Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

quilting and patchwork

quilting and patchwork

Old Oct 10th 2005, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

JoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant future
Default quilting and patchwork

Does anyone know of any good quilting and patchwork places in NZ? I'll need to cast the net wide at the moment as I don't know where I'm going

Joanna
Old Oct 11th 2005, 8:41 am
Not a Junior Member!

Lisa T has a spectacular aura aboutLisa T has a spectacular aura aboutLisa T has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: quilting and patchwork

Originally Posted by JoannaD
Does anyone know of any good quilting and patchwork places in NZ? I'll need to cast the net wide at the moment as I don't know where I'm going

Joanna

Devonport village, North Shore Auckland. Really big shop and very helpful people. Can't remember the names but it's close to the top of the main street near the old cinema.
Old Oct 11th 2005, 9:03 pm
Life begins...

80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JoannaD

Joanna
On the subject of arts and crafts, I've revived my interest in knitting and crochet, is this widely practised in NZ? And how much is wool cos it's bloomin' expensive here ? (I just made Georgina a cute fluffy bolero jacket that cost me about £25!! I knitted a matching bag which is gorgeous.)
Old Oct 12th 2005, 12:14 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

There's craft classes all over the place in NZ, the kiwis are very into it. Knitting is very big too, I can't knit to save my life but I would love to learn crocheting so am looking for someone to teach me that.
Can't help with the price of wool, the $2 shop was selling balls of wool but it was the stuff that kind of looks fluffy and velvety once knitted up. I think The Warehouse sells wool too
There's a shop in Christchurch called 'Spotlight' and it sells material and wool ... absolutely everything and it's very good!
Old Oct 12th 2005, 10:05 am
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 80s Chick
On the subject of arts and crafts, I've revived my interest in knitting and crochet, is this widely practised in NZ? And how much is wool cos it's bloomin' expensive here ? (I just made Georgina a cute fluffy bolero jacket that cost me about £25!! I knitted a matching bag which is gorgeous.)
What a dab hand you are Phyllis! Can I have one too??? Sounds like you'll settle into the relaxed NZ lifestyle just fine.