Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Radiography employment

Radiography employment

Old Jul 14th 2007, 11:53 am
Just Joined

ShazzerLJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Radiography employment

I have been offered a full-time post with a private health company as both a diagnostic radiographer and a nuclear medicine radiographer. is there anyone who is currently employed as an overseas qualified radiographer? and if so what are the wages like? I am just completing my accreditation application and my husband has family already living in aukland, which is where my job offer is. will this help our application?

help desparately needed as an not 100% sure if this move will be the right thing.
Old Jul 14th 2007, 7:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

phil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Radiography employment

Originally Posted by ShazzerLJ
I have been offered a full-time post with a private health company as both a diagnostic radiographer and a nuclear medicine radiographer. is there anyone who is currently employed as an overseas qualified radiographer? and if so what are the wages like? I am just completing my accreditation application and my husband has family already living in aukland, which is where my job offer is. will this help our application?

help desparately needed as an not 100% sure if this move will be the right thing.
Hi,
you need to ask the company what the pay is for both posts. Public sector is set by a collective agreement through trade unions but that won't apply to private sector.
Old Jul 14th 2007, 8:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really nice
Default Re: Radiography employment

Hi there. I am a radiographer - although not working at the moment! I think that the private sector will pay better than the DHB's - surprise!! Don't know if you're aware that in some areas (don't think Auckland was one of them) the DHB radiographers held a strike because of the pay. So all the non- urgent stuff went to the local private practices!
Generally, there seems to be some flexibility in the wage structure so if the first offer doesn't sound good, try getting them to bump it up a bit!!
There does seem to be a shortage of health sector staff over here and several opportunities with both DHB's and the private sector, so don't think you'd have any trouble with your application, especially as you already have a job offer.
As for the doubts about making the move, I think we all had them to some exent but giving it a go means that you'll never wonder 'What if?' and, if it doesn't work out, there'll be lots of tales to entertain your friends and family when you go back! Good luck