive :curse:
Old Jan 20th 2008, 1:32 am
By name and by nature

Hey Batty

NG
Hi NG My sister spent a month in OZ (arrived mid Dec) and she said she had a great time travelling down the East Coast but 'weather was shit' not what you usually expect to hear from visitors to OZ eh?

The clouds have finally arrived and yes, the wind is going strong
Old Jan 20th 2008, 1:49 am
Banned

And the reason for this weather change is

Tropical Cyclone Funa set to visit NZ

Bring it on
Old Jan 20th 2008, 10:33 am
Account Closed

Yotty is an unknown quantity at this point

Heres the forecast .. http://tvnz.co.nz/cda/tvnz/weather_index_skin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.