Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

The quickest, most direct flight to NZ IS?

The quickest, most direct flight to NZ IS?

Old Dec 10th 2007, 9:52 am
aka Mandie.H

11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: The quickest, most direct flight to NZ IS?

I've been trying to look for the thread about someone who had about 6 stop overs but the cost was dirt cheap and someone replied with the name of the website...and now can't find it

Anyone have any ideas what company/website it's through

Old Dec 10th 2007, 10:01 am
Account Closed

Yotty is an unknown quantity at this point

"Hire your own row boat" perhaps?
Old Dec 10th 2007, 12:04 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by 11ThousandMilesFromHome
I've been trying to look for the thread about someone who had about 6 stop overs but the cost was dirt cheap and someone replied with the name of the website...and now can't find it

Anyone have any ideas what company/website it's through

I think the first leg was on Oasis Airlines to Hong Kong, then on to Tiger Airlines, then something something something....

Old Dec 10th 2007, 12:29 pm
Account Closed

Yotty is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: The quickest, most direct flight to NZ IS?

My advice is fly an aircraft with a prefix letter G in the registration. Mind you that Oasis 747-400 flies out of Gatwick and looks in good nick!
Old Dec 10th 2007, 7:08 pm
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

When it comes down to it, if you get the direct flight from LHR-LAX-AKL then there is not much difference except

1. More luggage can be taken on a US flight
2. LAX is a pain (especially with all that extra luggage...)
3. Singapore (or Asian stops) don't let you take as much luggage
4. Singapore is MUCH nicer to transfer at. It has a little restful garden in the middle of the airport and most importantly (imo) there is a shower so you can freshen up.
Old Dec 10th 2007, 7:17 pm
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by happynz
I think the first leg was on Oasis Airlines to Hong Kong, then on to Tiger Airlines, then something something something....

One way it is possible is London (LGW i think?) to Hong Kong, then a ferry across from Hong Kong to Macau. Get a Viva Macau flight if they are running yet (they were delayed) to Sydney. Or a tiger/jetstar flight.