Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Radio Control Models

Radio Control Models

Old Jan 8th 2010, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

Gizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the rough
Default Radio Control Models

Hi all,

Just a curosity question really. I got an e-mail today saying that I have to lodge my response to my ITA (Still not got that - Must be a slow boat!) by March 24th.

While waiting on the paperwork, I decided to go on a clearance spree at home. Decide what I can use over in NZ, what it is pointless taking and so on and I eventually came across my excessive collection of radio-controlled tanks and boats.

My question is simple. Is there a radio-controlled model following in NZ with clubs and the like that I could join, or should I sell my collection?

Some of my models are custom and others are extreamly rare kits so may take some selling. Hence, I would need to start that soon if there are no clubs or the like in NZ.....??

Thanks, David
Old Jan 8th 2010, 10:42 pm
Memetchi

cypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to all
Default Re: Radio Control Models

I am not into it but it seems quite popular in NZ as a hobby, and there is a model boat lake and club in Hagley Park in Christchurch. Check out http://www.angelfire.com/mb/powerboats/, http://www.rcnz.com, http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Cate...at=0347-0925-&. It's always good to have a clearout though.
Old Jan 9th 2010, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

Gizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the rough

Thank you cypherpunk. Looking now.
Old Jan 9th 2010, 11:09 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

There is a radio-controlled model yachting club in Gulf Harbour which sale on a 'lake' on Regency Park Rd. Don't know whether they have a website. But you could try Googling