British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Radio 2 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/radio-2-a-500603/)

Marika 38 Dec 19th 2007 1:20 am

Radio 2

Am having afternoon at home on my own today, as OH And kids are out xmas shopping, can't guess who for!!;). Anyway i thought i would try to listen to some radio, well i had to download real player, and now I am listening to the brilliant Steve Wright in the Afternoon, its great, i was feeling homesick, but this has really helped, just to hear the news, and all the great music he plays, i feel so much better, just a bit of home to listen too. I even heard the scissor sisters, just great. We are hopefully getting our container of things on Friday, so will have all our music back, but this is doing me just fine, he's playing some great 80's musc too, just listened to Kayleigh, not a huge fan of it, but am loving hearing it all.
Does anyone else listen in to the U.K Radio stations ? I havn't found a N.Z station that we like yet, but only put it on sometimes in car, so havn't given it good chance i suppose, but Radio 2 , IMHO , Will take some beating,:thumbsup::thumbsup:

zaras dad Dec 19th 2007 1:28 am

Re: Radio 2

Yes. I listen to BBC Radio Manchester - a saturday night manchester music session with Terry Christian presenting. Good thing is I can listen to it at anytime during the week which is ideal. I just click a wireless transmittor into my computer and hey presto i can listen to it through my stereo - just like home.

I also occasionally (rarely in fact) have a quick listen to 6-0-6 from radio 5 live but usually switch off after the first couple of rants.

NZs Radio Sport is one i listen to via the radio - same as above except delete football and insert rugby.

ZM , More FM , The rock and Hauraki are all good to listen to

Marika 38 Dec 19th 2007 1:34 am

Thanks for that, will listen to those stations, not so bothered about the sport ones, but son will i expect, many thanks. :)

spoonguy Dec 19th 2007 4:05 am

I get the BBC pod casts, its good to hear some familiar voices now and then :thumbup:

Maz Dec 19th 2007 4:53 am

Can't remember the last time I listened to UK radio... :confused: I usually just listen to my iPod. :thumbup:

Emyorks Dec 19th 2007 10:48 am

Hi

We are moving out at the end of Jan (packers here at the mo - we can't do anything so feeling a bit of a spare part!). We have both said one thing we think we will miss is the radio over here, we seem to have it on all the time - switching from radio 1/ radio 2/ 5 live/ classic fm anything really! - Infact i can hear radion 1 & 2 now (packers have their radios on in different rooms!):blink:

lapsed kiwi Dec 19th 2007 5:05 pm

We listen to Radio 2 all the time - the laptop on the kitchen bench is plugged into a stereo and we have Terry Wogan in the morning and Steve Wright in the afternoon. A bit sad I know, but NZ commercial radio is pretty bad and I listen to that in the car. It gets a bit weird listening to Sally Traffic, but you can have a good gloat listening to Friday afternoon's report about all the motorways being gridlocked.
One station I have recently started to listen to and enjoy here is the National Programme (101.4), which is a bit like Radio 4 in UK although not quite as good. It has good current affairs programmes in the morning and afternoon commuting time and no adverts at all

Maz Dec 20th 2007 7:47 am

Steve Wright's still going? And on Radio 2 now? :lol: Lordy am I ever behind the times. :rofl:

Marika 38 Dec 20th 2007 8:54 am

Come on Maz, keep up, ;), glad others listening in to Radio 2, havn't had the chance today, but will tomorrow afternoon I hope. :)

Maz Dec 20th 2007 9:17 am

Originally Posted by Marika 38 (Post 5688103)
Come on Maz, keep up, ;), glad others listening in to Radio 2, havn't had the chance today, but will tomorrow afternoon I hope. :)

Oh give me a break, I left the UK in early 1992. :lol: Back when wotsit (forgot his name now) still did the "Our Song" slot. :rofl: Bloody hell that was awful. :rofl:

Maz Dec 21st 2007 9:58 am

Originally Posted by Fredddy (Post 5691206)
<<snip>>

Oh lovely. I've reported this post, too.