Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

To quote that Aussie advert: 'Where the bloody hell are ya?'

To quote that Aussie advert: 'Where the bloody hell are ya?'

Old Jun 25th 2007, 10:59 am
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute
Default To quote that Aussie advert: 'Where the bloody hell are ya?'

Is it just me, or has this board been particularly quiet these past few weeks? <Apart from the 'Winter in NZ' thread which was an absolute corker! > I know that a fair number decamped to pastures new, but there must still be some of the old guard out there, as well as plenty of new blood.

So who's still out there...?

Hellllooooooooooooo...........? <echo>
Old Jun 25th 2007, 11:05 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: To quote that Aussie advert: 'Where the bloody hell are ya?'

Originally Posted by Wiz'n'Ton
Is it just me, or has this board been particularly quiet these past few weeks? <Apart from the 'Winter in NZ' thread which was an absolute corker! > I know that a fair number decamped to pastures new, but there must still be some of the old guard out there, as well as plenty of new blood.

Well, as you branded me a heretic earlier, I guess you know I am still here
StevieB pops in now and again if I read something to him that really riles him or catches his interest. And no, he is not my alter ego, unlike some on here. He has been seen in the flesh by several people and there are photos to prove it!!
Old Jun 25th 2007, 11:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wiz'n'Ton

You need to have rip-roaring threads to keep everyone interested. It's quite boring if everyone ask sensible questions and gets sensible replies. So perhaps we need to spice it up a bit.
Old Jun 25th 2007, 12:08 pm
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Woodlea
You need to have rip-roaring threads to keep everyone interested. It's quite boring if everyone ask sensible questions and gets sensible replies. So perhaps we need to spice it up a bit.
Shut up!
Old Jun 25th 2007, 12:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karonious
Shut up!
I beg your pardon???!!!!
Old Jun 25th 2007, 12:29 pm
conquering the world!

I beg your pardon???!!!!
I was trying to spice it up
Old Jun 25th 2007, 12:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

I was trying to spice it up
Aye I ken, but it doesn't grab everyone's attention like the spat between dicknlyn, genesis and mcuddy - now that was fun!
Old Jun 25th 2007, 12:38 pm
conquering the world!

Aye I ken, but it doesn't grab everyone's attention like the spat between dicknlyn, genesis and mcuddy - now that was fun!
Shut up!
Old Jun 25th 2007, 12:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shut up!
OK
Old Jun 25th 2007, 12:47 pm
conquering the world!

OK
You are right - doesn't grab you and make you either want to contribute or tune in for more.......
THREADKILLER!
Old Jun 25th 2007, 12:54 pm

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

You need to have rip-roaring threads to keep everyone interested. It's quite boring if everyone ask sensible questions and gets sensible replies.
These things ebb and flow...

The cynical, ironic, downbeat posters have to have a determination bordering on psychotic to post for more than a week before collapsing under the onslaught of the "Don't like it? Then leave" crowd. And if you want to write something that you feel is interesting but will not offend anybody...well you have to write very factual and practical things. And you end up with an interactive Exchange and Mart.

Forums get the posters they deserve, you know.

Last edited by Avid; Jun 25th 2007 at 12:56 pm.
Old Jun 25th 2007, 12:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

You are right - doesn't grab you and make you either want to contribute or tune in for more.......
THREADKILLER!
Sorry!

Really need to be provocative and say that NZ is really crap because.... blah blah

Or that NZ is really great because ....blah blah

So what can really grab someone's attention? NZ is great because you always get you bags packed at the supermarket, or NZ is crap because Coro is behind the times?
Old Jun 25th 2007, 1:05 pm
conquering the world!

Originally Posted by Avid
These things ebb and flow...

The cynical, ironic, downbeat posters have to have a determination bordering on psychotic to post for more than a week before collapsing under the onslaught of the "Don't like it? Then leave" crowd. And if you want to write something that you feel is interesting but will not offend anybody...well you have to write very factual and practical things. And you end up with an interactive Exchange and Mart.

Forums get the posters they deserve, you know.
Thanks for that Avid - can I have the karma I gave you back?
Where do I stand in all of this?
I write what I see and think.
I don't knock anyone for their posts
I don't presume to tell anyone that their view is wrong even though I haven't encountered it for myself.
If that makes me boring so be it: I can deal with that
I would rather be boring and honest than try to stir things up just for the sake of it. The funny thing is, some of us truly do love it here. I am fully aware of the down side of New Zealand, I just seem to encounter the good stuff. If that makes me boring: so be it. I enjoy my life here and I see no reason to state otherwise
Old Jun 25th 2007, 1:17 pm

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that Avid - can I have the karma I gave you back?
Where do I stand in all of this?
I write what I see and think.
I don't knock anyone for their posts
I don't presume to tell anyone that their view is wrong even though I haven't encountered it for myself.
If that makes me boring so be it: I can deal with that
I would rather be boring and honest than try to stir things up just for the sake of it. The funny thing is, some of us truly do love it here. I am fully aware of the down side of New Zealand, I just seem to encounter the good stuff. If that makes me boring: so be it. I enjoy my life here and I see no reason to state otherwise
Karma coming your way!

I think you've misunderstood my post (or I didn't express myself fully).

Places like this need every point of view to be lively and 'interesting'. When you have a forum where everybody is in agreement, then why bother posting? Except to exchange factual information, of course.

And to be honest, karonious, your reaction shows what I am saying. I didn't say 'Get rid of the happy people' or 'Happy posters are boring'. I never said that. I said 'Bring back the moody posters'! But the way you jumped on me shows my point, that you have to be very determined to keep posting on a place like this because people are so easily offended it makes posting seem more effort than it's worth!
Old Jun 25th 2007, 1:31 pm
conquering the world!

Originally Posted by Avid
Karma coming your way!

I think you've misunderstood my post (or I didn't express myself fully).

Places like this need every point of view to be lively and 'interesting'. When you have a forum where everybody is in agreement, then why bother posting? Except to exchange factual information, of course.

And to be honest, karonious, your reaction shows what I am saying. I didn't say 'Get rid of the happy people' or 'Happy posters are boring'. I never said that. I said 'Bring back the moody posters'! But the way you jumped on me shows my point, that you have to be very determined to keep posting on a place like this because people are so easily offended it makes posting seem more effort than it's worth!
I think you didn't express yourself fully,
I don't actually count myself in either camp but from your post I realise I am indeed deemed to be in the 'happy' camp.
That is why I asked where do I stand in all of this.
I can see the problems. In my own life I try to address those problems. I just don't come on here shouting about them.
I couldn't agree with you more - we need a balance of posters on the forum. People react to situations differently and that balance is of immeasurable help to those who haven't yet left the UK. What they don't need is for those opinions to be voiced in personal, offensive terms. We are all entitled to our views, it is the manner in which we put them over that can sometimes cause offence.
Live and let live and post informative and considered opinions.
Sorry, can't quite bring myself to argue there!

Last edited by karonious; Jun 25th 2007 at 1:34 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.